CHAPTER 14

Purple Roses

Baekhyun's mother was making some lemonade for Baekhyun and Daehyun once they arrived from school. It's been some minutes since Daehyun arrived and went upstairs to his room. She hasn't been in her right mind ever since meeting Kyuhyun the other day. She just hoped he wouldn't open his big mouth again. She grabbed two glasses and filled them with some ice. She grabbed a tray from under the counter and then pored some lemonade into the glass cups. She walked upstairs and didn't hear any voices. Her mind suddenly went to that time she saw Daehyun and Baekhyun sleeping together. There was no way she was ever going to let Baekhyun turn out just like Heechul did. There no way she would expect that type of relationship between Baekhyun and another boy. A woman must only be for a man and vise versa. She didn't hesitate to quickly open the door but to her horror came face to face with them hugging. She dropped the tray with both glasses and stood there in horror and disbelief. She didn't think twice and ran to push her baby boy out of Daehyun's arms. She pushed Baek away and looked back at Daehyun and slapped him without realizing what she just did. 

She stood there in shock looking at Daehyun grab his cheek.

"What the hell is wrong with you mom!" Baekhyun screamed getting up from the bed and standing in front of Daehyun.

Daehyun couldn't believe she just hit him, he was really confused more then hurt. He had no idea what he could of done.

"Answer me mom! Why would you slap Daehyun for no reason!" He screamed again but his mother was just standing there emotionless.

"Daehyun...I'm sorry....I didn't mean to slap you. I thought-"

"Mrs.Byun I understand why you slapped me." He replied comely. Baekhyun looked back at him like he was crazy.

"No Daehyun don't accept this!" He demanded looking back at his mother.

"Mrs. Byun I'm sorry but this is a misunderstanding. I actually got asked out to prom and I asked Baekhyun to teach me how to dance since I have no idea how to." He explained.

Cindy felt more ashamed of herself for misunderstanding. 

"Daehyun you don't have to apologize. I'm sorry for slapping you. I'm not in my right mind."

Daehyun's heart shattered knowing Baekhyun's mom would never accept a relationship between him and Baekhyun. Daehyun was afraid of loving Baekhyun and being hurt. This had to stop before anything else happens. He had to stop his feelings for the other. 

"It's ok Mrs. Byun."

Cindy didn't say anything and left leaving him alone with Baekhyun again. Daehyun watched as the door closed and he looked back at Baekhyun but the other was gone. He heard the bathroom door close and walked over and knocked.

"Baekhyun are you alright?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah....please just leave me alone for a bit."

Daehyun didn't want to bother the other so he just left to clean up the mess of broken glass.

Baekhyun meanwhile was sitting crying quietly inside the bath tub, he was hurt. He knew his mother wants to marry him off with some nice woman someday, but how could he  possibly do that if he was in love with Daehyun. He swear he was going to die from a broken heart. He knows that there is no way Daehyun and him could ever be together. There was just so many people who would be against them being together. 

--------------------------------

Prom Night~

 

Baekhyun was busy fixing his tie in his parents room while Daehyun was busy showering in their shared room. Baekhyun was actually going to prom with Kangjun since Kangjun asked him politely the other day. Baekhyun didn't really want to go with him, but it was just a dumb graduation dance. Youngjae and Bjoo both didn't like the idea of him going to prom with Kangjun for some reason though. Of course then they accepted the idea, but when he told Daehyun about it, he kept ignoring him up till now. It made him feel hurt that Daehyun was ignoring him, but he had to pretend he was unbothered. He sighed looking at himself in the mirror making sure his eyeliner was ok before putting on his suits coat. He smiled looking at himself and was pleased that he looked good.

"You look beautiful."

Baekhyun turned around to find Daehyun standing in the doorway in a suit himself. Baekhyun swallowed the lump in his throat as he saw Daehyun in the suit. He had never seen Daehyun in a suit before and dam was he looking fine and hot. 

"Uhh...thank you. You look handsome as well Daehyun." He replied shyly.

Daehyun was upset that Baekhyun was going to go to prom with Kangjun. He doesn't like Kangjun one bit. Something about him just gave him this bad vibe about him. Daehyun tried to ignore Baekhyun, but he just missed being close to the older.

Daehyun walked over and looked at himself in the mirror next to Baekhyun. Daehyun took out the burgundy box from his pocket and handed it to Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun would you help me put this on?"

Baekhyun smiled and took the box and opened it slowly. It wasn't a pretty boutonniere to be honest. It was just plain and simple. Baekhyun slowly placed it on the others suits pocket, making sure it was good and in place. Baekhyun looked up at Daehyun and smiled and forgot how close they were. Daehyun looked down at the other as his eyes went down and looked at Baekhyun's lips. His lips looked so sweet, rosie and plumped. Daehyun swallowed the lump in his throat wondering how the others lips would taste and feel against his own lips. Baekhyun noticed too, as his eyes looked everywhere but Daehyun's face. 

Of course the moment was interrupted by the door bell ringing. Baehyun was quiet disappointed that he wasn't kissed by Daehyun, but he knew it was wrong. Daehyun on the other hand was willing to kiss Baekhyun and confess his feelings, but he knew it was risky. 

"Daehyun there is someone at the door for you!" Cindy yelled from downstairs.

Daehyun coughed as he stepped away from Baekhyun into the hall way without saying a word. He walked downstairs and saw his step mom standing at the entrance door way. He came to a halt as he saw who it was. It was Kangjun. 

"Your date is here Daehyun!" His step mom said excitedly.

Daehyun wondered why was he here for? He knew his step mom would not be happy if she found out Baekhyun was going to prom with another male. Baekhyun was suppose to meet up with Kangjun at his house, at least that was what Youngjae told him. 

Daehyun was about to speak before he was interrupted by no other then Baekhyun. 

"K-Kangjun?" Baekhyun breath out nervously as he was on the last step of the stairs.

Daehyun looked over at his step mom as she had a disbelieve and disguste look on her face.

"Baekhyun? Don't tell me this is your date!?" Cindy pointed angrily at Kangjun and giving Baekhyun a hunting look. Daehyun knew this wasn't going to go well. He looked over at Kangjun and found him smirking quite evilly.

"M-mom please let me explain." 

Daehyun heard a loud slap, he turned to see his step mom in front of Baekhyun, as Baekhyun looked down at the floor with blood red teary eyes, holding his right cheek.