Chapter 11

Immortal Seoul

The first thing Taeyeon wanted to do with her new ability was see a sunset so she found a nice empty spot at the nearest beach. The sensation of the sun against her skin was still so unfamiliar. It seemed hotter than she remembered but her senses were also heightened so it made sense. She was enjoying the sights and sounds of the sea when a small white dog padded into her lap.

"Well hello there" Taeyeon smiled down at the dog as it tried to her face. "Where are your parents?" Taeyeon asked as she scratched the dog behind the ear. The dog barked and wagged its tail excitedly. "Aren't you the cutest thing?"

"Prince Fluffy... Prince Fluffy... where did you run off to?" Taeyeon heard a slightly familiar voice call from behind her. "You're going to be in big trouble when I find you young man."

The dog froze at the sound of the girl's voice and then balled up into Taeyeon's lap, his tail still wagging wildly. She looked down at his pink nametag and read it aloud. "Prince Fluffy, Cutest Dog In The World" She smiled at the name and patted the dog's head. "So you're Prince Fluffy... I think your mom's looking for you."

"Prince Fluffy!" The girl yelled this time. The dog jumped up and ran off barking in the direction of the voice.

"There you are." Taeyeon heard the voice say but soon the dog was padding back towards her. "Yah, where are you going?" The dog barked again and waited for his master to get closer before he climbed back into Taeyeon's lap.

"You're cheating on me with another woman?" The girl said as she got closer. Taeyeon turned and smiled when she saw Tiffany approaching.

"Taeyeon... is that you?" Tiffany shielded her eyes from the sun as she walked up to where she was sitting.

"Yeah it's me." Taeyeon rubbed the head of Prince Fluffy who was falling asleep in her lap.

Tiffany sighed as she took a seat next to Taeyeon and looked at her too comfortable dog. "I guess I can't blame him." Tiffany gave Taeyeon a naughty smile. "I wouldn't mind getting comfortable in your lap."

"Um... thanks... I guess." Taeyeon uttered awkwardly. She wasn't quite sure how to respond to that comment.

"Do you come here often?" Tiffany questioned as she noticed the awkwardness in Taeyeon's voice.

"No, not often" Taeyeon shook her head. "This is actually my first time here."

"I usually bring Prince Fluffy here for a walk on my days off. He really likes it here." Tiffany reached down and rubbed the sleeping dog's head. "The sunsets are always so beautiful in this spot as well."

"Really..." Taeyeon looked out over the ocean as the sun started to touch the horizon. "That's the whole reason why I came."

"Well you picked the best spot." Tiffany smiled as she leaned her head on Taeyeon's shoulder and they watched the sunset in silence.

*****

Jessica stood by the window as she watched her sister kiss a young man she had never met before. She waited patiently for them to finish before she decided to approach. The young man walked casually towards her whistling with his hands in his pockets. He shot her a bright smile and bowed as they passed. Jessica eyed him as he walked away with his head high and shoulders back. He didn't seem to have a care in the world.

"I see you have a new boy toy." Jessica smirked as she sat down next to her sister.

"He's not a boy toy." Krystal rolled her eyes at her older sister. "He's my boyfriend."

"Since when has he been your boyfriend?" Jessica raised her eyebrows "and why is this news to me?"

"Stop it..." Krystal glared at Jessica coldly. "I'm not a child."

Jessica sighed and crossed her arms. "I know you're not a child but you'll always be my little sister." She rubbed Krystal's face affectionately. "You know I only want the best for you."

"Well you don't have to worry because he is the best." Krystal smiled brightly at the thought of her handsome boyfriend.

"You sound whipped." Jessica laughed and shoved the younger girl.

"I am not!" Krystal pouted and stuck her tongue out.

"Well at least he smells good." Jessica noted as she played with the ends of Krystal's hair.

"So what brings you here?" Krystal questioned as she eyed her sister. "It's not like you to just drop by."

"I missed you..."

Krystal narrowed her eyes and sat back in her chair. "What's wrong Jessica?"

"Nothing's wrong..." Jessica adjusted herself in her seat. "Can't a girl miss her sister?"

"No..." Krystal said flatly.

"Ugh, why are you being like that? I really missed you!" Jessica pouted and raised her eyebrows.

"Whatever…" Krystal scoffed "I know you too well Jung Jessica." She checked her phone as it beeped and smiled at the cute message her boyfriend had just sent her. "Guess who stopped by the other day?"

"Who…?" Jessica feared see already knew the answer.

"Boa..." Krystal made eye contact with Jessica for a moment before looking away. "Did you come because Taeyeon and Sunny are back in Seoul?"

"No..." Jessica paused and patted her sister's hand. "I came because Taecyeon stopped by to see me the other day."

"Oh..." Krystal gave a worried expression. "Did he try to do something to you?"

"He's not stupid enough to try to take me on alone." Jessica sighed and shook her head "but he did threaten to do something to you."

"You don't have to worry about me.” Krystal grabbed Jessica’s hand reassuringly. “The only reason he got to me the first time was because I trusted him. I don’t anymore and I can take care of myself now."

"I know you can, but I still worry." Jessica stood and took a few steps towards the door. "I'm going to send Leo here to look after you for a while."

"I don't need a babysitter."

He won't be your babysitter Krystal. He'll be your bodyguard."

*****

After chatting with Tiffany for a couple hours Taeyeon decided to stop by Sunny's place to share the great news. Sunny's house was still dark when she arrived but she wasn't in her bed when Taeyeon walked into her room. Taeyeon thought she probably wasn't far so she took a seat on the side of her bed to wait. She jumped up when she felt something vibrate against her , she was beyond relieved when she saw Sunny's phone sitting there. She laughed at herself as she picked her the phone and thoughtlessly read the text message on the screen. She was surprised to see it was from Sunmi.

'Call me when you wake up my love. I miss you. xoxo'

Taeyeon read the message over and over again. She couldn't understand why Sunmi had sent this message to Sunny's phone. Maybe she sent it to her by mistake Taeyeon thought as she pulled out her own phone to check if she had received a message also. She frowned as she stared at her phone waiting for a message to pop up but it was Sunny's phone that lit up again with a second message from Sunmi.

'I think we should tell Taeyeon. I don't like keeping secrets from her.'

"Taeyeon" Sunny smiled as she entered the room but it faded when she saw her phone in Taeyeon's hand.

Taeyeon looked up at Sunny with anger in her eyes as she held the phone up so Sunny could read the message. "What does she mean?"

Sunny didn't say anything. She only stood in the doorway and stared back at Taeyeon blankly.

"What is she talking about Sunny?!" Taeyeon screamed as she crushed the phone in her hand and throw the pieces at the wall next to her.

Sunny blinked at Taeyeon a few times before she spoke calmly. "Why are you so upset? I thought she wasn't your girlfriend."

Taeyeon's eyes flashed red and her fangs shot out as rage engulfed her. She flew towards Sunny with the speed of a bullet, grabbing the girl by the neck and slamming her into the wall behind them leaving an imprint.

When Sunny found her footing she kicked Taeyeon hard in the stomach making her fall back and slide across the floor until she hit the opposite wall. Taeyeon stood slowly as tears started to build in her eyes.

"Why..." Taeyeon's voice broke as she tried to speak. "Why would you sleep with my girlfriend?" She could feel the rage building in her again as the words left her lips.

"Your girlfriend…?" Sunny scoffed as she said the words sarcastically. "I thought she was just a girl you used when you were hungry or wanted to ."

Sunny didn't see the punch that knocked her to ground but she felt the pain as her jaw shattered from the impact. When she opened her eyes she could see Taeyeon's fist heading towards her again. She moved her head just in time and the fist broke through the floor inches away from her face. Sunny rolled out of the way as Taeyeon tried to free her trapped hand.

"You know that's not true!" Taeyeon cried as her hand finally came free.

"Then why did she come to me?" Sunny rubbed the side of her face where Taeyeon hit her she could feel the pain as her bones started to heal. "You never treated her like she was your girlfriend."

Taeyeon stared at Sunny as her words started to sink in. She knew she had been distant but not because she didn't care.

"Did you ever stop to think about how she feels?" A tear fell from Sunny’s eye as she looked back at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon wiped the tears from her eyes and turned away from her oldest friend. "I want you to leave." She said calmly. "I never want to see you again."

When Taeyeon reached the safety of her home she fell to the floor crying. She didn't know how much time had passed before Hyoyeon ran in and grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Taeyeon what the hell happened at Sunny's house?" Hyoyeon shook her when she didn't respond. "Taeyeon, where is Sunny?"

"I don't know" Taeyeon shrugged weakly. "I told her to leave..." her body shook as she started to sob again. “Please go find her and make sure she's okay." Taeyeon looked up at Hyoyeon with bloodshot eyes.

"What happened?" Hyoyeon questioned but Taeyeon was too emotional to answer. She only leaned her head against Hyoyeon's chest and continued to cry. Hyoyeon embraced her and rubbed her hair gently until she seemed to calm down.

"I'm fine..." Taeyeon finally uttered pushing Hyoyeon away "go find Sunny."