Chapter 18

Immortal Seoul

A frown covered Jessica's face as she returned to the room. She took her seat and dialed into her phone. Taeyeon watched as Jessica's frown deepened, she could make out the sound of a busy signal coming from the other end. Jessica held the phone to her ear for an abnormal amount of time Taeyeon thought being that the other line was clearly busy. It seemed as if Jessica read her thoughts because she ended the call at that moment but still continued to stare down at her phone.

"What's wrong?" Taeyeon questioned wanting to know why Jessica looked so worried.

"I don't know... maybe it's nothing but I received two missed calls from Boa." Jessica looked up and Taeyeon could see the worry in her eyes. "I tried to call her back but I keep getting a busy signal."

"Maybe she called someone else when she couldn't get you so now her phone is busy."

"Yeah that could be it..." Jessica said absence mindedly before dialing into her phone again.

"Hello..." Krystal answered on the third ring.

"Is everything okay? Why did it take you so long to answer the phone?"

"God Jessica calm down it was the third ring and everything's fine. Anyway I saw it was your number so I didn't rush."

"Haha you're so funny" Jessica rolled her eyes. "Has Boa tried to call you tonight?"

"No... Why... what's wrong?"

"I don't know but she tried to call me twice and now her phone is busy."

"Well it is Boa... she can handle herself if anything goes down."

"Yeah... you're probably right. I shouldn’t be so worried." Jessica breathed out a relieved sigh. "Where's Leo is he nearby?"

"He's right here..." Krystal laughed into the phone. "He challenged me to a game of Chess and I'm kicking his ."

"She is not..." Jessica heard Leo's voice in the background.

"Checkmate!" Krystal yelled and Jessica could hear Leo mumbling something about cheating. "Ha... he's a sore loser. You should see his face... pouting like a baby. What are you doing anyway?"

"I'm talking to Taeyeon." Jessica looked up to see Taeyeon typing into her own phone.

"What?! Taeyeon's there? Krystal yelled again. Jessica's look of worry had turned into a look of annoyance. "Tell her I'm going to kick her for not coming to see me and Sunny."

"I think she heard you." Taeyeon was now looking at Jessica with a grin covering her face.

"Good... I'm glad she heard..." Krystal's voice sounded distant as if something had caught her attention. A small silence fell on the other line but Krystal's loud voice returned. "I expect a visit from you soon Kim Taeyeon... you hear that?"

"I think every vampire within five miles heard that." Jessica held the phone away from her face. "Okay I have to go but I'll call again later."

"Yeah okay... talk to you later."

Jessica ended the call and exhaled.  "Let me wrap this up... I know you're tired of waiting."

"I just want to know what's going on and why your boyfriend has been trying to kill me for the pass fifty years."

"He's not my boyfriend..." Taeyeon had never witnessed a glare so cold before. If looks could kill she would've turned to dust.

"Sorry... I meant ex-boyfriend." Taeyeon corrected herself. After a moment Jessica's eyes softened and she leaned back in her chair.

"I met Taecyeon through Boa you know." Jessica smiled and folded her hands in her lap. "At the time she came to an agreement with a werewolf called Rain and from what I heard he was highly respected among his kind. He was also very charming and he used that charm on Boa and soon they were dating. I met him a few times and he was convinced he knew the perfect guy for me. Taecyeon and I met shortly after and he was perfect for a long time." Jessica paused and stared out into space for a moment before continuing. "I'm still not sure why but just when we thought everything was going well Rain attacked Boa and she had no choice but to kill him. Then she went back into hiding. Taecyeon didn't take the news lightly and his attitude started to change. He was always angry and sometimes it felt like he blamed me. We argued a lot and he started to drift away but I still cared for him.

"So where do I fit into all this?" Taeyeon still couldn't understand why Taecyeon had it out for her.

"After Boa killed Rain Taecyeon thought I would just betray my friend and tell him where she was. I told him I didn't know where she was hiding because I didn't. She would always contact me but he didn't believe me. I didn't see him for a while after that but when he came back the question arose again. This time I was livid... I couldn't believe this really thought I would choose him over my friend and I told him as much. Well he didn't take that lightly either and proceeded to kidnap my sister. He used her to get information from me and all I had was you. I told him for the third time I didn't know where Boa was so he wanted you. You see I had built some trust in him before all the mess started and I told him about you and your blood ties to Boa. I told him you didn't know anything but he didn't care. He returned Krystal to me and he hadn't touched her. I thought he wouldn't do anything to hurt you so I told him where he could find you."

"Well that's just ing great Jessica. Thanks for keeping me out of danger." Taeyeon scoffed sarcastically.

"Look you little smart I kept you out of danger for years and honestly I care about my sister's safety over yours." The silence in the room was deafening as the two women stared at each other. "I love Boa like she is my own blood but she just left you with me for years and when hit the fan she left again." Jessica sighed and lowered her head. "Taeyeon you're a very powerful vampire and I know you feel it. I heard you've taking to drinking less blood. It's scary isn't it when you feel like you can break the world with your bare hands? It's been a long time since you've needed me to keep you out of danger."

Taeyeon looked down at her hands. She remembered when she was human and weak and scared of everything. She was so small but now the only thing she was afraid of was herself. Jessica was right she did feel like she could break the world and what if she lost control one day? That scared her more than anything even more than the thought of death. The only time she felt remotely normal was when she stopped drinking blood. But this was beside the point. She wanted to stop this nonsense.

"I don't want to fight and I've never been a fan of killing but Taecyeon is a problem it seems." Taeyeon closed her hands into fists and sat up straight. "Making deals and coming to agreement haven't worked in the past and I doubt it will work now. We have to eliminate the problem. We need to kill Taecyeon."

"Really…?" Jessica's brows shot up. "You want to kill him?"

"Yes..." Taeyeon answered coldly. "Do you have a better idea?"

"No..." Jessica said after a moment of thought.

"Then it's settled where can I find him?" Taeyeon asked standing up from her seat.

"I don't know..." Jessica frowned "what's wrong with everybody do I look like a snitch to you?"

"Well you sure didn't mind telling him where to find me so how about you return the favor?"

"You know what... you Taeyeon. I don't need your and I've told you all I know so you can leave." Jessica stood to go open the door but a loud bang was heard. She exchanged glances with Taeyeon and they both ran for the front door. When they arrived there was another loud bang and the door crashed onto the floor in front of them.

"Jessica! Jessica!" Krystal ran in screaming Jessica's name. Her clothes were covered in blood and she was crying.

"Krystal…?!" Jessica ran up to her sister. "What happened? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" The words came out of Jessica's mouth as she looked over her sister trying to find any wounds.

"It's not my blood..." Krystal pointed towards the door "...it's Boa's."

Jessica almost fainted when she looked towards the door and saw Leo carrying Boa in his arms. She was covered in deep cuts and her blood was dropping everywhere. Jessica turned back to Krystal and saw Taeyeon had fallen to the floor and was staring up at Leo with a look of horror covering her face.

"What happened?" Jessica questioned again this time trying to sound calm.

"I don't know..." Krystal shook her head she was still crying and finding it hard to speak. "When I hung up the phone with you my doorbell rang. I went to the door and Boa was there on the ground surrounded by blood. Krystal paused for a moment and looked up at Boa. "I thought she was dead... I really did but she grabbed my leg and mumbled something. It wasn't clear all I could make out was shot, Taecyeon and explosion then she passed out."

"But why isn't she healing? Did you try to give her blood?" Jessica questioned she was finding it hard to hold back her tears now.

"Yes..." Krystal nodded "it was the first thing we tried but it didn't help. She's going to die if we don't do something soon."

"I have an idea" Taeyeon spoke up as she pulled herself up from the floor. "I have a couple friends that could help. Follow me and I think we should fly. It will be quicker."

*****

Seohyun hurried to the door when she heard frantic banging coming from outside. She stepped back in horror when she saw the sight in front of her. Taeyeon was there but behind her stood the palest man she had ever seen and in his arms laid a girl covered in stab wounds.

"Wha... what's going on?" Seohyun stuttered as Taeyeon and her companions entered the house.

"Seohyun we need your help. This is my maker..." Taeyeon hesitated as she looked at Boa. "I've never even spoken to her but she's going to die if we can't figure something out." Taeyeon looked up making eye contact with Seohyun "I know it doesn't look good but will you try?"

Seohyun was silent for a moment. What did they want her to do with a dead girl? They were the vampires not her. She couldn't bring people back to life. "You said she's a vampire correct?"

"Yes..." Taeyeon replied "she's my maker and she's dying... will you help?"

"Yes." Seohyun nodded "take her to the lab and I'll go find Yoona. I'm going to need her help with this." Seohyun let out a heavy sigh. What did she know about vampires and why was this one not healing on her own? 'It's going to be a long night' she thought as she headed upstairs in search of Yoona.

Taeyeon, Jessica, Krystal and Leo waited in the next room for Seohyun to return with news. Three hours had passed and the room had grown quiet. Taeyeon and Krystal used the time to catch up while Jessica and Leo sat silently lost in their own thoughts. The door to the next room finally opened and Seohyun walked over to sit with them.

"I think she's going to be okay" she nodded. She's still unconscious and not healing but we managed to sew her up. We have her on a blood drip right now and Yoona is taking a look at her blood to see if she can figure out what's stopping her regeneration. Until then we'll keep a close eye on her."

"Thank you." Seohyun was surprised when Jessica wrapped her arms around her. "I don't know who you are but that's my best friend in there and you saved her... thank you." Jessica stepped back and looked at Krystal. "We should go but I will stop by tomorrow night to check on her." She turned to Taeyeon "you were right and we should continue our conversation another time. Something has to be done."

After Jessica, Krystal and Leo departed Taeyeon stayed around for a while longer.

"She's going to be fine" Seohyun assured her. "If she was human she would definitely be dead but she's a vampire and her heart is intact... not even a scratch." Seohyun smiled trying to lighten the mood.

Taeyeon nodded but didn't look any less concerned. "I think I should stay."

"Don't be silly. There's nothing you can do here unless you know what's wrong with her blood and you sticking around will only make us nervous. No one likes their boss hanging around looking over their shoulders. Anyway I will keep you updated and if anything changes you'll be the first to know."

"Okay... I guess you're right" Taeyeon nodded again. "I should go home" she stood and slowly left the building wandering out into the early morning. Her mind was thinking of nothing more than wrapping her small but powerful hands around Taecyeon's throat and squeezing the life out of him.


A/N

Sorry for the long wait but I had serious writer's block when it came to this chapter. I feel like it's not my best work but I hope you guys still like it. Anyway because I missed a week I'm posting two chapters this week so enjoy!

Mad_One