Chapter 12

Immortal Seoul

Sunmi was shocked when the apartment door opened and Sunny walked in.

"Sunny...?" Sunmi jumped up from the couch and ran over to her. "What are you doing here?" She was excited to see her but the fact that she turned up unannounced was worrying. "I called and texted you like a million times. Why didn't you answer?"

"Taeyeon knows...." Sunny sat down weakly in the nearest chair.

"Taeyeon knows what Sunny? Did you tell her about..." she was cut off before she could finish.

"No" Sunny shook her head and chuckled. "She read your text, crushed my phone and broke my jaw."

"Oh my god!" Sunmi grabbed Sunny's face and looked it over. "Are you okay?"

"No..." Sunny hung her head trying to hide her tears. "I just lost my best friend."

"What does Taeyeon know exactly? Did you try to explain?" Sunmi pulled a chair over to sit down facing Sunny.

Sunny sighed before recalling how the event unfolded. With each word that left Sunny's mouth Sunmi's eyes grew bigger and bigger until she couldn't take it anymore.

"Stop!" She yelled at Sunny, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Why would you say something so ugly to her? You know that's not how I feel." She ran her fingers through her hair and exhaled. "Oh god..." she closed her eyes in frustration. "and now she thinks we slept together."

Sunny shrugged "it's her own fault for assuming I would sleep with her girlfriend." Sunny was truly hurt by the accusation, the simple thought of sleeping with Sunmi had never entered her mind. "We've been friends for over a hundred years and the first thing that popped into her mind when she read that message was they must be banging."

"You could have corrected her but you decided to add fuel to the fire." Sunmi sat back and crossed her legs. "How mature of you."

Sunny rolled her eyes and rubbed her cheek again. "I was pissed because she was reading my private messages and did I mention she broke my jaw."

"I don't blame her..." Sunmi gave her a light slap on the face and walked away. "I would break it again if I could."

"Where are you going?"

"To call Taeyeon and tell her the truth." Sunmi picked up her phone from the couch and left the room.

*****

Taeyeon's phone didn't stop ringing the whole day but she didn't care. She watched as the lights of her phone illuminated her dark room until the battery went dead. She found her phone charger and plugged it in. The lights were the only thing keeping her sane at the moment. When her phone flashed back to life she couldn't help but see the last message Sunmi sent to her.

'Taeyeon, I know you're upset but if you've ever cared for me you will answer your phone and let me explain.'

Taeyeon answered when her phone rang again but she didn't speak.

"Taeyeon?" The sound of Sunmi's voice shot a pain through her heart, she couldn't speak even if she wanted to. "Taeyeon I know you're there" Sunmi sighed into the phone. "Sunny told me what happened" she began when Taeyeon didn't respond. "Sunny and I are not sleeping together, we've never slept together." Sunmi waited again for a response but there was only silence on the other line.

"I've been thinking a lot about our relationship." Sunmi started slowly. "Taeyeon, I love you... I was ready and willing to give up my life to be with you forever." She paused and sighed again. "I realized you didn't feel the same about me when you refused to turn me the night I asked. Yes I was upset, yes I went to Sunny and cried on her shoulder but that was it. We've been texting each other since you left, I wanted to know how everything was going." She paused again only to still be met with silence.

"I thought since we don't share to same feelings for each other... maybe this would be a good time for us to take a break, you know."

"So you're breaking up with me?" Taeyeon finally spoke but her voice was almost unrecognizable.

"Yes... I mean no... I don't know." Sunmi stuttered. "Ugh, I hate doing this over the phone... I wish I could see your face."

"I don't think you want to see my face right now." Taeyeon chuckled as she thought about how she must look at the moment.

"I love your face, I love you." Sunmi uttered softly.

"I love you too." Sunmi was shocked by Taeyeon's words. It was the first time she had ever used them.

"You're an ." Sunmi half joked. "I should hang up on you right now."

"What?" Taeyeon laughed. "I'm trying to stop you from breaking up with me."

"It's too late, I've already made up my mind." Sunmi said seriously.

"Well at least I tried." Taeyeon sighed.

"There's one more thing." Sunmi was hesitant to continue. "Promise you won't get mad."

"I promise..."

"Sunny, she agreed to turn me into a vampire."

"What!" Taeyeon yelled "put her on the phone!"

"Taeyeon you promised you wouldn't get mad."

"That was before you told me Sunny was going to turn you into a vampire! Is she crazy?"

"No, she's not crazy. What's so wrong with me becoming a vampire? Why are you so against it?" Sunmi questioned she really wanted to hear Taeyeon's answer.

"I'm... I'm not against it." Taeyeon stumbled. "But... but you're my girlfriend and I should do it."

Sunmi chuckled "you're the crazy one. Don't you remember refusing me and I'm not your girlfriend."

"I changed my mind. I want to do it."

"You really are an ." Sunmi repeated. "Sunny is going to do it and besides I like being able to look into your eyes."

"Fine... whatever... it's clear that no one cares about my feelings." Sunmi laughed when she thought Taeyeon was surely pouting like a child on the other end of the phone. She always did it when she couldn't have her way.

"Are we cool now? There's no more misunderstanding between us right?" Sunmi asked wanting to end the conflict.

"Yeah we're cool." Taeyeon mumbled "tell Sunny I hate her for me."

"I will not." Sunmi shook her head. "You two are so immature and you're both hundreds of years old."

*****

"Dude... I'm so sorry." Hyoyeon made her way over to sit on the side of Taeyeon's bed. "I heard what happened." Taeyeon opened her eyes and turned her head to face Hyoyeon. "I still can't believe Sunny said that to you and then you broke her jaw..." Hyoyeon shook her head smiling. "One of you should've called me first so that I could've witnessed that ."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and turned her back to Hyoyeon. "Go away..."

Hyoyeon scanned Taeyeon and noticed that she was still wearing the same clothes she had on the night she left. "Have you been in this bed for five days?"

Taeyeon rolled back around. "Yes..."

"Really Taeyeon, really?" Hyoyeon sighed at the sight of her maker. "I need you to get up and go shower like right now."

"Make me..." Taeyeon stared Hyoyeon down and waited.

"How old are you again because last time I checked you were pushing a thousand."

"Really... go away." Taeyeon said again before rolling back over.

"You know, no one ever listens to me. Didn't I say you should've turned her when she asked... but noooo you had to be all I'm Taeyeon and girls love me because I'm Taeyeon. Well look at you now, Taeyeon."

Taeyeon sat up slowly frowning at the smirking girl sitting in front of her. "Am I going to have to break your face next?"

"Fine I'm leaving" Hyoyeon raised her hands over her head as she stood.

"Sit down" Taeyeon rolled her eyes and Hyoyeon obeyed, the smirk still on her face. "How is Sunny?"

"She's fine... she got a new phone but she told me not to give you the number."

"Typical" Taeyeon scoffed "and Sunmi?"

"Well... um... she's okay." Hyoyeon nodded but there was a clear frown on her face.

"If she's okay why are you frowning?" Taeyeon questioned not believing Hyoyeon's words. "Did Sunny turn her already?"

Hyoyeon shook her head her frown deepening. "Sunmi, she's... she's been having second thoughts about death and all you know. It all sounds like fun and games until you're like dead... for real."

Taeyeon nodded and bit her lip getting lost in thoughts of her ex-girlfriend.

"She was ready to be a vampire when she thought she would be spending eternity with you." Hyoyeon frowned and shook her head before continuing. "But now with you out of the picture she's a little scared... naturally."

"Naturally..." Taeyeon repeated "so she's really over me?"

"Seems that way Casanova." Hyoyeon patted Taeyeon's back.

Taeyeon sighed and flopped back down on the bed. Hyoyeon laughed as Taeyeon crossed her arms and pouted.

"Now that's typical." Hyoyeon joked pointing at Taeyeon's childish habit. Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at the laughing girl as she unfolded her arms and pulled her lip in.

"I think I want you to leave now." Taeyeon retorted sitting up again.

"Okay I'll leave but hear me out" Hyoyeon cleared dramatically. "Kim Taeyeon... you tend to attract very attractive women. Hell I might have been attracted to you if I was into that sort of thing. You have these girls eating out of your hands, falling all over you like you're the Hope diamond or something but you always act so cool and aloof until it's too late. You have to let a girl know you care if you want to keep her." Hyoyeon smiled and stood to leave. "Think about that the next time a girl is ready to die for you." She took a few steps towards the door. "And please take a shower... being an old dirty vampire is not attractive."