Chapter 28

Immortal Seoul

"Why did you bring me?" Taecyeon had always wondered this. Rain would always pick him to go along when he had important things to do but he couldn't understand why. His brother was next in line to lead not him.

"Why do you always ask that question?" Rain grabbed Taecyeon's shoulder and smiled. "Because you're my right hand and I trust you."

"Yeah..." Taecyeon shrugged Rain's hand away. "You don't trust your bother?"

"This is not about Joon..." Rain sighed "listen Taec I need you to have my back on this. My dad would lose his if he knew I was meeting with vampires. Bringing my brother along would only make things easier for them if this is a trap. I don't think it is but I'm sure she won't be alone. I need you to watch my back."

"You know I always have your back."

"Yes..." Rain smiled again "and that is why I always bring you. Now let's go find the vampires."

The club they entered was busy for a Thursday night. There were people in every corner of the room talking, smoking, some dancing but he easily spotted the vampire sitting alone at a table near the center of the room. As much as they tried Taecyeon never thought vampires fully blended in with humans with their perfect skin and hair. There was also an air of superiority about them... like they know they're the top of the food chain. The vampire turned her head and made eye contact with him. She gave a slight nod as if agreeing with his thoughts and then she smiled. He froze in that moment. The thought that she could be reading his mind freaked him out. He could only watch as Rain took a seat next to her and they began talking.

He stood there for a while watching trying not to think offensive thoughts about vampires. Everything seemed to be going well between the two so he drifted to the bar and scanned the room. Nothing was abnormal about the scene, there was a couple making out in one corner while a card game was starting to get a little heated in the next. There was also a group of women laughing and giggling at the other end of the bar. They kept stealing glances at him and whispering with each other.

Taecyeon smiled at the ladies making them laugh and giggle louder. That's when he spotted her... the other vampire. She was alone standing partially in the shadows. She stared out over the crowd with little to no interest in what they were doing. She looked bored, her arms crossed and her face blank. But what a face it was Taecyeon thought. She was gorgeous and he couldn't stop himself from approaching her.

"This is a dumb question but has anyone ever told you how gorgeous you are?"

The vampire didn't blink or even move at his question. She stared into his eyes for what seemed like a decade until her eyes traveled down his body and then back up to his eyes. "That is a dumb question." She turned away from him, her honey blonde hair falling over her shoulders. He watched as she walked out onto a balcony and looked up into the night sky.

"May I ask your name?" Taecyeon questioned following the vampire outside into the cool night.

"You may..." The gorgeous vampire didn't look at him when she spoke, her attention taken by the beautiful night sky.

Taecyeon smiled as he watched her, her eyes never leaving the luminous moon. "It will be full soon..." he said as his gaze followed hers.

"You know what they say about full moons?" The vampire turned meeting Taecyeon's eyes.

"They say a lot of things..." Taecyeon placed his hands in his pockets. "What story did you hear?"

"Oh... only that the big bad wolf likes to come out and play." The vampire smiled and turned back to the night sky.

"I've heard that one..." Taecyeon laughed "... did you hear the one about vampires?"

"There's a full moon story about vampires?" There was a slight raise of the vampire's eyebrow but her tone showed little interest in his story.

"You still didn't tell me your name."

"You never asked my name." Her eyes shifted to him briefly. Why is he talking to me she thought. She could see the interest in his eyes and hear the slight nervousness in his voice. But he is a wolf she thought, why is he flirting with me?

"Ah... yeah…" He smiled and she watched him. His hands still in his pockets something people often do when they're nervous, the way he shifted his weight from one leg to the next and the small beads of sweat starting to form on his brow. "What is your name?" He finally asked the smile still on his face.

"My name is Jessica..." she said looking away from him.

"... Jessica." He repeated and extended his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Taecyeon."

Jessica looked down at the extended hand but didn't take it. What game was he trying to play? She studied him for a moment, his dark hair and strong features. He was tall and handsome but there was a kindness in his eyes that she found attractive. "I thought you had a story about vampires and full moons?"

Taecyeon nodded placing his neglected hand back in his pocket. "Well I lied..." he smiled "I was looking for an excuse to continue talking to you."

Jessica sighed and crossed her arms. "What are you doing?"

"What...? I don't know what you're talking about." Taecyeon was genuinely confused.

"You know what I am and I know what you are." She paused and shook her head. "Our kind doesn't make the best of friends."

"Who said anything about friendship." Taecyeon smirked, he didn't know why but he really liked this vampire.

Jessica couldn't help but smile "... you're definitely a bold wolf."

"And you're definitely the iest vampire I've ever laid eyes on."

"Hmm..." Jessica frowned before giving him a small bow. "It was nice meeting you Taecyeon but I have to go." She turned and disappeared into the smoke filled club.

"You ready to go?" Taecyeon turned to the sound of Rain's voice.

"Yeah... I'm ready. How did your talk with the vampire queen go?"

"The vampire queen?" Rain laughed "... she's not a queen... but it went well. It seemed like you were having quite the conversation yourself."

"No..." Taecyeon gave a weak laugh. "I don't think she liked me."

"Hm, that's too bad. You looked good together." Rain patted Taecyeon's back.

"You think so?" Taecyeon questioned.

"Yeah I think so and Boa agreed. If you wanted I could maybe help you get a date."

"A date...?" Taecyeon blinked trying to bring his mind back into focus. "You know we can't date vampires."

"Oh come on Taec... not you too." Rain sighed and bit his lower lip. "Listen... I asked Boa out and she said yes."

"You did what? Your father is going to be pissed if he finds out."

"It's just a date... it's not like we're getting married." Rain sighed again "You can't tell me you're not interested."

"I am..." Taecyeon agreed with his words but shook his head. He knew this was the start of trouble.

Just think about it Taec... they're eternally beautiful with unimaginable power. They never die, we live for what seems like forever. The possibilities of a werewolf and vampire together over many lifetimes are endless."

"But what about..."

"Don't worry so much..." Rain interrupted "... just think about your date with Jessica. I'll make it happen." Rain put his arm over Taecyeon's shoulder. "Let's go have a drink."

*****

Taecyeon groaned stretching his arms out above his head. The smell of cooking food entered his nose as he inhaled. He turned to the clock on his nightstand 9:45 the time read. He exhaled and closed his eyes again. He had laid down for a small nap that turned into nearly 5 hours. The sun had set but the moon was full casting a blue light over his darken room. He reached into his nightstand and pulled out a photo of him and Jessica. It was his favorite photo of the two of them. He had taken it a few months into their relationship when everything was fun and they were happy. He couldn't remember the last time his smile touched his eyes in such a way. And Jessica... you could only see her profile in the picture because she was kissing his cheek. But you could see the smile on her face, her eyes closed and her arms wrapped tightly around his body. You couldn't see that in the photo but Taecyeon remembered it clearly.

His door opened, a woman's figure entered his room holding a plate in one hand and a glass in the other. Taecyeon sighed and put the photo back in the draw. He wished he could put his memories of Jessica  away just as easily.

"I made dinner for you..." The woman walked to the side of the bed and placed the plate on the nightstand.

Taecyeon sat up in his bed and rubbed sleep from his eyes. "Eunjung... I told you I don't want to do this anymore."

"Why?" Her back was to him. She stood by the window looking out over the pool in his backyard, the light of the moon casting a shadow of her on his wall. "Jessica doesn't care for you anymore... but I do. I love you Taecyeon."

"You don't mean that." Taecyeon walked over to her. He didn't know how but he wanted to comfort her in a way, tell her everything was going to be okay.

"I meant every word." She turned to him grabbing his face in her hands. "I love you Taecyeon." She repeated the words again before placing a short lived kiss on his lips, a kiss that wasn't returned.

"I can't do this anymore." Taecyeon removed her hand from his face. "I'm sorry..."

"Fine..." Eunjung smiled but a tear fell from her eye. "I hope she will make you happy." She turned to leave but Taecyeon grabbed her arm.

"Where are you going?"

"You don't have to pretend to care anymore." She removed her arm from his grip. "I'm not the best mind reader but I know you were always thinking of her when we were together."

"Eunjung... I'm sorry." He couldn't find better words to say because she was right. He only used her out of loneliness and didn't even have the decency to at least think of her when she was there.

"I'm sorry too." She said before  starting for the door again. "Goodbye Taecyeon..."

He stood at his window for a while after Eunjung left. The food she cooked for him now sat cold on his nightstand. He went back to his bed finding his phone in the covers. He opened his contacts list and pressed 1. Even after all the time they spent apart Jessica was still number 1. The phone rang two times before going to voicemail. 'Hi, this is Jessica. Leave a message.' It was short but sweet.

He ended the call and tried again but this time it only rung once before the message played again. He tried a third time the phone ringing a full five times before rolling over to the message. He knew she probably was never going to answer but he tried again anyway.

*****

Jessica watched Taecyeon's name flash across her phone for the fourth time. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so tired. She definitely didn't have the energy to deal with Taecyeon right now. She wanted... no she needed to disappear for a few years and sleep. After three hundred years of life and couple years of sleep wouldn't hurt. She would've done it sooner if it wasn't for her sister.

Taeyeon was right about one thing Jessica thought. We have to put a end to this so we can live in peace. We never asked for war but they continue to bring it to our doorstep. If Taecyeon and his friends couldn't leave them alone then they would just have to stop them. Taecyeon's name flashed on her phone again.

"Now is the time." She said before answering the phone. "How can I help you Taecyeon?"