Captain Annoying and Cherry Blossom

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right in front of their eyes is their principal looking very disheveled with her blouse laying open, slightly exposing her chest. Her usual neatly styled bob hair is as messy as her clothes, with several strands stuck on her face. Sakura is laying against the toilet wall, looking every bit unlike her usual self.

 

“What happen!” Yujin screams out as she rushes over to Sakura’s side. Eunbi looks equally concerned as the frown on her face deepens while she paces behind.

 

“I-” Sakura pretends to choke on her words.

 

Yujin turns to her senior agent. In such situations, Yujin knows it is better to let Eunbi so she waits for her Captain’s next step. Eunbi comes closer to Sakura’s other side, scanning every inch of her body. Sakura notes that none of the agents are making any physical contact with her.

 

“What happen Sakura?” Eunbi asks calmly. She does not see any visible injuries on her principal and thus is concluding in her preliminary assessment that Sakura’s form is the only concern.

 

“I-I got robbed.”

 

Eunbi turns away and reaches for her earpiece. “Captain to Lighting, are you outside the school with the limo?”

 

“Yes Cap. What’s up.”

 

“Park it and come into the school. We got a robber in the block. See if you notice any suspicious persons first. I will give you more details when I find out more.”

 

“Noted Cap.”

 

Eunbi releases the earpiece button and turns her eyes back to Sakura. “Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

Sakura is not prepared for this level of calmness. She immediately knew she underestimated agents of Korea’s best intelligence agency. Sakura thought it will be like the movies, the agents will be on high tension and adrenaline. They will rush out to find the perpetrator while fussing over her. Sakura assumed it will be fast and pacey but the level of calmness and focus scares her. She needs to thread carefully, play her words right otherwise she will be exposed.

 

“No, got into a little scuffle but n-no I am not hurt anywhere.”

 

“Yeah, just what I thought.” Eunbi nods, brain thinking hard.

 

Just what she thought?! How is she not panicking after seeing her principal like this on the freaking ground of the toilet! Sakura looks at Yujin who returns with a very concerned look.

 

“Shall I help you up unnie? Or would you prefer to sit here until you are ready?” The reason why the agents do not touch Sakura is because they are trained to deal with people in vulnerable situations. Often these victims that may have just been subjected to a physical attack are repulsed to being touched again, body reacting in defensive mode. Therefore their training have often reinforced this to ensure if their principal is ever in such situations, like now, agents can respect their principals’ space and make sure they do not make them more uncomfortable. Agents have to ask before approaching.

 

“Thanks Y-yujin ah.” Yujin then puts her arm around the older girl and supports her up. Eunbi stands with the two of them.

 

“Do you know the robber?”

 

Sakura turns her eyes back to Eunbi. Now you ask. “No, I haven’t been here long enough to recognise people.”

 

“Can you describe him or her to me?”

 

“It is a girl. She looks older than me and has a ponytail on held together with a black ribbon. She is taller than me. That’s all I remember.” Sakura is relieved that she had already prepared this description ahead of time.

 

Eunbi repeats the details to Agent Lighting to assist with his search then she looks at Sakura. “Let’s get you to the sickbay. Are you okay to walk?”

 

Eunbi’s level of professionalism is making Sakura very shocked right now - Eunbi knows what to do, step by step, questions to ask. Sakura hates to be appreciating it as the planner of this ‘dramatic attack’ but she can’t help but think that if this was a real situation, she might actually have felt comfortable. So ironically, Sakura is very uncomfortable at how comfortable she is.

 

“I can walk.” Acting time. Sakura takes a step with her arms wrapped around herself as Yujin supports with her arm on her shoulder. Eunbi opens the door for them and walks ahead once they were through.

 

“What happened!” The nurse sitting behind her desk in the sickbay jumps up in surprise at Sakura’s appearance. That was the reaction Sakura was hoping for. Normal people’s reaction.

 

“She was robbed in the toilet by a student but Sakura says she is not hurt anywhere, they had a scuffle is all. Do you have any water here for her to drink?” Eunbi takes the lead.

 

“Yes yes I do.” The nurse pulls out a bottled water from the carton under her desk. “Here you go girl.” She passes it to Sakura but Eunbi takes it before Sakura can. She then uncaps the bottle and hands it over to her principal. Stop Sakura stop appreciating her actions, stop. You are supposed to be getting rid of her. Sakura takes the uncapped bottle hesitantly.

 

“Are you sure you are not injured anywhere? Do you want me to have a look without your agents around?” The nurse approaches Sakura.

 

“No, no it is fine. I resisted a bit that is why I looked like this but I am not a good fighter so it didn’t go too far.” Sakura leans back, okay this is getting too serious. Thankfully, or not, Eunbi helps handle it as well.

 

“She is fine. I brought her to the sickbay so there will be some privacy for her to recover her thoughts and calm down. Hope that’s alright with you if the three of us stay here for a bit?”

 

“Sure sure it definitely is fine. Should I inform Mr Hong about this? Or are you going to?” The nurse addresses Eunbi.

 

, Mr Hong. Oh god, Principal is involved. Sakura mentally curses. She thought she had a good plan but only now Sakura realises that while her actual plan is thorough, the aftermath is not. I just really hope there isn’t a girl today that fits my description .

 

“I will inform Mr Hong after I get all the details. Our agent is searching for the robber as we speak so hopefully when I do report to him we have something to show. Do you mind giving us the room so I can speak to Sakura?”

 

“Yes yes please do. I’ll be outside if you need anything.” The agents bow to the nurse as she leaves.

 

“Unnie, are you feeling better? You should drink some water, it will help calm you down.” Yujin looks worriedly at her principal.

 

No amount of water can calm me down. Sakura nods and gulps the water down awkwardly.

 

“What did she take from you?” Eunbi suddenly asks while Sakura was just done with her drink.

 

“P-phone.”

 

Eunbi nods and lets Lighting know to look out for it. “You said you resisted. So there was a bit of a tussle? Can you tell me how it started?”

 

I can do this. This explanation I planned it. “I was just doing my own thing in the toilet when she came in. We didn’t say anything to each other then all of a sudden she reached out to grab the phone in my hand. But I reacted fast so I still had a grip on and that’s why there was a bit of resistance.” Sakura huffs to try to look distraught recalling the supposed incident. “She tried pulling me away by gripping onto my clothes but I didn’t let go. Then she made one forceful push and by then I was very tired so I gave in and fell down. She ran off after with my phone.”

 

Eunbi nods and Sakura notices her eyes lingering downwards. Where is she looking at? Sakura follows Eunbi’s eye line and realises that she is looking at her chest area.

 

No visible bruise on her collarbone area though. Eunbi thinks to herself as she stares at Sakura’s shoulder area. She mentally noted the observation before deciding to ask the toughest question. Knowing how much tension she has with her principal, she knows this will be an ugly one.

 

“Why did you leave the classroom without telling me?” Eunbi looks back up at Sakura and they lock eyes.

 

I knew you would ask this, Cap-tain. Sakura gives some time for a dramatic pause.

 

“I still don’t like having you around.” She delivers the line nonchalantly.

 

Eunbi appears to calmly keeps her eyes on Sakura and the younger girl does too.

 

Sakura adds on. “By that I meant agents in general. I can’t get used to having people following me. All I wanted was to have some privacy so I went to the fifth floor toilet where it is peaceful enough to facetime my friends in America. I didn’t expect to get into trouble there so I didn’t think I should tell you.” Sakura answers with her preplanned explanation but then she remembers something.

 

She really wants to smirk but that will ruin the whole act. Thus she delivers her next line as indifferently as possible.

 

“Plus you seemed very distracted with your phone so I didn’t want to disturb.”

 

Low blow but damn, on target attack!!! Good job Sakura!!! The little derailing of her plan with Eunbi on her shift instead of Yujin turned out to be the perfect attack as Sakura manages to turn on it.

 

Eunbi clenches her fist. Until she met Sakura, nobody has questioned her professionalism like this befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter