The Reveal

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Everybody gather up!” A shout comes from outside and that was enough to stop the agent-principal stare. Sakura instinctively turns around as if she can even see anything with the blinds there.

 

“Seems like we are needed.” Eunbi comments as she buttons up her shirt properly to the best of her abilities without compromising her shoulder.

 

When Sakura turns back, the agent is much neater than before to Sakura’s slight disappointment. Don’t be a ert, Sakura. She mentally scolds herself. Time and place!

 

Eunbi notices that brief glance. Why is she… She doubts she can find the answer to many of Sakura’s weird actions and chooses to gather up as instructed. “Come on, I think it’s about the night’s development.” She tells Sakura while using her back to hold the blinds open.

 

Upon seeing that, Sakura quickly jets through the blinds so she doesn’t bother Eunbi too long in that position. Even when she is injured she stays professional… or just being nice. Unlike you Sakura.

 

“Sir, this is what we have so far.” Chief starts her briefing in the middle of the living room. “The authorities have 4 people in their custody and we strongly believe they belong to the main group of protestors based on what they were wearing. It is identified just now the t-shirts with the erm, words, under their shirts pretending to be waiters. The police will deal with them accordingly but I can foresee it will definitely be jail time for all the chaos they are a part of.”

 

Chief swipes the iPad in her hand. “For the other protestors outside the hotel, the police found out that they were told to gather. They don’t believe they are part of the main group of instigators hence most are not taken in. Only those who got a bit violent, like the one who injured Captain-” Chief looks over to Eunbi, “will be held in detention.”

 

Eunbi takes this opportunity to find the answer to her most pressing question. “What about Lee Sungkyu? Did he get away?”

 

Chief locks her iPad’s screen, “I was just getting there. Unfortunately, our chief suspect has managed to escape. However, the police are on high alert for him and they have agreed to share any updates with us when there is.” Chief takes a step forward. “We will catch him.”

 

Mr Kim rubs his forehead, “What a night.”

 

A man in the suit steps up from his seat beside Mr Kim. “What about casualties? We need to know if there’s any damage control to be done.”

 

“For those who don’t know, this is Jang Woo Sung the head of marketing and public relations of Kim Corp.” Chief introduces to the rest of the party. Sakura notices some sort of oddly deep stare from the man to the Chief as she speaks. The suspicions are quickly gone when she hears the important information from Ka Eun. “Thankfully because of the good contingency planning by Captain and fast reactions of our agents, we manage to evacuate our guests in time thus no injuries are reported. Our agents took in more of the brunt but everyone seems to be in better shape now.” Chief smiles at Eunbi.

 

Mr Kim notices all eyes on Eunbi and he likewise follows suit. “A job well done indeed Captain, for your bravery and hard work. Please have a good rest after this.”

 

Eunbi bows, “I will Sir.”

 

“Ka Eun-” Woo Sung pauses, “Chief I mean you also did a good job directing all the guests out. The clear instructions made the movement orderly despite the chaos.”

 

Is he flirting with her? Sakura chimes in her head. Right now, she is taking whatever sort of non-negative actions of the night as something happy to cling onto. Seems like the crying just now really helped me feel better. Sakura glances at the person beside her.

 

“It’s part of my duty.” Ka Eun calmly answers before turning to Mr Kim. “Anything else you like to add Sir? Otherwise I will dismiss everybody for the night.”

 

Mr Kim shakes his head. He too needs his rest.

 

“That is all for you guys, please have a good rest for the job well done tonight. You are dismissed.”

 

Mumbles from the agents can be heard as they talked amongst one another. Sakura never takes her eyes off Eunbi until a nurse approaches the agent, requesting to make a change to the dressing. Eunbi agrees and heads back towards the triage area and now Sakura is left alone in the middle of the once packed living room. She spots Ka Eun doing a last debrief with one of the agents on night duty.

 

I need to do something I should have done a while back.

 

Sakura unhesitantly paces towards the Chief. As the Chief’s back is facing Sakura, the agent who is talking to Ka Eun notices and immediately stops speaking. Naturally, Ka Eun follows his gaze and is quite surprised to see Sakura. Nevertheless, she calmly finishes off her last words.

 

“If anything happens during the night, you know how to reach me Agent.”

 

The said agent nods and bows before he leaves and now Sakura has Chief’s full attention. “Anything’s the matter?”

 

“Er.” Sakura doesn’t really know how to begin. Truth be told, she walked over on impulse but the thought has been recurring throughout the night. “I need to talk to you about something.”

Ka Eun nods, waiting for Sakura to continue.

 

“I am not too sure if I can ask so you don’t have to tell me if you can’t. But a-after tonight, where will Captain be posted to? I mean she was tasked with the gala but you know… it’s over. So have you thought about…”

 

“Where to assign her next?” Chief completes Sakura’s question. “I have. But what’s up? Do you have any requests you want to make?”

 

“Wherever you are planning to assign her next, I hope… it isn’t a punishment for t-the incident back in the school the last time. S-she’s a good agent, I see that now so I think she should be placed where she d-deserves.” Sakura daringly gets through her words, hoping Chief wouldn’t ask more and just thinks that Sakura is merely trying to appeal for her.

 

But obviously Chief doesn’t give in, she already senses what’s up. “Can I ask why the special request all of a sudden? I may be Chief and I don’t gossip, but I am privy to most I’ve seen and heard. I know both of you don’t have the best relationship so why are you speaking up for her?”

 

Dammit. Chief is too smart. Do I really have to… you have to! Be a better person and don’t implicate someone for something they didn’t do, Sakura!

 

“Because it wasn’t her fault.”

 

There, I said it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter