Pre-Game

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#WIZONELOVEIZONE

Eunbi. Sakura. Hyewon. Yena. Chaeyeon. Chaewon. Minjoo. Nako. Hitomi. Yuri. Yujin. Wonyoung.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

With everybody heading back to their duties and Minjoo, Hitomi, Chaewon and Eunbi disappearing for no strange reason, Sakura is left with Yujin and Yena as they clean up the remains on the trolley. She is already full from the little bites she had here and there and can only wonder why the two is eating so well despite this being a teatime snack.

 

Eunbi walks back into the room and Sakura notices again the tight fitting white shirt with blank pants Eunbi is in. Does she even know the shirt is tight for her? Or am I the only one who can see it? Her big b-

 

Sakura forcefully casts her eyes away from the agent.

 

“Everybody has left?” Eunbi asks no one in particular as she heads towards the table with all her work stuff from earlier.

 

Yena nods. “They all went back to their duties.”

 

“I suppose you guys went back to your duty of cleaning up the leftovers.” Eunbi jokes as she packs up her belongings.

 

Yujin shrugs. “It is better than wasting food.”

 

Eunbi chuckles. “Now clean up the mess and send the trolley back to the kitchen.”

 

Used to listening to Captain, the two agents automatically move their bodies and tidies up the area. Awkwardly stuck in the room, Sakura attempts to fit in by helping but Yujin stops her. “Eh unnie don’t worry about it. How can a Kim family member be helping with this. Sit sit.”

 

“I ate too so I should help.” Being pampered is not in Sakura’s bone, she wasn’t brought up this way. She assists them in her own way by making a round in the room collecting remaining trash around. There’s a tissue left on Eunbi’s desk and Sakura heads over to retrieve it but stops herself in her tracks when Eunbi glances at her.

 

“Are you-” She points to the tissue.

 

Eunbi looks down at it, “oh right. Thank you.”

 

Sakura grabs it and moves away quickly. She doesn’t want to be near Eunbi and for what reason? She isn’t sure. Sakura tosses the trash into the trash bag that Yena helps to hold open.

 

The two agents are done with the clean up. Yujin pushes the trolley to the door and Yena follows behind with the bag of trash. Suddenly it hits Yujin; if they leave, it means that Eunbi and Sakura will be the only ones left in the room. That cannot happen knowing that the two has never been on the best of relationships so Yujin tries to hand the trolley job over to Yena. “Unnie, I am sure you are strong enough to handle both on your own. I will stick with Kura unnie.”

 

Grouchy that she is dumped with extra work, Yena whines. “Ahn Yujin, Sakura is just fine. There’s base agent and Eunbi unnie is here-” It occurs Yena what Yujin is trying to do but cheeky Yena is not going to let it happen. Especially after the fun time at the arcade, Yena would kill to see another Eunbi-Sakura interaction again, oh they will kill each other and rip out the other’s throat wouldn’t they.

 

Yujin on the other hand is cursing her senior agent internally for her evil thoughts. Why am I the only sensible person here! I should be paid more. I should be promoted- Her thoughts get interrupted when Eunbi speaks.

 

“Yujin, help Yena with it. I’ll be here so don’t worry.” Eunbi says nonchalantly, not directly addressing what she’s here for.

 

With Eunbi’s direct order, Yujin can’t object. She glares at Yena’s triumphant expression as they both head out, leaving Sakura and Eunbi alone in the room. Eunbi decides to break the ice as she’s the older one. “Have you thought about what you are going to wear for the gala dinner?”

 

Shocked at the unexpected question, Sakura fiddles with her shorts before she answers. “Not yet but Minjoo gave me some ideas just now.”

 

“It’s nice that you and Minjoo hung out. She’s a nice kid.”

 

“She is, isn’t she.” Sakura mumbles. Purposely making conversations is becoming painfully obvious and Sakura is afraid she can’t wait for Yujin to be back. Moreover, after a long day starting with an unrested brain, Sakura craves to be alone… and away from the agent… right?

 

"I should go back to my room. Can you tell Yujin for me? It should be fine to go by myself. It's the mansion after all." Sakura tries to mimic what she learnt from Minjoo just now because she knows Eunbi is a stickler for rules that's how their 'relationship' was formed anyways.

 

No surprise at the person who schemed her whole ouster, Eunbi knows she has to comply. From the Captain's POV, there's also no reason to say no. She makes her way over to the exit and calls the base agent outside.

 

"Agent."

 

The base agent hurries over to Eunbi. "Yes, Captain?"

 

“Cherry wishes to go back to her room.”

 

“Roger.”

 

Eunbi turns to Sakura. “I’ll pass the message to Yujin. You can head back if you like.”

 

Sakura is surprised it is that easy. She makes her way past Eunbi and is about to head off but her head is telling her she needs to do something. Sakura is hesitant but she does it anyways.

 

“Thanks.” A quick glance and Sakura heads on her way.

 

Eunbi nods her head at the departing back. Why is she behaving so out of character these days.

 

--

 

“Minjoo?”

 

Minjoo turns to the direction of the voice and her eyes relaxes at the familiar person. A nicely suited gentleman in his mid forties walks into her room while Minjoo is getting herself ready for school. “Myunghoon Oppa! Did you-”

 

“Of course.” He reaches from inside his suit to pull out two pieces of paper. The said ‘oppa’ hands them over Minjoo who takes them gleefully in her hand. “Why so secretive though?” He asks.

 

“That’s because I am on a secret mission!” The thought of Minjoo’s ‘mission’ is making her excited as she keeps them safely into her bag. “Thank you oppa. I know I can count on you for things like that.”

 

“Well you know it’s basically my job right Minjoo? As the butler in the Kim Mansion.” He can’t help but chuckle at the girl’s obviousness. He would run such errands for her even without the thanks and politeness - the Kim Family is definitely the best hosts he has served which is why he is still working here, just passing the 10 years mark.

 

She pouts at his remark so he gently pats Minjoo’s crown, not wanting to ruin her nicely combed hair. “Job or not, I will still do anything for you, Princess.”

 

Minjoo can only cower in her embarrassment thanks to his tease. “I’ll leave you to it. Enjoy your day in school.” He bows before he exits the room.

 

Minjoo continues with the last check of her appearance in the full length mirror and a smile cannot stop creeping up her face. Her mission? Setting Hitomi and Chaewon up.


 

Hitomi and Minjoo settles on their usual bench to have their lunch. Hitomi’s mother insists on getting Minjoo some of her food so today Hitomi brought extra for Minjoo. They begin devouring satisfactorily over the goodies and chatting about random topics which made it ideal for Minjoo to execute her plan.

 

“The new anime from Makoto Shinkai is out in theatres already do you know that!”

 

“Of course! My favourite director since he made ‘5 centimetres per second’ and ‘Your name’. I am so excited to watch ‘Weathering with you’! When should we catch it Minjoo?” They are best friends for a reason because they do many things together. Therefore naturally, Minjoo is her go-to companion to catch a movie.

Minjoo pulls out the two tickets out from her blazer pocket. “Look what I got!”

 

Hitomi’s eyes widen and immediately takes them from Minjoo. “You are the best Minjoo!”

 

“But Hitomi…” Minjoo is getting excited. “I can’t go with you.”

 

Hitomi’s happiness disappears immediately as her brows droop by its edges. “Why not? Then how did these tickets?”

 

“Because…” Minjoo turns to her agents who were standing away from them. She calls them over.

 

Something clicks in Hitomi’s head when she sees what Minjoo is doing. Don’t tell me… She watches as Chaewon walks over with Yena and Hitomi frantically stares at Minjoo. Minjoo only responds with a bright smile on her face.

 

“Chaewon unnie, do you have anything on this date?” Minjoo points to the ticket while unabashedly asking her team leader. Meanwhile, Hitomi is withering away once she puts the pieces together - Minjoo is going to get Chaewon with her to the movies!

 

The said agent shakes her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter