Act One

Scene One
Please log in to read the full chapter

[Act one, of futile efforts and unspoken confessions.]
 

"Don't you find this unfair? I tried so ing hard. I spent so many years just to get here, to be able to hear out your concerns, to become someone you can rely on. I spent so much time, I ended up ignoring my own feelings because it meant I'd be closer to you, because it meant you wouldn't be alone anymore." Seated on the bleachers, Minjeong finds herself crying for her younger self, her younger self that spent so much trying to befriend one Yu Jimin.

 

Her younger self that fell in love with said girl, her heart refusing to move on when it should've.

 

The older girl had nothing to say either, there was nothing to refute, nothing to say. Jimin herself knew how frustrating it had to be for the younger of the two. Jimin herself knew how much she had made Minjeong go through.

 

" And now you're telling me, you love him? No, not that you love him. You're showing me this, and for what? You've treated me as if I didn't exist for the past few weeks, suddenly brought me here all to show me that you love him?? Why can't you say something!? ANYTHING! Stop sitting there and looking at me!" A punch thrown at the older girls shoulder, Minjeong finds herself choking on air, coughing to clear her lungs.

 

 Silence, nothing but silence from the older girl, the younger would bite her lip, feeling anger and unjust building within her.

 

" I'm begging, just say something. Just tell me why you brought me here, unnie, please." Pleading with the older girl, Minjeong finds her heart going numb seeing the lack of any expression on Jimin's face.

 

Giving up, drained and tired, Minjeong turns to stand up from the bleachers, walking down the side.

 

"Minjeong." A pause in her steps, hesitance. 

 

Minjeong wasn't a fool, it's why she'd tried everything to move on from the older girl a year ago, six months ago, it finally worked.

 

Minjeong isn't a fool, it's why she continued walking back to her car, refusing to look back at Jimin. She wasn't a fool for her anymore.

 

 

 

 

" It's not that I'm in love with him, you...you helped me recover and be able to trust people again. I wanted to show that to you." Stopping in her tracks and turning around, Minjeong laughs bitterly to herself.

 

"Congratulations, Jimin-s

Please log in to read the full chapter