Scene Ten

Scene One
Please log in to read the full chapter

Scene Ten: of silence. [Tw: unless you read the ending ending, main character death. If you enjoy making your own endings, feel free to skip the ending.]

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

Have a good read~

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

"Minjeong, what's wrong?" A blank expression, slowed movement, of eyes that daze off, as if into distance.

"Min?" The girl in question only turns around, walking back to the bed after unlocking her bedroom door for the older woman.

"Minjeong, did something happen?" Silence, the girl only lays down on her side, staring at the slight gap in the curtain.

" You can't tell me what's wrong?" Jimin tries walking up to the bed, even crouching down to the same level as the younger woman.

Silence, the girl's eyes don't leave the ray of sunlight infront of her.

Her breathing is slow, quiet, she's slightly curled up into herself, as if trying to make her presence as small as possible.

"Min, are you okay?" The question is dumb, Jimin knows that herself.

But what was she meant to do? Minjeong wasn't responding, her eyes continues to gaze at that gap in the curtain, at the light that shines through, at the sky.

"Should I leave you alone for now?" Nothing comes back.

Silent, unresponsive, and barely conscious.

"Minjeong, what about dinner?" An idea, there's nothing the younger girl loves more than food.

At least, until it doesn't work.

The mention of dinner only causes the girl to blink, before going right back to what she was doing.

Jimin stands up onto her feet, deciding it might be better to leave Minjeong alone. Just for now. She'll get food for the two of them in meantime.

 

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

 

" I'm sorry...I'm sorry." A voice recording plays through the speaker, the owner of the phone surrounded by men in suits.

"I can't. It's...I'm tired." The girl lowers the volume before bringing the phone to her ears, the stares of her clients bringing an unnerving feeling into the pits of her stomach.

"I, I don't feel alive. I don't think I'm meant to be alive, I'm sorry for burdening you these past few days. I'm sorry for not saying anything, I'm sorry for not looking at you." A chill runs down her spine.

" I'm sorry for leaving." The woman bolts out the office room, heart beating out her chest as her breathing haggards.

"I love you, I wish I could see you, I wish I could look into your eyes one last time." Jimin's shoe slips off, not that it matters now.

" I know that if I see you, I won't be able to do it." 

"Because all this while, you've been my reason to stay." 

"And you've done such a great job at making me want to live."

"But the world feels dim now, but my heart seems slow now. But I'm taking up too much space now."

"I love you, unnie."

"I do. Please believe me."

"It's my fault, it was all my fault."

"I took you away from the stage, I took us away from our dreams."

"I shouldn't have fallen for you, I'm sorry."

" I wish you hadn't met me."

" I wish we didn't debut together."

" I wish I could do this all over again, to fix my mistakes."

" I wish I became a soldier instead."

" I wish you loved me."

 

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

 

A call connects through to the two other girls, Jimin screams for them to get back to the dorms.

Aeri was staying closest to the apartment, Jimin prays that at least she would be in time.

She hails down a cab before fumbling over the address, begging the driver to drive faster.

"Oh- Karina, righ-"

"Please. It's an emergency." The driver blinks before driving off, mentally taking note of how ragged and rough the ex idol looked.

The drive is silent save for the sound of the idol biting her nails off, of her heavy breathing that didn't seem to help calm her down.

A notification arrives, another voice note.

Jimin hurriedly unlocks her phone before pressing play. 

She's not late yet.

" Could you do me a favour and give all my items to my parents? I think they'd want something to remember me with, tell them I'm thankful for them supporting me even after they found out the truth. That I'm sorry I've dissapointed them even if they would never say it to me directly."

" I know the delivery fee will be high, I guess I'm burdening you even until the last moment huh? Sorry."

" You might not want it...but I've left my flannel shirts on your bed, you seemed to like them after all."

" You guys can take anything you want, if you...want."

"I'm sorry." The message cuts off, Jimin is ugly crying at this point when the car seems to speed up further, clearly going above the speed limit now.

" Ahjussi-" Jimin wipes her tears before placing a hand on the man's seat, looking forward.

"It's fine. My son loved your songs." The information leaves a wound in the woman's heart.

A part of her blamed Minjeong, she wish she didn't.

Because what's to be ashamed of falling in love?

What's to be ashamed of loving someone whose been there with you from 15, who has stayed?

What was there to be ashamed of?

The woman cries again, unable to put her finger on why she felt this way.

Even if not romantically, she loved her younger members, this girl in particular always held a special place in her heart that wasn't able to ever be replaced by anyone else.

So why did she blame her? 

Was it because she couldn't hide it?

Is that why Minjeong was like this now?

Why?

The car comes to a halt and the siren of an ambulance finally interrupts Jimin's spiral.

"It's fine, please just go." The driver stops the woman from paying, gesturing for the ex idol to hurry and leave.

She runs past the paramedics, calling for the lifts before running up to the fourth floor, the sound of Aeri screaming coming from the apartment.

"MINJEONG!" 

 

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

 

When she's finally in the bedroom of the girl, the sight of pills scattered on the floor and Minjeong on the bed, unresponsive, greets her.

There's a pool of vomit on the floor, some of the pills mixed in, walking closer, the younger girl's fingers and lips had a blue tint to them. 

Jimin looks to the direction Minjeong was facing.

That exact same gap in the curtain, now dark.

"J-Jimin, what do we do?" Footsteps rush into the apartment and the paramedics push past Jimin before surrounding the girl.

The world goes silent, the sight burned into Jimin's mind.

The systematic murmurs from the paramedics seem to snap her back into reality, Jimin glances at Aeri.

" Aeri-ya... it's not real, right?" A buzz from her phone again.

This time, two voice recording loads. The first is 30 minutes long and the second just 15 seconds.

She plays the second.

 

"You always told me to go to a karaoke to sing, but secretly listened well anyway."

" I had a wish come true today."

"I wanted to one day sing all of your favourite songs for you."

"Thanks, Yu Jimin."

"I loved you."

 

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

 

Written ending. 
(Feel free to cliff hanger yourself hehehe)

 

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

First, a letter to no one.(lol)

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

 

Because no matter how much the world sees you as a burden, as a stain, as a sin.

I will love you that much more.

Because I will learn to love you, so much so one day you'll come

Please log in to read the full chapter