Scene Nineteen

Scene One
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I’m gonna serve you exactly what you are! !

 

 

 

“Have you been…well?” Hazel eyes glance upwards, taking a peek at obsidian ones, the older woman looked...disinterested, clearly uncomfortable with her presence.

 

“Minjeong; just give me my cd.” The words are spat out through gritted teeth, venom lacing the name the store clerk has heard every single day, from the voice she’s hoped to hear it from just once more these past few years.

 

“Jimin unnie…can’t we ta-“ She's cut off, the raven so clearly irritated by her attmept at conversation.

 

“Scan my ing items already.” Reluctantly, the green coloured album is scanned, placed into the medium sized paper bag, Minjeong looks back up at the older woman as she raises the bag to hand it over.

 

Hazel eyes glaze over, there's a intuitive feeling in the back of her chest; that this would be the last time she'd ever see the older woman if she leaves the conversation here. That this was her last chance to say goodbye. But I don't want a goodbye.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s just- it was my fault.” The words are almost a whisper, she knows she wants to apologize, she knows it was her fault; but why couldn’t she just say it with her chest?

 

It’s almost as if the air was knocked out of her lungs, the way her fingers trembled, the way she froze, the way the words are caught in , only leaking out due to the sheer intensity of her emotions behind those words.

 

Kim Minjeong sounds like a coward; she is one.
 

Yu Jimin practically snatches the bag from her.

 

“ What, you want to try again? Go back to the start? Have me love you again?” Obsidian eyes are so clearly hostile, yet the hopes of reconciliation itches at the younger woman’s heart.

 

Reconciling, meeting again, loving again. 

 

It's everything she's wanted ever since they'd brokenn up, every she wants right at this moment, savouring the sight of Yu Jimin; even if the raven looks as if she wants nothing but to leave.

 

“I felt the most like myself when I was with you, in this vast world, where I feel as if I have the smallest presence in, where I felt alone…” The record shop was empty, void of any other customers; afterall, it’s only one of many in this big city.

 

It was a miracle the two of them would meet once again, especially here, where they’d first met.

 

“Your arms held me, your words loved me, I won’t make

Please log in to read the full chapter