That Strange Feeling~

Face The Action!

 

Ren's PoV

 

After I dropped Minhyun off at his class, I headed next door to mine. I felt bad for Minhyun since JR didn't really know how to act around him. I don't think people realize that JR is actually incredibly shy and doesn't say half of what hes thinking. So the half that does manage to make it out of his mouth sounds rude. JR has very small confidence in what he says so usually he stands there really quiet which people think is “cool”. JR really looks up to his dad who is bursting with authority, a successful casino owner and lead mobster, so when his mom divorced him for another man he was pretty upset (not that he'd show it to anyone though). As a result of his mom's remarriage, Minhyun became his step-brother.

 

Anyway, today's first period is math, my absolute worst subject. Walking into class 3-B, I saw the familiar face from earlier this morning. I didn't catch his name so I should probably ask now. Approaching him cautiously, I noticed that this guy was sitting alone in the back of the classroom. Strange, I thought he'd be a big social butterfly.

 

Hey” I said confidently

Oh hi, you're the sleeping guy from this morning. It was Ren right?” He replied with a smile

Yeah haha. I didn't catch your name, what is it?”

Baekho. The other guy that was with me is named Aron. Sorry for confusing you for a girl dude” it was blinding how bold his presence was.

Nah it's fine, I get that a lot. But, uh, it's nice to meet you” I replied

 

Yeah, you too” Baekho suddenly leaned closely “Hey, by any chance are you any good at math” he said in a whisper that tickled my ears.

I wouldn't say I'm great, but I know I’ll defiantly get a passing grade this marking period” I said honestly

Oh thank goodness, do you think we could review some of last years stuff today?” He asked earnestly

Uh, yeah I guess. I'm pretty sure our teacher will give us a review tonight for homework.”

Truthfully, I had math first period last year and that teacher hated me so I skipped his class all the time.” Baekho said

Don't worry. We should hang out after school to do it together” I suggested

Awesome, Aron and I are renting an apartment near here so you can come over there.” He answered

Okay” I had just enough time to say before the final bell rang and first period started.

 

Throughout the day, I'd glance over at Baekho who I decided to sit next to. Often times rather than taking notes, he'd be doodling or napping. No wonder he wasn't any good at math, he didn't pay attention. I think it only happened once where Baekho caught me starring at him. I wished I pulled my glance away, but I couldn't. We held a silent stare for a few moments. Both of us captured into each other eyes until the lunch bell rang which snapped both of us back into focus.

 

I'll see you later” I said quickly packing up my stuff.

Oh, where are you going?” Baekho asked

I usually have lunch with JR, so we meet in one of the empty staircases” I replied

You know, both of you can come have lunch with Aron and I on the roof” he suggested

Hm, I'll ask JR. If not, I'll see you after lunch” I smiled as I walked out of the room

 

Wow, that weird moment I had with Baekho just now. Hehe he must think I'm strange for staring at him. I didn't mean to, I just...I don't know. As I turned the corner to where the staircase is, I couldn't help but smile. I have a nervous feeling in my stomach and I can feel my heart beat. I really hope it's just my stomach telling me I'm hungry rather than what I think it is.