Ch. 11

Raising Baby Panda

The air was heavy as Kris walked to his car with the image of Chanyeol kissing Tao still fresh in his memory. Baekhyun had said nothing of that kind of relationship between Chanyeol and Tao. Besides, didn’t Chanyeol raise Tao? Wouldn’t that be like a father and son kissing? Shaking his head he got into his car and headed off to his apartment.

 

Tao was still sulking when Chanyeol came in to see him.

“Tao-ah, Kris left. What have you been doing in here?”

Walking over Chanyeol saw Tao scribbling something at his desk. When he noticed Chanyeol trying to look over his shoulder he covered it with his arm before shoving it into a drawer.

“Yah! Mind your own business. Also why did you kiss me when you knew that Kris was going to be coming over? He’s going to think I’m weird or something.”

Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed, “Since when do you care what Kris thinks about you? I thought you hated him.”

“Well I don’t hate him. I just don’t know him I guess. He seems nice enough. If anyone doesn’t like him it seems like it’s you Hyung. Do you not like Kris?”

“I invited him for dinner and I said we were friends didn’t I?”

“Actions speak louder than words Hyung.”

Chanyeol couldn’t believe that he was getting lectured by someone younger than him. He was about to scold Tao, but held his tongue.

“Ah you’re right! I should be nicer, thanks Tao! Well I’m tired so I’ll get some sleep, you should too, and we have to be into the office early. Goodnight.”

As soon as he closed the door to Tao’s room, his smile melted off of his face. Who did Kris think he was? He had no right to barge into the life that Chanyeol had worked so hard to create. If he hadn’t been forced back into the old building he would have kept Tao away much longer. He knew that Tao remembered Kris from his childhood and that he still cared about him deep down. It wasn’t fair, he had been kind to Tao his entire life, always putting him first and treating him well, but it wasn’t enough. Why wasn’t he good enough? Sadly Chanyeol reflected on himself.

‘I’m forcing Tao to stay with me because I’m a selfish and terrible person.’ He thought to himself. He couldn’t help it. He loved Tao so much and he didn’t want anyone to hurt him. ‘It’s for Tao. If Kris gets his hands on Tao again he’ll just hurt him. I have to protect him.’ He told himself to clear his conscious.

 

Kris arrived at the office earlier than usual. He wanted to make sure that everything was perfect and ready for Tao’s arrival. Although he wanted to punish Chanyeol by piling loads of work on him, he knew that Tao was working under Chanyeol and lots of work for Chanyeol meant lots of work for Tao. He settled on giving him a few simple tasks that were easy, but time consuming. Adjusting the pens and pencils on his desk he tried to look like he was organized, but busy. The office soon filled with people and Kris sat stiff at his desk waiting for Chanyeol and Tao.

Finally the door opened to reveal Chanyeol dressed in a navy blue suit with a silver tie hanging from his neck. His hair was pushed back and he had his glasses on which made him look very professional. Tao was at his side in something less business formal. He wore a simple black suit with the jacket ed, white shirt untucked, and tie hanging loosely down his chest. His ears were filled with silver earrings and he gave off a ‘bad boy’ aura that Kris found very alluring. Chanyeol cleared his throat when he noticed Kris staring, “Do you have our work for us today?” Kris snapped back to reality and pulled out a think folder.

“Yes. Here you are. I started you with a few assignments since it’s your first day back. You will eventually ease back into the harder assignments, but I decided to go easy on you.”

Chanyeol bowed, “Thank you. We will get started right away. When we are finished I will put the folder back on your desk.” Kris nodded and they were dismissed.

The office was kind enough to give Chanyeol his old office back so they headed there. Sitting down Chanyeol began to go over how to handle assignments and Tao listened carefully. They began on a simple construction plan that simply needed to be signed and stamped.

“So what you do first is call because you don’t want to waste time and resources driving over when they aren’t guaranteed to sign it.”

Tao watched as Chanyeol picked up the phone and went into business mode. He coolly and quickly settled on an agreement with the company and hung up.

“Are they going to sign?” Tao asked.

Chanyeol smiled, “Of course they are. I’m pretty good at my job. Now we call someone to pick up the document so it can be signed and delivered.”

Pressing a button on the phone he buzzed for a messenger who arrived quickly and took the paper away.

Flipping through the folder Tao pulled out the next assignment.

“One down only 14 more to go, do we need to get all of these done today?”

Chanyeol nodded, “Yup. Every single one, you’re lucky that Kris went easy on us today. Usually you get about 30 of these and you have to handle them yourself.”

“That sounds hard.” Tao said with a pout.

Ruffling his hair Chanyeol smiled, “Don’t worry I’ll always be there to help you.”

“Thanks! Chanyeol is the best.”

“Don’t you forget it.”

 

Kris worked hard on his own folder. He assigned himself well over the required amount to take his mind off of Chanyeol and Tao who were just offices away. Paging through the documents he realized that he would be at the office well past work hours, but he didn’t mind. He enjoyed his work and found it soothing.

‘I wonder how Tao’s doing. Chanyeol is good at what he does so I’m sure they’re doing fine.’ Tapping his pencil he started to fidget in his seat.

Eventually he got out of his seat and decided to check on the pair. Straightening his seat he opened his office door and stepped outside. His secretary’s eyes widened when Kris emerged from his office. Most days she didn’t even see her boss so she was surprised to see a tall muscular blonde in a white suit stepping out of the forbidden room.

“K-Kris!” she stuttered as she bowed. “Can I get something for you sir?”

“I’m just going to check on the returnee.”

“Please sir! I can send someone to do that!”

“No. I can do it myself thank you.”

She just stared as he put his hands in his pockets and headed off to the office down the hall.

Swallowing, he took a breath before rapping on the door with his knuckles.

The door opened to reveal Tao’s wondrous face.

“Oh Kris. What are you doing here?”

“Kris is here?” Chanyeol’s surprised voice came from further into the room.

Kris cleared his throat, “I just came to see how you two were doing on the assignments.”

He took a breath when Tao smiled widely, “They’re going great! We’re almost done and Chanyeol said that I’m catching on really quickly. Will you ever assign me my own folder?”

“I-if you want me to I can, but it would be a lot of work and I don’t want you to feel stressed.”

“Don’t worry about me, I’m a big boy I can handle it.”

“I’m sure you could.” Kris said with a soft smile and he reached over and put a hand on Tao’s head.

Tao stopped talking and stared up into warm brown eyes. Kris realized what he was doing and coughed, “Well if you’re doing alright I’ll go back. If you need anything I’ll be in my office just come in.”

“Ok Kris will do.” Chanyeol said happy that Kris was leaving.

Kris glanced at Tao one last time before exiting. From his desk, Chanyeol couldn’t help but see the longing expression Tao wore on his face as he watched Kris leave. 

 

Sorry for such a short update with very boring content! I promise that the next update will be much better. Please comment, upvote, and subscribe! The more I see people enjoying the story the more I want to update and write!

Thank you to everyone!

<(^o^)>