Ch. 8

Raising Baby Panda

"I assure you Mr. Wu, I had no idea that Tao would be bullied at our school. All of the students are from good households with respectable families." The headmaster said as he tried to defend himself from Kris' scalding glare.

"I don't care whether you were aware of it or not. All I care about is getting the problem fixed and if you can't get it done, I'll find someone who will." Kris frowned and stood up.

The headmaster also stood up and bowed continuously. "Yes sir, of course sir, please forgive me."

Kris just hummed in response and walked out.

Chanyeol was waiting in the car playing a game on his phone. Kris got in with a sigh and started the engine.

"So how did them meeting with the headmaster go?"

"Fine. We should see some changes starting today."

Chanyeol grinned, "You're such a good daddy."

Kris blushed, "Yah! I'm not Tao's dad! I'm just his caretaker."

"Do you really think that Tao sees you as only his caretaker? Although you guys haven't been together for very long, he really cares about you."

Kris rubbed the back of his neck, "Look, I care about him too, but I wasn't planning on keeping him. He needs a good family who can give him the love and attention that he needs. I work too much and have other things to do."

Chanyeol frowned, "How can you say that?! Tao loves you so much and you just look at him as a temporary project! Do you have other things to do, or better things to do?"

"Watch your mouth! I care about Tao! I enrolled him into a good school, gave him clothes, feed him, and put a roof over his head! In fact all I do is care about what is best for Tao. That's why he needs to go to a real family. With a mom and a dad, maybe even a pet."

Kris started driving, "I didn't have those things growing up and my childhood was awful, I won't force Tao to suffer the way that I did."

Chanyeol put his hand on Kris's, "Kris, you don't need to worry. Eveyone is different, besides, Tao doesn't need you to spend every hour of every day with him to be happy. He just wants you to be in his life."

"That's enough Chanyeol. I've made my decision."

Chanyeol just frowned, "You're making a big mistake" he muttered under his breath.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tao played with his hair. One piece in the front just refused to lay flat. He puffed out a gust of air and his bangs flew in the air.

Kris came out of his bedroom adjusting his tie.

"Is there something wrong?" Kris asked when he saw Tao fussing in the mirror.

Tao pouted, "My hair won't stay down Ge."

Kris walked over and put his hand on top of Tao's head. Gently pushing down he slid his hand down over Tao's eyes.

"And open." Kris said as he pulled his hand back.

The hair was perfectly in place and Tao smiled happily. "Thank you!"

"Now go get ready. Chanyeol is waiting to take you to school."

"Ge isn't coming?"

Kris smiled at Tao, "No, Ge has to go to work. Sorry."

Tao looked down sadly, "What about after school? Will Kris pick Tao up."

Kris grimaced, "Ah no. Sorry. Kris works late tonight and probably won't be back until after bedtime."

Kris felt guilty when he saw the sad look on Tao's face, but ushered him out the door anyway.

Chanyeol knew something bad had happened when he saw the sad little boy dragging his feet as he walked toward the car.

"Is everything ok?"

Tao just shook his head as he got into the seat and buckled his seat belt.

Chanyeol frowned, but decided that it was better to leave Tao alone.

They reached the school and Chanyeol walked around to the other side of the car.

"Tao are you sure you don't want to talk to me about it?"

Tao jumped out of the car and looked up at Chanyeol.

"Gege said that he won't be home until after bedtime because of work."

'Stupid Kris' Chanyeol thought. "Ah yeah. Kris usually works alot. He took some time off so he could help you adjust to a new environment, but he has bills to pay and school is expensive."

"Tao can stop going to school if it means that he can spend more time with Kris."

Chanyeol laughed, "Tao you have to go to school. Maybe the next time that Kris has free time we can go to the zoo or the movies. Does that sound ok?"

"Yes. Sounds good."

Chanyeol waved as Tao walked into school. Frowning, he got back into the car and sped off towrads Kris' office.

Kris was typing away on a new project when his door burst open. Looking up, he saw Chanyeol standing in the doorway.
"Oh Chanyeol, did Tao get to school ok?"

Chanyeol strutted over, "Yes he's fine. However, I have a bone to pick with you. Tao just told me that you were planning on staying in the office until late tonight. Is this going to be a regular thing? Because you can't continue to leave Tao alone for that long."

Kris rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I'm not trying to leave Tao alone, but I have a very important project that I need to finish. Besides, Tao has you."

"I am not Tao's babysitter. Although I love the kid, he is not my responsibility. You need to fix your schedule so you can balance work with life. Do you understand?"

Kris stoodup, "Chanyeol. I am not cut out to be a single parent. I work hard. Work is my life. I'm not just going to stop everything that I've worked for just to care for a little kid that isn't even mine."

Chanyeol jumped up and grabbed Kris by the collar, "You bastard! How can you say that?! Tao is a great kid who deserves a better parent than you!"

Taking a deep breath he continued, "You know what? Forget about it. Stay at work forever if you'd like, but just so you know, don't expect me or Tao to be there."

"You're planning on taking Tao away?! You can't do that!"

"Well I sure as hell aren't going to just sit back and watch as you crush that kids soul. Finish your project. At least I know what's really important to you."

Chanyeol got up and started walking out. Kris ran out from behind his desk and grabbed Chanyeol by the elbow.

"Fine. I'll be home by 7. Meet me there."

Chanyeol just nodded before tearing his arm from Kris' gasp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah hello again! It's been a while.

I apologize for not updating sooner. I would prefer not to provide an explanation.

Please accept updates as my apology!

Please comment, subscribe, and upvote! It really makes my day.

Also add me as a friend!

Thank you!

XOXO