Ch. 4

Raising Baby Panda

Yay! School is cancelled due to cold temperatures! Woohoo! Soooooo since I have nothing more to do besides update... here you go! :D

 

 

Kris knocked three times on the rotten door in front of him. He had finally convinced Tao to take him to his house. He was sure that his father was worried about Tao since he had been staying with Kris for nearly a week now. Tao was nestled deep into Kris's neck clutching onto his shirt for dear life. Kris was about to knock again when the door was roughly yanked open. A man in a dirty wife beater stood in front of him with a bottle of beer held in his hand. He took a swig before acknowledging Kris.

*hic* "Yah who the hell are you?" the man shouted while spitting near Kris's foot. Kris looked down with a disgusted look on his face before clearing his throat and responding.

"Annyong sir. My name is Kris. I found this boy, Tao, on the side of the road. He said that this was his home. Is that correct?" Kris shifted Tao out of his neck so the man could get a good look at him.

"Mwo? Ah you brat! So you've been hiding at this guys house have you? Aish. You realize that I'm going to need to punish you right?" The man reached out and snatched Tao from Kris's grip. He threw him roughly into the house where he hit the wall with a bang.

"Yah! What the hell do you think you're doing!?!" Kris shouted as he lunged for Tao. The man blocked his way and pushed him away.

"I'm his father. He deserves this for running away." Tao was slowly crawling towards Kris reaching towards him with his hand.

"Gege. Please don't let the bad man hurt Tao. Jaebal." Tao cried as tears streamed down his cheeks. His father kicked him farther into the house with his foot.

"Yah! Stop crying you brat!" Tao's head snapped sideways as his father's hand made contact with his cheek. He just lay limpy on the ground.

Kris was fuming mad. Taking a large step forward he grabbed Tao's father's shoulder before swinging his fist around and knocking him to the floor. The man just lay there stunned as Kris shook out of bruised knuckles. Stepping over him he ran to Tao's side.

"Tao. Tao. It's Gege. Are you ok?" Kris asked as he shook Tao gently. Tao weakly looked up and cried out as he jumped into Kris's arms. He clung to him like his life depended on it and just cried silently as Kris walked out of the house.

"Excuse me sir. You are no longer allowed to see Tao. He is staying with me. Permanently." With that Kris shut the door despite the man's protests. Swiftly getting back into the cab he slammed the door shut and commanded the drive to take them home.

Turning his attention to Tao he felt his heart soften at the quivering mass in his arms.

"Tao. It's alright. That bad man is gone forever. I promise." Kris said as he tried to coax Tao out of hiding.

"But Gege said that he would protect Tao from the bad man and he didn't."

"I know. Gege is so sorry. Gege didn't know what Tao's home was like. Can Tao please forgive me?" Tao finally turned his head and wiped his eyes. Pouting he looked up at Kris. Smiling gently Kris Tao's bruised cheek. "Aish. Poor baby panda. We should put some ice on that." Tao winced at the contact, but allowed Kris to continue.

"Gege promises that he will protect Tao forever and that Tao and Gege will remain by each other's sides forever. Arasso?"

Tao looked Kris in the eyes. "Gege promises?"

"Ne Tao. Gege promises." Tao's eyes filled with tears again and he buried his fac einto Kris's neck.

"Aniya. Don't cry Tao." Kris cooed as he Tao's head.

"Duibuqi Gege. Tao will stop crying." Tao croaked as he tried to quiet his sobs.

Gently pulling Tao away from his neck, Kris wiped away Tao's tears with his thumb before kissing his nose gently. Tao smiled at the contact and snuggled into Kris's lap.

"Excuse me sir. We have arrived." The driver said quietly. Kris thanked the driver and payed before getting out of the cab.

Opening the door to his apartment he closed it with a sigh. Tao tugged on Kris's shirt to get his attention. "Gege. What's wrong?"

"Aniya. Nothing Tao. Just tired. How would you like it if tomorrow we go down to the police station and register you under my name?" When Tao just gave Kris a confused look Kris rephrased it. "How would you like to live with Gege forever?" Tao's face lit up and he smiled at Kris while fiercely nodding his head. "Ne! Tao would really like that!"

"Arasso." Kris laughed at Tao's cute response. Remembering Tao's bruised cheek Kris set him down on the couch and went to the kitchen. Getting a cool pack from the freezer he gently placed it against Tao's cheek. Tao leaned away at the contact at first, but after realizing that it numbed the pain he welcomed it.

"Aish my poor baby panda." Kris whispered as he fawned over Tao.

"Gege. Why do you call Tao panda?" Tao asked curiously.

"Ah that's because you look like a panda." Kris responded.

"A panda? how?"

"Because of these." Kris said as he reached down and gently touched Tao's eyebags.

Tao reached up and also touched his eyebags. Kris gently pulled his hand down. "Don't worry. They're cute. Gege likes them."

"If Gege likes them, then Tao likes them." Tao said with a smile. Kris felt his heart swell with love for Tao.