The Usual Morning At Byun Household

It's Not Much, But It's My Family

“Rise and shine, boys!” The door to the children’s room opens with a loud bang and a booming, eager voice echoes through the space. Do Kyungsoo strides over to the window and draws the curtains apart. The blinding sunlight invades the room and softly illuminates the twin-sized bed where two disheveled heads are poking out from under the Pororo blanket. The short man gently shakes the little brothers, who show no signs of waking up from whatever sweet dreams they are having. “Time to get ready for the kindergarten. Wake up!”

“Okay, okay, dad.” The elder brother, Minseok mumbles as his father’s shaking gets slightly harsher. The chubby cheeked boy reluctantly sits up and rubs his eyes sleepily. Then he looks down at his younger brother, who is still snoring and drooling, before scrunching his small nose. “But Sehun is not waking up.”

“I have to prepare breakfast so I’ll leave your brother to you.” Kyungsoo notices Minseok’s mischievous grin before adding, “No more permanent marker on his face or stuffing peanuts into his nose.”

The six years old puffs his cheeks before widening his cat-like, round eyes as an awesome idea strikes him. Minseok hops off the bed and dashes to a toy box to retrieve a nasty zombie mask. “How about this one?”

“Permission granted,” Kyungsoo smoothed down his son’s hair and walks out of the room. Two down, one more to go, Kyungsoo trudges along the corridor as Sehun’s high-pitched scream travels through the house. 

 

“Byun Baekhyun, wake up!” A man with a white T-shirts and a pink boxer fidgets when Kyungsoo slaps his . Byun Baekhyun just groans and rolls over on the bed, already flying away to a dreamland. “Wake up!”

“Thirty more minutes…” Baekhyun mumbles and his husband only could let out a frustrated sigh.

“It’s usually five more minutes, . Kids are waiting for you to come down and eat with them.”

Unwillingly, the older male sits up on the bed and scratches his wild, hurricane-hit head. Then he puckers up his lips and sleepily asks Kyungsoo, “Where is my good morning kiss?”

“Eww, no, not before you wash yourself.” He pushes his husband away before ushering him to the bathroom. “Now, go and get ready.” Kyungsoo watches Baekhyun stumbles a little as he waddles over to freshen up and shakes his head. I swear I have three kids instead of two. 

 

Kyungsoo brought plates filled with fresh made pancakes to the kitchen table where Minseok and Sehun were sitting side by side. Minseok pours some juice into Sehun’s cup, as the latter still looks drowsy. Their younger father takes off his black apron before joining them. “Min, quit stuffing too much at once. Hun-ah, please open at least one eye so that you are putting your spoon into your mouth, not nose.”

“But I don't have anything in my mouth yet!” The older brother exclaims, offended. 

“Oops, sorry,” Kyungsoo giggles as he pinches his son’s chubby, dumpling-like cheek. His other son seems to be oblivious to his surrounding as he tries to pry open his eye with his fingers. As they start to eat their food, Kyungsoo notices his husband leaning against the wall, observing his little family with a gentle smile.

“Baekhyun, why are you standing there? Hurry and eat your breakfast before it gets cold.”

Baekhyun goes over to his sons and gives them sloppy kisses, which gains him bunch of ‘eww’ and ‘gross’. After few more complaints from the children, he walks over to hug his spouse from behind. “Hah, now I'm all energized.”

“Yeah, yeah, sit down and try not to stain your suit with syrup.” Kyungsoo does his best not to beam like an idiot at his husband’s affection. He should be already used to the sweet words and unnecessary skinships Baekhyun provide him every day, but it is never enough. Kyungsoo could never get tired of his idiotic, but devilishly charming husband, even though he would travel around the world by walking than letting know Baekhyun that he enjoys every little thing the elder does for him.

 

 

 

++

Hello, this is goodnite! 

I can't believe the amount of subscribers even before i post my first chapter! Tnkyu so much, everyone(*´▽`)ノノ now i feel a slight pressure...

Sorry for the long wait and this first chapter might be boring as it is only the beginning but i have so many ideas with this fic and i hope it'll gradually be interesting? Haha

Tnkyu very much again, and please do comment if u feel like. 

P.s. is it appropriate to advertise my other fic here?(〃▽〃)