A Popsicle That Would Change Their Life

It's Not Much, But It's My Family

It must be god sending Kyungsoo a message – to finally assassinate Byun Baekhyun; yep, that must be it. And with what weapon? Aha, that kitchen knife he purchased a few days ago would be the perfect fit. That thing could even slice a wooden board into a half – a hundred percent proved by the salesman – no problem for mincing his boyfriend into a million pieces. Should he bury him or forget the knife and just burn him alive? …Never mind, as long as that dimwit can be forced to travel the underworld and meet Hades, he would be satisfied.

“Honey, I'm hooooome!” Baekhyun’s happy-go-lucky voice from the front door did nothing to sooth Kyungsoo’s irritation, if not made worse. He stomps toward where the guy is while holding onto the object that caused all this chaos of emotions. Then he snatches a blue umbrella before attacking Baekhyun with it.

“I’M GONNA MURDER YOU, BYUN BAEKHYUN!”

“What – wait, aw, Soo-yah, ouch!” The elder doesn't have enough time to react or defense himself as the first hit lands on his head. “Hold on, please, Kyung – put that thing down first! Ouch, baby – PLEASE PUT IT DOWN!” He struggles to catch the lethal weapon with a great difficulty (his small lover has an American football player’s strength that doesn't suit his non-football player-like appearance…especially his shoulders) and when he finally does it, he throws away the umbrella far away so that it won’t threaten his life again. Then Baekhyun grabs Kyungsoo’s hands that still try to hurt him brutally, but the younger keeps struggling to pull some of his hair out. “Right, now let’s calm down and talk like civilized human beings.”

“Calm down?” He huffs angrily as he glares at Baekhyun incredulously. “Can you still tell me to calm down even after seeing this?” He asks fiercely as he waves the white object in his hand around violently.

“What is that?” Baekhyun squints his eyes to see the blurry object in Kyungsoo’s hand. “Is that a popsicle?”

“IS THIS ‘REPLY 1997’, YOU !?” The smaller male explodes and wriggles out of his hold before throwing the thing at the other’s face. “It’s a pregnancy test, you hippo’s face!”

Wow, his boyfriend sure has a wide variety of vocabularies – wait, wait a minute, what did he just say? “…Come again?”

“Oh my god, I really hate it when you say that,” Kyungsoo massages his temple to subdue the upcoming headache and points at the test lying on the floor. “Just pick that up.”

Baekhyun crouches down nervously, still afraid that Kyungsoo might assault him again, and picks up the item. His face filled with astonishment as he realizes what it is and gets up instantly to face his younger lover. “I-is this possibly…?”

“Yes, glad you got it.” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at him. I always told you to think and act with your head, not your .

“But I'm not sure what is the result…” He scowls at the test as he tries to decipher it. “What are these lines mean?”

“Do you really think I would try to terminate you even if I was not pregnant?”

“No! It’s just that – ” he freezes for a second before something finally clicked in his head, leading him to beam brighter than the summer sunshine and pulls the other into a breath-stopping embrace. “Kyungsoo-yah!”

Baekhyun showers Kyungsoo with sloppy kisses and words of love and appreciation, not giving a single care about protests coming from his cute boyfriend.

“Stop, stop it!” The younger forcefully peels away the overly excited puppy and wipes the saliva off his face. “Why do I feel like I knew you would behave like this...”

The slightly taller male giggles at that as he stares at Kyungsoo lovingly. “I could run around the city and express how happy I am with my whole body, or to you exclusively.”

Kyungsoo blushes faintly at the sly innuendo before lowering his gaze to the floor and mumbling, “so?”

“So what?”

He rolls his eyes again at Baekhyun and opens his mouth reluctantly. “Aren’t you going to…you know, like propose?”

His older lover blinks his eyes several times before speaking unexpected words. “But I don't have any intention to ask you to marry me,”

“Excuse me?” Kyungsoo cries out in an offended manner. “You son of a bastard, are you possibly trying to escape from the responsibility and abandon me?”

“No!” Baekhyun denies hastily before he can get any wrong idea. “No, no, no, Kyungsoo, I would never do, no, even think about letting you go. I can never escape from you, fortunately.” Then he cups his face with warm hands and stares into the two round, adorable eyes. “And you will never be able to escape from me, unfortunately.”

“Then why?” The younger tries not to lift his lips upward at Baekhyun’s possessiveness. “Isn’t this a perfect opportunity for you to ask me to stuck forever with you?”

The elder gives a light chuckle, “I guess it really is, but I don't want you being pregnant to be the only reason for me to propose you.” He caresses Kyungsoo’s cheek softly as he goes on. “Marrying you was my dream since I saw you for the first time and creating a family with you was what I always had in my mind through our relationship. It would be not a lie to say that I didn't expect for us to have a child before our marriage but it doesn't mean that I’m less happy about it.” A lone tear makes its way on Kyungsoo’s cheek, Baekhyun’s words taking away all the worries and doubts from him. “The moment I’m going to ask you to be my spouse will be a big surprise for you, so look forward to it.”

“It’s no longer a surprise now.”

“And when our kid asks how I proposed you, I don't want to answer it was when I found out I knocked you up.” He continues, ignoring the other’s point, as he feels his chest warming up with never-ending joy.

“Stupid.”

“I'm your stupid.”

“Go to hell.”

“I love you.”

“I hate you.”

“I love you more.”

 

 

 

“By the way, you do know that you have to inform this to my brother, right?”

“…O-of course…h-haha…ha…” , I’m officially, truly, undeniably, dead.

 

 

 

++

Hello, this is goodnite~ how is your day going? Good?

I practically turned into a chicken when I was writing this…why is Baekhyun so cheesy? But I'm the one portraying him so maybe I'm the real cornball…

And I'm preparing a new story of baeksoo and it’s going to be angst. I'm pretty worried of writing a sad, serious (not really, cus I'm never a serious person) story because it's going to be the first time for me and I'm not ‘oh-my-god-Jack-died-I’m-gonna-cry-for-the-rest-of-my-life’ type of person. But I promise I’ll try my best, so can i ask you guys for support?

Tnkyu so much for upvoting, subscribing, and leaving awesome comments!

P.S. Is there anyone got the popsicle reference?