Will thee...?

It's Not Much, But It's My Family

I, Byun Baekhyun, am writing this will as I feel an approach of a shadow of death. I still have many things to be done and many things I want to accomplish, but if my death is a God’s plan, I have no right to resist. Therefore, I hereby have decided to leave my last words to my most precious person.

Kyungsoo-yah, my dear, Kyungsoo. I just want to simply say, I love you so much. So much that the mere thought of leaving you brings tears to my eyes. You have brought me a happiness that cannot be measured, our little baby, and I thank you so much for that. And before I forget, please do not go through the second shelf from the right of my closet. And somehow if you find something, ‘non-educational’, those are not mine, I swear, they are Chanyeol’s,

 

“Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun flinches and curses as he accidentally smudges the still wet ink.

“What are you doing? Hurry and come out or we’ll be late!” Kyungsoo calls out for his boyfriend again in a hasty manner from outside of the room.

“I’ll be there! Give me, uhh, three more minutes!” He hastily puts his pen down and tidies up his desk before standing up from his seat and walking over to the mirror to fix his suit. After getting satisfied with his looks, he takes a deep breathe and out several times to calm his nerves. When he thinks he has done enough of breathing (he can be a great example for his boyfriend when he is in labor), he dashes to the door before halting in front of a large Buddha statue.

Baekhyun clasps his hands as he prays for a god’s protection from impending danger.

 

**

“Kyungsoo-yah!” The blond male opens the door with an excited cry and gives his younger brother a nice, warm hug. “I missed you so much!”

Kyungsoo chuckles at Luhan’s exaggeration but returns the embrace with an equal enthusiasm. “I missed you too, hyung.”

The elder’s eyes shine with such fondness as he breaks their embrace, still very much ignoring the puppy-looking guy behind the other, and ushers him inside his house. “Well, come in!”

“Umm, Luhan-sshi – ” Baekhyun finally squeaks out.

Luhan turns his face around and throws a nasty glare at him. “Oh, you.

And the door was shut in his face.

 

Kyungsoo gives an anxious glance at the fidgeting boyfriend next to him as they sit in his brother’s living room. The couch makes a squeaking noise every time Baekhyun squirms around nervously. Just calm down, he tries to send the message through his eyes but the other is too nervous to care. Then his brother appears with two cups of coffee, which he declines politely but he still puts in front of him.

“So,” Luhan takes a seat in front of them and sips his coffee, “what made you come visit me?”

His brother bites his lower lip in uneasiness, “I, well, we have a very important announcement.”

“An important announcement?” He raises his eyebrow, “surely you are not pregnant or something, right? Because if that’s the case, I’ll make sure your boyfriend won’t see another daylight.” Then he laughs at his own joke, not realizing their face stiffening at his words.

Baekhyun visibly flinches at the empty threat, knowing fully well that Luhan has a full capability to terminate him. The youngest gives a small puff as he eyes at him before casually saying, “I'm pregnant.”

The blond male spurts his black coffee out as he showers them with his drink and saliva before going into coughing fit. The couple looks at him worriedly, contemplating whether they should pat him on his back or give a cup of water, but he succeeds in composing himself. “I'm sorry, I think my hearing ability is not as good as when I was younger.”

But what he hears is the same as before but more in detail. “I'm pregnant with Baekhyun’s child.”

Baekhyun swallows thickly as he observes the eldest one’s expression timidly. However, Luhan is surprisingly calm this time as he asks, “Are you guys already engaged?”

“Well,” the hazel-haired man tries to answer but Kyungsoo beats him to it.

“No,” he says indifferently, “Baekhyun refused to ask me for a marriage.”

Even though they had no ill meaning, Baekhyun pales at his boyfriend’s words. Luhan keeps a stiff smile on his face as a thick silence flows around the room. “Wait a minute, please.” With that, he stands up from the chair before leaving the room.

The couple waits for him anxiously and when he comes back, their eyes almost fall out of their sockets as they see him holding a tennis racket. I thought he plays soccer, not a goddamn tennis! Baekhyun thinks bitterly as he tries not to imagine what horrible things can be done with that racket. Well, good thing that he already wrote a will. But his thought is shortly interrupted by a swing that would have made a hole in his head if he didn't dodge in time.

“Hyung!” Kyungsoo shrieks in shock.

“Woah!” Baekhyun springs up from the couch as he holds out his hands in front of him. “Please, Luhan-sshi, put that thing down and let’s talk like a civilized man!”

But Luhan flings the racket once more at his head, trying not to hit his brother. “Are you possibly trying to escape from the responsibility?”

“NO!” He shouts back as he tries to explain, feeling some kind of a déjà vu. “Of course not! I would never – ”

“Then what the hell is your problem!?”

“I – ” Baekhyun stutters in fear, “Please calm down and let me explain,”

“I will only calm the ing down when you promise to marry my brother right in front of my eyes!” Luhan shouts angrily, “NOW!”

“But I – ”

“Propose to him right now!”

Baekhyun turns around and screams at Kyungsoo as he senses his life is in danger. “Will you marry me!?”

“DO IT PROPERLY!”

He quickly drops on his knee as he tries once more. “Do Kyungsoo, will thee accept mine proposal for marriage?”

 

“Idiot.”

 

**

“And that’s how I proposed to your dad.”

Baekhyun finishes his story (although he slyly changed the part about Kyungsoo already being pregnant with Minseok) as he lies down with his boys on their bed.

“Then…” Minseok scrunch up his nose cutely in concentration, “does this mean you wouldn't have married dad if Uncle Lu didn't make you?”

“No,” he scowls at the innocent question, “that’s not true, because I always wanted to marry your dad even before I knew you were – ” then he stops as he remembers it’s little too early to inform them about ‘knocked-up’ part.

Sehun yawns sleepily as he snuggles into his father. “I still think Uncle Lu is the best.”

“Me too,” Minseok is already closing his eyes, “you are a cawward.”

 

You wouldn't say that if you knew how Luhan hyung behaves when he is mad, Minseok-ah…

 

 

++

Hello, dear readers!

I'm glad that this update didn't take me like half a year, haha.

Thank you very much for subscribing, voting, and leaving nice comments! And I'm very happy that this fic exceeds a ten thousand views! Never thought this story would be loved by so many people, haha.

I'll try to update my other fics as well, so please do cheer for me!