Chapter 13

Can you keep a secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After preparing and exiting the dorms with the members, we settled down at a nearby bench for breakfast. I was about to get food at the buffet table when I heard someone scream and I quickly turned back to see Daeun flustered and running around.

“What’s wrong?” Heejin asked as she ran towards Daeun who seemed like she was on the verge of crying. “I-I… I lost the necklace that Sehun gave me!” She explained and continued running around the place to find it.

“I’ll help you find it!” A couple of guys offered their help immediately and Daeun nodded while she continued searching for it. She actually lost the necklace? Psh, that just shows how much she cherishes it.

I continued to the buffet table when I saw Daeun searching the table meticulously, and even looking into the empty cups to see if she had lost it.

I was about to take a chicken wing from the table when she suddenly shoved my plate, half-filled with food that I’ve taken onto the floor. “Hey! That’s really rude!” I said angrily and glared at her.

“At least I’m not a thief like you.” She said as she ripped my heart necklace off my neck. “I knew you wanted that necklace when we first saw it at the mall, and I bet you were jealous when Sehun gave it to me, so you decided to steal it from me!” She accused and by that time, many people started crowding around us.

“Hey! Watch your words! I did not steal your necklace, that necklace is mine!” I said as I stopped her when she tried to walk away.
“You’re still denying it? Everybody saw Sehun giving it to me, and how could the exact same necklace end up with you just when I lost it?” She said accusingly again and I rolled my eyes.

“Just because it’s the same necklace doesn’t mean I stole it from you. I’ve been wearing it even before you got it from Sehun, you just didn’t notice.” I explained and she just rolled her eyes.

Everyone was looking at us while whispering and pin-pointing but I couldn’t be bothered because I was too concerned with the necklace. I always cherish gifts deeply, especially when it’s from people who are important to me, and Luhan definitely is one of them.   

“Give that necklace back to me!” I screamed and Daeun just laughed. “You’re claiming back something that’s not even yours in the first place? How shameless.” She said and took one step towards me, giving me a hard slap on the cheek. “That’s for stealing my necklace away.” She folded her arms and stood there cockily.

I really wanted to slap her, but in this position, I am a guy, and if I as a guy were to slap her, I would just be garnering more attention. You are just lucky I’m not in the position to slap you!

“If I really wanted to steal your necklace, would I be so stupid to wear it on my neck?” I clenched my fists and held back my anger while Daeun seemed taken aback.

Just then, Luhan ran towards me. “What the hell happened here?!” He exclaimed as he examined the red mark on my cheek. “Are you okay?” He asked worriedly and I nodded while Daeun butted in.

“Jimin stole my necklace and refused to admit it, even claiming it to be his! He was obviously jealous because Sehun gave it to me instead of him when we saw it at the mall that day, what a childish kid!” She shook her head and folded her arms.

“And you slapped him for that?” Luhan asked in fury and this was the first time I’ve seen him so enraged. Luhan had always been a happy person and had a good temper, there was never once I saw him angry all these time I knew him, but right now, he looked really furious.

“What? You don’t think he has done anything wrong?” She asked in confusion and Luhan scoffed.

“Of course he didn’t do anything wrong! Didn’t you know that I gave him that necklace? I don’t know why Sehun bought it too and gave it to you, but I can promise that I gave that necklace to Jimin.” He said and Daeun widened her eyes.

“Y-You d-did? You’re not lying to me just to help him out of this, aren’t you?” Daeun narrowed her eyes and Luhan seemed frustrated. “I’m telling you the truth, so hand that necklace over!” He fumed and Daeun froze in her spot.

“What’s going on here?” Sehun asked as he pushed his way throughout the crowd. “Sehun! I lost the necklace you gave me and Jimin has the exact same one, he stole it from me!” Daeun accused me again, hoping Sehun would help her in this while Sehun widened his eyes. “What?!”

“You have the exact one as him because Luhan gave it to him! I’m sure he didn’t steal yours, you’re probably mistaken.” Sehun said as he analyzed the situation and Daeun bowed her head down in shame.

Suddenly, Heejin ran through the crowd panting, clutching something in her hands. “Here’s your necklace, Daeun! I found it when I was in the bathroom in our room just now!” She said as she revealed the heart necklace on her palm while Daeun blushed red in embarrassment.

“Now you believe me? So can I have my necklace back?” I asked as I narrowed my eyes at her and she handed it to me. “The clasp is broken!” Luhan frowned as he saw the clasp that came off from the necklace. “I’m sorry for breaking the necklace and slapping you.” She muttered. “You should be.” Luhan said coldly. “Forget it.” I said and let Luhan pull me away.

--

Luhan came back with a first-aid kit and sat down beside me, taking out medicine for the slap on my cheek. He didn’t say a single thing and just dabbed the medicated oil on my cheek.

“You don’t have to do this.” I said as he continued dabbing the oil.
“I’m sorry.” He said while I cocked my head to the side.
“What for?” I asked.
“Not being there for you when I said I would always do.” He sighed again while I chuckled and knocked his head lightly.

“Don’t be silly! You did nothing wrong, moreover, you helped me explain things.” I tried cheering him up and he let out a small smile. “You always know the right things to say.” He said as he ruffled my hair.

“At least let me fix this.” He gave a smile as he opened my clutched hands and took the necklace away.  

When we made our way back to the benches, the members were running towards Luhan and I, with Kai clutch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter