Chapter 7

Can you keep a secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nightfall after we finished our dinner and we all decided to head back to our room for an early night.

I was tossing and turning in bed because I couldn't get to sleep, while Luhan was still up reading a book. 

"What's wrong?" He asked as he put down his book and took off the reading glasses.
"I just... can't sleep." I said.
 "It’s getting late and you should rest, we had a long day today." He said and let out a smile while I nodded. 

He switched off the light and I tried to make as little noise as possible as I tossed and turned again. 
"I must have slept too much on the plane." I mumbled to myself. I turned over to look at Luhan and he was already sleeping with his mouth wide open. 

Suddenly, I saw a flash of lightning pass through the tiny hole in the curtains, and then came a slight sound of thunder.

Uh-oh, thunderstorm approaching.

I quickly covered myself with the blanket and snuggled with my bolster, forcing myself to sleep. A couple of minutes seemed to have passed and I gradually loosen my grip on the blanket, getting some air.

Just then, a loud rumble of thunder came and I let out a shriek because I was too shocked. I quickly got out of bed and squeezed myself beside Luhan on his single sized bed.

“Wh-What are you doing?” Luhan said as he opened his eyes slowly.
“I, Uhm…” I stuttered. “Are you okay?” Luhan sat up and asked concernedly. He seemed to be awake as his full attention was on me.

Another loud rumble of thunder was heard and I panicked immediately, grabbing Luhan’s arm in the meantime.
“You’re afraid of thunderstorms?” He asked as he looked down at me and patted my back while I nodded slightly.

“I know this sounds weird but… can I sleep with you tonight?” I asked timidly. It was definitely my first times sleeping with a guy apart from Jimin but my fear of thunderstorms is more important. During thunderstorms, I would always have Laura beside me or even Jimin when we were still rooming together, so I had never really worry about it. However, this time, it’s Luhan.

“Sure, if you don’t mind the squeezy bed.” Luhan agreed instantly.

I lay down carefully on the single sized bed with Luhan lying beside me. “I’m so sorry for disturbing your sleep.”

“No worries, I might sleep better with you by my side.”

I held his arm gently and tried to fall asleep with the raging thunderstorm outside. Thank you, Luhan, I feel so much safer now.

--

The shrill alarm sound woke me up and I quickly reached my hand out to turn it off as I didn’t want to wake Luhan up. He had lesser sleep due to the space I had taken up last night and he probably didn’t have a comfortable sleep because of that.

I gently pushed away the hand that was on my waist and went to freshen up before he wakes up. When I exited the washroom, he was already sitting up on the bed.

“Had a good sleep?” He asked while smiling.
“I did, thank you so much for last night. It’s a bad habit that I really need to change, you know, squeezing in with my roommate during thunderstorms.” I said guiltily
“I’m always here for you.” He stood up from the bed and walked to the washroom to freshen up.

After breakfast, we roamed around the area for few hours and I honestly didn’t want to leave. Going back meant that the whole routine had to be repeated again, and studying would be extra tough this time because I had a couple of tests coming up.

“I’m going to miss this place.” I said softly and Chen chuckled. “We’ll come back here soon.”

A couple of hours later, we were back in Seoul and heading back to our dorms.

“Practice starts at 3pm tomorrow for those who have school and those who doesn’t have, practice starts at 8am.” The manager announced and everyone groaned.

“You guys had your fun the past few days; it’s time to get back to work.”

--

I took out my English book and put it on the table before lying on it again.

“Kim Jimin, wake up!” The teacher shouted suddenly and I turned to see the entire class standing to greet, with Kai standing beside me and holding back his chuckle.
“Sorry!” I hid my face and slapped Kai’s arm secretly while I could hear chuckles from the pair in front.

Throughout the entire English lesson, I tried very hard to concentrate while Sehun and Daeun were talking and whispering in front of me all the time. It took every ounce of my self-control to hold back from shouting at them to shut up.

“We’ll have a mini test for all the topics covered for the past few weeks this two days later, I hope you will be prepared by then.” The teacher announced when the bell rang.

“! I know nothing about English. Daeun, could you help me?” Sehun turned to Daeun and looked at him with puppy eyes.

“Sorry Sehun, I’m really bad at English myself, but we could study together though!” Daeun offered and Sehun immediately nodded.

“Jimin, do you mind tutoring me for the test? I really need to ace this to pass this subject.” Kai turned to me and asked while the pair in front turned back and looked at me.

“Sure! I’ll help you after we’re done with practice.” I smiled and he gave me a bro fist.

“Hah, I bet you’re nowhere better than us in English.” Sehun mocked and Daeun let out a chuckle.
“Actually, Jimin lived in California for a year after high school ended.” Kai said and I rolled my eyes at them while walking away with him to find the rest at the canteen.

“Over here!” Chanyeol called out as Kai and I entered the canteen and I could see a couple of girls at the table, handing letters and gifts to Luhan and Tao.

“Someone’s getting popular~” I teased as I settled in the seat beside Tao when the two girls left.
“What can I say, the charismatic Tao never fails to attract.” He shrugged and let out a smirk while all of us laughed.

“Where’s Sehun?” Luhan asked while Kai and I just shrugged. “Probably with Daeun.”
“And he tells me they are just friends.” Tao rolled his eyes and took a sip of his strawberry milk.

--

“And… we’re done for the day!” The choreographer announced as we practiced the dance for the 30th time that night. We had been practicing since school ended and it was already 12am by the time we finished.

“I’m going to Daeun’s house.” Sehun announced when we were in the car and Suho let out a frown. “Again?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter