Chapter 18

Can you keep a secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up instantly when my alarm rang, and when I exited the room, the doorbell rang.

It was 6am, who could be so early?

I dragged myself to the door and swung it open, revealing two people whom I haven’t seen for the longest time.

“Baby girl!!!!” Alfred screamed as he took me into a bone-crashing hug before I could react while Laura came to us and hugged us even tighter.

When we separated from the hug, it took me a good 3 seconds to recover from the shock, and I let out a megawatt smile.

“I can’t believe you guys are finally here!” I gushed and took both of them into another hug again. We spun around at the entrance when Laura suddenly stopped.

I heard a loud cough and turned back, only to see the members standing behind me, curiously looking at us in their pajamas.

“Who are they?” Baekhyun broke the silence. “My best friends from California.” I said excitedly as I slung my arms around both of them.

“We’re really sorry to intrude; it’s just that we were too excited to see Jimin, so we asked the driver to send us here instead of the hotel.” Alfred explained and the members nodded in understanding as they glanced at their luggage placed at the side of the entrance.

“Come in! I’ll make coffee for you guys.” I said as I gestured to the sofa while they nodded their heads.
“I want-“ “Coffee with two bags of sugar and a packet of milk, yes, I do know that, Alfred Lee.” I teased and rolled my eyes as I sauntered to the kitchen, leaving them with the members in the living room.

I noticed the awkward aura in the living room as 12 pairs of eyes peered at Alfred and Laura curiously. I sped up the coffee making process.

The two cups of coffee landed on the table with a loud clink, it wasn’t usually that loud, but it was due to the silence.

“So… Shall we start with introductions?” I looked around and saw a few heads nodding.

“This is Alfred and Laura, they were my best friends back in California.” I explained and the members nodded. I noticed Kris stealing glances at Laura, and I let out a small smirk.

They all exchanged introductions and everybody seemed happy to know each other. First impressions, checked.

“How long are you guys staying for?” I asked and they let out a grin. “We’re staying here for at least a couple of months; school doesn’t start till next year!” Laura said excitedly and I was giddy with happiness.

“Are you serious?!” I widened my eyes in shock. “Yeah, we wanted to visit our family as well, haven’t been back for years.” Alfred said as he put his arms over his head and leaned back onto the seat.

We talked for a while more, and when we realized the time, all of us scrambled to our rooms to get ready for the show later on.

Laura and Alfred had decided to grab breakfast and I would see them at the show later on, I was psyched, and them being there definitely made me even more excited.

We did one last rehearsal at SM and headed to the broadcast station to prepare. It was so surreal being there. The guys and I were amazed by almost every little thing in the building, the surroundings, the cameras, the stage, the lights, everything.

“I can’t believe we’re finally here!” Luhan exclaimed as he put one hand around my shoulder while I nodded excitedly. “Me too.” I whispered.

It may not be my dream or my place to be here, it should be Jimin, but I did always imagined being under the spotlight, doing what I love.

That reminds me, Jimin!

I whipped out my phone and dialed his number immediately. It was midnight in California but I couldn’t care less, Jimin has to see this.

I waited for a few rings before he finally picked up. “Yah Kim Jihyun, you better have a damn good reason for waking me up from my sleep, its freaking 3am here!” He shrieked once he picked up the phone while I let out a chuckle as I saw his sleepy and annoyed face through the screen since we were having a video call.

“I think my debut show is a pretty damn good reason to wake you up from your sleep.” I teased and I saw his eyes widening immediately.

“You what?!” He straightened himself on his bed and flicked on the night lamp before focusing his attention on the screen. “I’m going on stage in approximately 15 minutes. You’re debuting, Jimin.” I said and I could see his eyes glistening with tears.

“I’m gonna ask Mum to hold onto the phone while I perform, okay? I want you to witness this moment.” I let out a smile while he nodded quickly. “Thank you, Jihyun.” He said sincerely and this time, it was my turn to let the tears run down.

“Anything for you.”

I rushed out to find my family sitting on the seats alongside Alfred and Laura, meanwhile gaining some attention from the audience as they peered curiously at me.

“Mum, hold onto the phone, Jimin’s on video!” I said excitedly and she nodded as she took the phone from me quickly. “Film me while I’m on stage, I want Jimin to witness this moment.” I said while the rest of them around me let out a small smile, with Jihyuk patting my head.

“Good luck!” Everyone wished me as they gave me a bear hug. I could tell Jimin was conversing with my family since it had been a while since they chatted, so I headed back to the dressing room to prepare before anyone noticed I was gone.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter