Chapter 14

Can you keep a secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

“Two weeks more! And we can finally stand on the stage we’ve been dreaming of for so long!” Chen encouraged as most of us lay dead beat on the floor. We had received news we were going to promote as 13 members for the first few weeks before we split for separate promotions.

“Jimin, the CEO asked you to go to his office.” Hyorin said as she walked into the room while the members stared at me with wide eyes.
“Why did he call Jimin in?” Suho asked in worry while Hyorin shrugged. “I don’t know, he just said he needed to talk to him about something.”

“Don’t tell me he’s going to be kicked out!” Kai shrieked as he ran over to me and hugged me tightly while I laughed. “It’s probably just a talk, don’t worry about it.”

“Haven’t you heard? Whenever you’re being called into the CEO’s room, you’re either going to debut or going to be dropped. Since you’ve received news about your debut…” Chanyeol drifted off while I froze. Did I do something wrong? I can’t cost Jimin his chance!

On my way to the CEO’s room, I dreaded each step and dragged myself to the CEO’s room, a hundred reasons running through my mind as I thought of what I could’ve been called in for.

“Come in.” The CEO said when I knocked onto the door. “You may go back now.” He said to his secretary and she gave me a small smile when she passed me.

“Sit down.” He offered and I took my seat gingerly. “You seem pretty tense.” He chuckled while I nodded. “Did I do something wrong?” I asked anxiously while he shook his head. “I just wanted to check up on how you’re doing.”

I instantly heaved a sigh of relief. “I thought you were going to drop me from the group.”

“If I wanted to drop you, I wouldn’t have agreed to this crazy plan of you acting as Jimin.” He explained. “I hope you didn’t regret your decision.” I smiled while he shook his head. “I definitely did not; you’re as good as him.”

“I hope you are getting along well with the rest of the members, preparing for your debut.” He said while I nodded. “I’m just really nervous though, I mean, I’ll be putting out myself into the outside world and the risk of someone finding out I’m a girl is so high.”

“I’m certain you’ll do very well.” He encouraged while I chuckled. “I certainly hope I will too. I don’t deserve to stand on this stage; it’s Jimin who should be here now.” I said sadly as I thought of my brother who was recuperating in California.

“Jihyun, you’re one of the strongest girl I’ve ever met, and this is coming from a very influential person in the industry.” He smiled while I let out a giggle as I hear him complimenting himself. “Thank you so much, CEO-nim.” “Call me Sooman appa.” He corrected me while I nodded. “Thank you Sooman appa.”

“I don’t know how the members will react if they ever find out about this.” I sighed as I thought about how they would probably never talk to me ever again. “They will never find out about this, and if they ever do, you’ll be back in California already!” He joked while I let out a small laugh. 

I stepped out the room with a smile and headed back to the practice room. “I’m ready for this. I’ll be back in California in no time.” I whispered to myself as I touched the friendship bracelet Alfred and Laura gave to me before I left for Korea.

But why did my heart drop a little when I reminded myself I would be going back to California?

SEHUN

Jimin was getting kicked out?! He left the room with a solemn expression and I could tell he was worried.

 “I need a break.” I came out with an excuse and snuck out the room before anyone could stop me. If Jimin was going to be kicked out, I need to stop it.

Why do you care so much? A thought suddenly struck me and I halted my steps. I was about to turn back to the practice room when another thought came. He’s my roommate and my band member, if he leaves, we have to rearrange the choreographies again and it’s going to be tiring. Yes, that’s the reason.  

I hurriedly followed behind him and peeked through the small hole that the secretary who just passed me left ajar, thankfully.

I looked through the small hole and heard the CEO talking to Jimin.

What the hell did I just hear?

JIMIN.IS.A.GIRL.

I widened my eyes in horror and stood rooted at my spot as I continued listening.

Jimin’s not even his name, wait, Jimin’s not her name, her name is Jihyun.

That explained why she didn’t take out her shirt when we are Jeju Island; that explained why she liked heart necklaces; that explained why she said I didn’t know a lot of things about her.

She was right.

At this moment, I felt like I didn’t know who Jimin was at all.

The worst part was I was starting to trust her, and to think the CEO had a part to play in this. I need to tell the guys about this!

She was about to exit the room and I quickly stood to the small corner to hide myself and when I saw her walking back to the practice room, I came out of my hiding spot.

“Oh Sehun, come in now.” A voice filled with authority came from the room and I halted my steps immediately. “Don’t make me repeat myself.”

I took timid steps and opened the door carefully, only to meet with the CEO’s calm face. “I assumed you heard everything.” He said stoically.

“She lied to us.” I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. “I trusted Jimin.”

“Are you getting mad now?” The CEO asked and I kept silent. Was I mad? Apart from mad, I was disappointed, because little did I expect Jimin to be a liar.

“I know you have tons of unanswered questions in your head now, but I hope you won’t tell anyone about this.” He said tactfully while I gulped my anger down.

“Why?” I managed to croak out and he let out a small smile. “I’ll let her explain that to you some day, but just give her a chance, she’s capable of many things, and you know that.”

Yeah, she’s a total pro at lying and being forgetful and clumsy and-

“She turned you into someone who is now capable of love.” He interrupted my thoughts and my head shot up to look at him.

“Love was never in my dictionary, I never needed it.” I scoffed as I thought about the times I grew up in a family without love. My parents were always too busy working and I was left in the big mansion with the housekeepers and my grandmother who I cherished so dearly.

She was the only one, who could fill the void in my heart by showering me with care and concern. Now that I was apart from her since I was basically practicing and studying every day, I actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter