One

Limee Academy

"Sora.. I.." 

You looked at Kai. He seemed upset. "What does he want to talk about?"

"I'm so sorry for what I did to you, not believing and even accusing you without any real evidence." 

You bit your lip. His action that day really hurt you. 

"I don't know why I did it, I know that I should have believed you, I know you didn't do it." 

You waited for him to continue. "Was he... at the café?" 

Kai bit his big lower lip. "I'm so ashamed of myself for not standing up for you at..." 

You didn't want to hear it. You didn't want to know, you didn't want to know if he was there..

".. the café." 

You felt your heart drop. "So he.... was there?" You blinked a few times not wanting to believe it. Maybe your ears had played you a prank and you heard wrong. But your eyes started to burn and you knew that, it was true.

"Sora..." Kai approached you and reduced the space between you two. 

He looked at you with deep caring eyes that nearly took your breath away.

"I love you." 

You stopped breathing and a tear ran down your cheek.

Your lip started to shake. "Those words..." 

"I'll love you more than anyone, I'll treat you better than anyone and this time, I'll promise to not leave your side. So please, choose me." 

You were crying. You never expected him to confess like this. 

He put his hands on both of your sides, locking you against the wall.

"Why aren't you talking? Please speak.." He pleaded.

Tears streamed down your face. You didn't know what to say, you were so confused. 

"I'll kiss you." 

Your eyes widened. 

Kai looked down to you with deep yearning and serious eyes. "I'll kiss you. Push me away if you don't like it or kiss me back."

He started to lean in slowly. 

You didn't know what to do. Kai had helped you for such a long time. He had been so nice and helpful towards you and shown you so much kindness. 

But the question still remained.

"Do I love him?" 

Kai's lips were a few inches from your lips. 


 

L was standing at the parking lot, alone.

He looked up at the sky, it was cloudy and grey. The clouds gathered together into a big grey cloud that seemed to threaten to pour it's heavy tears down.

"I guess that guy is going to confess and she will accept him." He sighed. "You'll always be the source to my strenght to continue this dream and also

my happiness, forever." 

He closed his eyes. 

 


 

"....... why?" 

Your hands were on Kai's chest, pushing him away from you. 

You cried. 

Heavy tears streamed down your face and it seemed to never stop.

Before Kai could kiss you, you pushed him away. 

You didn't dare to look him in the eyes and had your glance directed down.

"I don't know..." You said in a low voice. 

Kai looked at you with devastated eyes. 

You were so confused. You didn't know why you pushed him, Kai away. 

"I love you Sora. So much. I love your kindness, your smile, your strength and the fact that you never give up no matter what obstacle you meet." 

You bit your lip while your tears streamed down your face. 

"But... the reason for me being this strong...." 

Kai waited for you to continue. 

You turned your head up to meet Kai's eyes.

"... Is L." 

Kai's face looked devastated and your heart ached. You could really see the spark in his eyes extinguish.

"You've been so helpful towards me and always so kind. You've helped me through a lot and you don't know how thankful I am. You helped me practice to Mama, you helped me against Eunjae when she accused me. You have always been there to help me pass the obstacles." 

"Then why... why aren't you choosing me?" 

You closed your eyes..

and opened them again. 

"The reason.. to why i'm this strong... is L. He always pushed me to continue when it was hard and then you came and helped me. In the beginning, it was L who had first helped me." 

Kai helped you a lot through the hardships as a trainee but... it was L who told you to face your hardships. "It was L who told me to be strong, keep on training and not give up. I've finally realized it."

Kai's face softened a little. "I wanted to be your knight in shining armor..." 

You didn't understand what he meant. 

He returned to his sad face. "I wasn't the one who saved you that time from that guy who tried to hit you.." 

You froze.

You thought about that time you hugged him and thanked him. That moment was so special to you. You couldn't believe that it wasn't true.

"You seemed so scared and I loved you so much I couldn't help it." 

The tears streamed down your face again. "So it wasn't him.." 

"Why.......

why L?" He asked and looked like he were about to cry. 

It broke your heart to see him like this. 

"I... don't know.." 

Kai reached out his hand and wiped off tears from under your eyes. "It's not you who should be crying but me.." He flashed a small forced smile. 

Then he walked away. 

You watched his back. He seemed to wipe away something from his face with his arm. You prayed that he wasn't crying. "I'm so sorry Kai. Even though you have helped me so much, I still broke your heart. But I can't lie to myself, not now, never more."


 

It took you a time to collect yourself and stop crying. 

And when you felt a little better, you rushed towards where L had walked. 

It started to rain and you felt your clothes and hair getting soaked. But you didn't care. 

You ran the fastest you could until you reached the parking lot. 

L was standing still in the middle and was totally soaked. His back was against you and he seemed to look so sad. 

You made a run towards him and felt your tears burn behind your eyes again. "Please... don't be sad.. please.."

You embraced your arms around L from behind.

He didn't move. 

You heard D.O's voice echo in your head. "I hope as Chanyeol said last time, that you can choose one of the two since there only exists one moon." 

The question that has been so hard to answer has finally become so easy. 

You started to cry again while the rain soaked the both of you, but you embraced your arms around him harder promising yourself to never let go.

In the middle of the rain and your tears you found your lips pull up into a small smile.

"L, you're my one moon."