X

The Ice Has Melted

AUTHOR POV     

Taeyeon got a lot of things to handle today. Even though he already asked Jiyeon to cancel his unimportant appointment, still he got to faced the submission of the design. Since they’re currently in the middle of producing their summer collection so the office condtion is a bit messed up. He need to make sure that their collection for this summer is more better than the previous collection and of course satisfy the customer need. Also they’ve set their new sells target for this season which is more than the last season. Their sales chart always achieve the target, so that’s makes the have to improve their work time by time. They also have to maintained to be the top clothing brand in Korea, or this will make their stock price going down. It look like an easy work, but Taeyeon have a lot of burden to bear. He must ensure market price always meets the requirements of users and he also must keep their clothing to be no 1 brand or be on the top charts every year. Because his company under the family company which is the main company. Beside, there are a lot investor who invest in their company. So if there 1 simple mistake happen, it will make their stock price declined and cause loss to their company.

Taeyeon let a sighed when he thinks about all burden he has to bear. There is a time when Taeyeon feel guilty towards his workers for scolding them. He can’t control his anger sometimes but he also did let his anger out for a reason. It just he became too mad until he didn’t realise that he has exceed the limit. Sunny always remind him to be good to his workers as they were his asset. She’s not the first person told him this thing. Even his family, Yuri and Seohyun told him the same thing. This is why all workers are close to Sunny rather than him. It because Sunny didn’t put any pressure to them. She handled them with calmness. Taeyeon once promise to himself that he’ll try to be more friendly towards his workers and people around him and he is in the process of transforming himself bit by bit. It will take time but he’ll try as best as he can to be better.

While thinking about all those thing, Taeyeon keep doing his work until his office phone “beeping” ((I don’t know how to describe it)). He then presses the button and anwered it.

“Yes, what is it Sunny?”

“Taeng, the new fashion designer have reported. You want to see her now?.” The shorty asked him on the other line.

“No. I’m not in good condition right now. Maybe later. Sorry.”. He replied shortly. He realise that he is not in a good mood now. His anger still smoldering and he thought that the new worker will afraid of him as he want to build a new side of him which is being friendly. He don’t want to ruin their first meeting, so he decided to keep it first. It will be bad to meet the new worker in this kind of condition.

Taeyeon continue his work after talked to Sunny. When suddenly his phone ringing, signed that there is new message. He unlock it and read the message.

Oppa, let’s change our meeting place. Let’s meet at your favorite restaurant.

It from Seohyun. “What’s wrong with this kid?” Taeyeon mumbled. Usually they’ll meet at the cafeteria in her hospital where Seohyun’s worked. She don’t like to wasting her time to drive to other places since she have a lot of appointment with patient. Today’s therapy schedule also weird. Have therapy during lunch hour is rare thing for them. Normally, they’ll do therapy in weekend or when Taeyeon back from work so that Seohyun can spend more her time with him. But today was different. Taeyeon don’t know what makes she changed the places so suddenly.

Alright, see you there kid

Taeyeon reply shortly and put his phone back on the table. But suddenly Taeyeon thought of something. How he’s going to met Seohyun? He don’t have a car right now.

“Aish stupid Kim Taeyeon” He talked to himself as he patted his forehead. He then grabbed his phone back and dial a number. Soon, he heard beep sound signed that he has been connected. The receiver then speak:

“Hey Taeng!” He greeted Taeyeon in cheerful tone. Its Yuri, his bestfriend. Since Yuri owned a car center, He often have spare car for his customer.

“What are you so happy about? Have Jason arrive at your shop?” That is the first question popped in Taeyeon’s mind when Yuri pick up his call.

“Chill Taeng. Now what? I’ve to be grumpy like you now?”

“Shut up Yul. I’m asking you a question just now.”

“Aish I can’t even tease my bestfriend now! Yes, your car have arrived SAFELY few hours ago” Yuri emphasized the word ‘safely’ so that Taeyeon will became ease.

“Did the tow truck driver told you anything?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah he told me that there is a stupid, midget man have called him because he  involved in a morning accident. Oh and not to forget, he’s grumpy and scary” Yuri said and he laughed loudly.

“Yah Kwon Yuri! How dare you said that! Better pulled it back, or I’ll tell your dad that you enter the illegal racing in Vegas 2 weeks ago.” Taeyeon blurted out his secret weapon.

“What the-  Taeng! Don’t you ever dare tell my dad about that!” He asked worriedly.

“Hahahaha I think you should look at your face at the mirror right now Yul! I’m sure you looked like a scared baby!” Taeyeon let an evil laugh, making Yuri annoyed.

“Damn it Kim Taeyeon! Aish you scared me stupid! What do you want?”

“Lend me your spare car Yul. I need to go out meet Seohyun and I need a car to go there. You won’t make  me to take a cab right?” Taeyeon said while maked a puppy eyes as if Yuri can see him.

“Of course not Taeng. Wait there, I‘ll asked my worker to send you a car” Yuri replied and cut off the line.

Its not like Taeyeon didn’t have any other car, he just too lazy to take his other car at his father’s house. He’ll be hear her mother nagging saying that he always drive too fast and so on even though this times its not Taeyeon’s fault. So he decide to take car from Yuri. At least he’ll not heard anyone nagging next to him. Taeyeon then put down his phone and continue doing his work diligently.

2 hours have passed when suddenly Taeyeon’s door being knocked and he was told that the car Yuri send to him has arrived. Right on time, its already lunch time. He rushed out from his room and left the office. He get out from the elevator and walked to the main entrance. He then saw a shining black Maserati.

“Yuri truly know my taste” Taeyeon smiled.

He then get in the car and drive to his favorite restaurant. In 20 minutes driving, Taeyeon just thinking about the girl that hit his car. He remember her eyesmile, the way the girl argue with him, the way she stunned and her face when she feel annoyed towards him. Taeyeon laughing when think about it.

“Will I met her again?” Taeyeon thought by himself.

He then arrive at the restaurant, and parked the car. He parked carefully as he didn’t want the car to have scratched or Yuri will kill him. Done parked the car, he get out from the car and walk to the restaurant when he suddenly saw a familiar figure also walk towards the same way as him. They came from the opposite way.

“Oh Seohyun-ah!” He said.

“Oh hi oppa! What a right time!” She replied.

They then walked together into the restaurant and choose a place to sit. Seohyun choose to sit right side of the restaurant near the window. Taeyeon pulled out the chair for Seohyun to sit. Seohyun just smiled with what Taeyeon does for her. They then place their order and started a small talk when suddenly Seohyun calling someone.

“Jessica-ssi!” Taeyeon turn his head to see the girl that Seohyun called just now.

He saw a blonde girl walking towards them and greet Seohyun.

“Oh hi Dr. Seo! What a small world, we met again” She said while hugging Seohyun.

“Yes! How is Krystal? Is she okay now?” Seohyun asked the blonde girl.

“She’s getting better. Thanks to you Dr Seo!.” She smiled but then she said again, this time she looked at Taeyeon.

“Omo look like I’ve disturbed your lunch Dr Seo, I better get going. Have a good lunch with your boyfriend!” She then walked away, back to her seat. Taeyeon turned his head following Jessica’s step. He saw another girl sit at table, he only got to see her back and her shining red hair.

“What are you looking at oppa? Let’s eat, our food is here” Taeyeon turned back his head looking at Seohyun and began to eat their lunch. They keep talking about small things and sometimes discussed about Taeyeon’s therapy. 

 


Hold on! Don't throw bricks at me! I know you want Taeny to meet, but just hold a little bit more. I'll let them meet soon! Keep reading. I know this kinda slow, I'll try to make it faster a bit. *bow 90 degrees