XLVI

The Ice Has Melted

Since that day, Taeyeon always bring Tiffany along whenever he go visited Sarang at his parent’s house. Tiffany already be close to all his family member especially to Mrs. Kim. They always baked together and trying new recipe. While Hayeon close to her as they have similarities in fashion. Not to mention, she and Tiffany already be a bestfriend. Sarang no longer call her ‘pweety’ aunty but she calls her ‘mommy’. Tiffany didn’t reject it, in fact she loves when that little girl call her with that name. Time to time, Tiffany discover a lot about Taeyeon. When she cook with his mother, she always told her what Taeyeon likes to eat, what he cannot eat and so on. Same goes when she had talk to his father, he told her what Taeyeon likes before, how grumpy he can be, how loving he can be when it comes to Sarang and he be the protective brother to Hayeon. And his father thanked Tiffany a lot for finally able to open his heart. Tiffany once asked his father about Taeyeon love story before he met he but his father just smile and said that he want to let Taeyeon tell her by himself. With that, Tiffany will just wait for him.

--

Today is the day the couple will having lunch with their friends but unfortunately only Yuri and Jessica can make it. Since Hyoyeon, Sunny and Seohyun are busy with their work so they can’t join them. Taeyeon didn’t expect that Yuri the only one who are free today, he already can imagine how awkward they’ll be later on. While Tiffany feel excited that finally she’ll meet her bestfriend today.

 

AT THE RESTAURANT

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany already there, waiting for their friends. Not long after that Jessica arrive and Tiffany scream when see her bestfriend came. They hug each other and Jessica take a sit beside her.

“Hi Taeyeon!” Jessica greet him with a bright smile.

“Oh hey hi Jess!” Taeyeon reply her with a cheer tone too.

“So how with your cases? I follow about it everyday though.” He asked her. He’s been following it since he saw about it on newspaper. The cases is so unique and interesting though.

“Ohmy really? Thanks Taeyeon!”

Both Taeyeon and Jessica then talk about her cases and forget about Tiffany who was there. Tiffany that saw them being so friendly feel rejected and disappoint that Taeyeon didn’t care about her at all. Tired of seeing them talk about themselves, she then coughed giving a sign to her boyfriend and Jessica.

“Ahem.”

Both of them stop talking and look at Tiffany. Taeyeon saw that her expression changed and he realized that they already ignore her since Jessica came and started talking about her cases. Taeyeon smile to his girlfriend but Tiffany keep her straight face. She already cross her arms and started to glare at him. She looks at him like she was saying “Kim Taeyeon, you’re dead”

While Jessica just doing her slumber face, didn’t mind about the couple. What? Taeyeon the one that asked about her cases, she just answer it. Why would she know that they’re going to far till ignore Tiffany? She just laughing looking at the couple. Also, it’s been a while since she saw Tiffany being jealous, smile widely and be extra cheerful. In one sentence, it’s been a while since she saw her bestfriend in love with someone.

 

“Happy talking to her?”  Tiffany talk after saw Taeyeon looking at her few minutes ago.

“No-no I just ask her abo-about her cases Fany ah. I in…-” Taeyeon answer her while stutter. Jessica that sit beside Tiffany laughing looking at the couple.

“What? Interested? You’re interested with her?!” She shot a glare at him.

What did she talking about? Taeyeon already feel panic. There’s no way he could interested with Jessica, for God sake please! “No no! I’m not interested in her I swear! I just love you Fany-ah,” He explain in one breath. Afraid of what she will feel.

“Then why did you ignore me then? What am I here? A wall?” Tiffany wanted to actually.

“Yes you are!” Taeyeon answer her straight away as he’s panic so he didn’t hear her question well.

“What?!” She surprised with his answer. Secretly she wants to laugh so bad right now. Looking at his innocent look, she can’t take it.

“Eh? Aa no! That’s not what I mean! I’m sorry!” He already look down in case she want to hit him but what did he heard is woman laughing and when look up back, he saw both Tiffany and Jessica were laughing at him. The heck?

“Why did both of you laugh?”

“Hahahaha ohmy GOD you’re so cute Tae!” tiffany said to him while shot her eye smile.

“Hahahah Taeyeon you should look your face when she glares at you” Followed by Jessica, who said the same things to her.

Damn both of this woman just played with him. He’s being tricked.

Taeyeon look at both of the woman. He just about to speak, but then they were greeted by Yuri who was just arrived. All 3 of them look at him, and Jessica has already smile widely.

“Sorry I’m late,” He said. Yuri look kinda… smart today. Usually he’ll just wear shorts and t-shirt or any any skinny jeans. But today, he’s wearing an office attire. Well, with the slim fit shirt and skinny slack, they’re all showed his fit body. We can’t deny that it looks good on him.

Taeyeon, who has been friend for years with him never see him in this kind of formal outfits. Well, he only got to see him in suit or slacks when there’s dinner by his father’s company or any formal occasion. But seeing Yuri in this outfits in normal day, make he feel weird.

Yuri recognized the girl that looked at him beside Tiffany and Taeyeon. She’s the one that he met at shopping mall with Tiffany few months ago.

“Yah, take your sit Yul. Or you want to stand there all day?” Taeyeon said. Yuri then sit at the only place left which is… beside Jessica. Of course he doesn’t want Yuri to sit beside his girlfriend but he also purposely put Jessica to sit beside him so that maybe she can distract him a little bit.

“Where is your casual looks Yul? What’s all with this shirt and slack?” Taeyeon asked him.

“I’m just back from meeting with some new supplier that’s why,” Yuri explained to him. But not only Taeyeon, but the other 2 also heard what he said. Tiffany notice that Jessica smile become widely at the moment Yuri arrive.   

As all of them finish ordering their food, they’re all chatting among themselves. Jessica asked Taeyeon a lot about his company and so do to Yuri. While they’re chatting, Tiffany look at Taeyeon and Yuri interaction. She glad that they didn’t frowned among themselves. Well, if true they were arguing right now, they can still control their emotion and keep the professionalism there.

Yuri just saw the couple that being lovey dovey in front of him. His heart hurt but he still can endure the pain. Jessica too, looking at Taeyeon and Tiffany who showing their love to each other since she arrive there. She feel envious because at least her best friend got her love. While her? Nothing.

“Envious?” Yuri suddenly spit out a word to Jessica. He’s been looking at Jessica that smiling when saw the couple interaction.

Jessica turn her head and saw Yuri look at her, waiting for her answer.

“Yeah, a bit. Who’s not jealous looking at someone who got a good life?” She answer him with a small smile.

Yuri nodded. He understand her answer. The way she answer shows it all.

“Why? Don’t you have a boyfriend until you want to be envious with her?”

Jessica just smile and nodded and smile shyly.

“Seriously? Got no boyfriend?” Yuri look at her confusedly. She doesn’t look like a single woman at all. She did look beautiful though.

“Yup seriously. Ah just how many times do I have to tell you?” Jessica feels annoyed suddenly. Didn’t he understand what did she said just now? Ugh!

“Even you’re crying you’re beautiful too~” Yuri said right after Jessica stop talking. Yuri answer her with his innocent look. He just make his slumber face. Jessica look at him with confuse look. What with the reaction.

“What?”  What did he just say? Jessica giving him a quizzical look.

“Huh? Me? I just continue your lyrics Jessica-ssi.” He answer with slumber.

After thinking for a while, Jessica finally can figure out what did he mean by ‘continue the lyrics’. This guy is seriously making a jokes or what? Because if he did, his jokes was so totally tasteless.

“Ah I understand!”

Yuri just give out a small laugh. He then shake his head as Jessica late in figure out his meaning.

“Didn’t know that a beautiful woman like you can be kinda…” yuri kinda hesitate to said his last word.

“Kinda what?” Jessica asked him. Want to hear his full sentence.

“Blur.” But since she already asked him, so he just spit it out.

“Excuse me? Well hello, who are you to say that I’m…”

The couples look at their friends when suddenly heard Jessica louden her voice little bit. They just met few minutes though. They’re not quarrelling right? But their focus disturbed when there’s another thing came up.

A woman approach them and greet Taeyeon with cheerful tone. All of them look at her. Tiffany smiling when saw the woman, she knows her. Taeyeon surprised seeing her. But not only Taeyeon, Yuri knows her too. How he can’t recognize her, she’s the one ruined his best friend life in these 5 years. The only one that seems confuse here is Jessica.

“Oh hey! Hi Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon hate seeing her here. He just want to bring Tiffany away from there but he can’t. The only choice that he has right now is just answer her and pretend like nothing happen.

“Yea-yeah hi Nana,” Yuri just look at Taeyeon that look so uncomfortable. He knows that Taeyeon in the middle of dilemma. The one that stand right now is his first love that hurt him, and the one sit beside him is a woman who have success in heal his heart after being hurt by the standing woman.

“Having lunch with someone here Nana-ssi?” Tiffany asked her. She give out a smile with that.

Nana change her look from Taeyeon to Tiffany.

“Ah yes I’m having lunch here but just with myself. My manager has some work to do, so he send me here first.” This is her good chance. It’s a good things met all of them here and of course Taeyeon.

“Really? You must be bored. Want to join us?” Tiffany asked her. Feeling pity for her that eats alone.

That’s it! that is the question that Nana has been waiting for. Nice one.

Taeyeon turned his gaze to Tiffany. This woman can’t be kidding. Nana can’t join them! But Tiffany didn’t understand his sign and just smile to him. Taeyeon then look away and shot a glare to Nana as warning sign. But she too, just smile at him.

“It would be pleasure for me to join all of you. Is it okay for all beside Tiffany-ssi?”

“NO! DAMN IT! IM NANA! ARGH FCK!” Taeyeon screaming and cursing inside. How she can accept her offer? She surely just want to messing round with him.

They’re all didn’t mind letting Nana join their lunch. Tiffany then introduce Nana to Jessica and Yuri. They exchange handshake and talk something light about themselves. Both woman there talking happily with Nana. Taeyeon can’t take it anymore, he then excuse himself saying that he has to make an important call. Not even few seconds after Taeyeon left, Yuri excuse himself too to the restroom. He followed Taeyeon and saw him stand in front of the sink in the restroom while massage his temple.

“Taeng? Are you okay?”

“Yeah I’m fne Yul.” Taeyeon give him a bitter smile. Still want to hide.

“That is her right?”

Taeyeon just nodded. Didn’t want to reply him. No matter how he want to hide it, a friend is still a friend. They might not have a good friendship like before, but still he can’t hide anything from a best friend.

“But why don’t you look surprise looking at her?” that is what’s been playing in Yuri’s mind when saw Nana greeted his friend. He looks cool with it.

“Because I’ve met her before at my company photoshoot few days ago.” Taeyeon explained.

“What?”

“I can feel something bad will happen Yul.” Taeyeon spit out what did he feels. As much as he feels disturbed with Yuri, Nana bring a lot of thoughts to him.

“Let just see it Taeng. Come on, let’s get back to the table or the ladies there might wondering about us.”

The 2 man then go back at their table. From a far, Taeyeon can see 3 of them chatting happily. While he can only let out a fake smile right now.

Taeyeon and Yuri sit at their place back when suddenly Tiffany just shoot Taeyeon with sudden questions.

“How dare you Tae!”

Taeyeon feel panic. What does she know? Did Nana already tell her about his past?

“Wha-what did I do?” He answer with stutter. He looks at Nana who only give an evil smile to him. Damn it!

“Why didn’t you tell me that Nana is your friend? You really a bad friend Tae,”

“The heck? Since when she be my friend?” – Taeyeon

“What?”

“She study at the same university as you and also be your classmates right?” Tiffany said with happy tone.

Taeyeon let out a sigh. He feel relieve that she didn’t tell Tiffany about it. Well, yet. “Just what more did she tell her?”

“Yea-yeah. We study at the same university before, but I’m not close with her.” Taeyeon answer with his expressionless face.

“Eh really? But she said both of you always together though, you’re like her best friend there.” Tiffany said the lies that Nana tell her before.

“Sht!” – Taeyeon

Another curse word that he can’t say it outside.

“Um that is because we-we always hav-have group projects together,” Taeyeon lied.

He then look away and close his eyes and mutter the word inside “I’m sorry Tiffany.”

“She said that you’re so popular back then at the university and she knows your girlfriend. Wuu~ I can dredge your secret from her then. Hahaha,” She said.

Taeyeon look so worry right now. Yuri that sit opposite him realized that his expression is changed so to not making his expression more obvious, Yuri try to change the topic. Thank goodness his tactic is success. They’re now not talking about Taeyeon’s past but focus on the new topic. All of them then talking while eating.

Spending about an hour eating and chatting, all of them then excuse themselves to go back to their workplace. Taeyeon paid for the lunch that day. As Tiffany want to walk out, Nana purposely put her foot in front and make Tiffany tripped and fall on the floor. Jessica already walk first, so she didn’t see what Nana did to Tiffany. Taeyeon that talking with Yuri turn his head and saw his girlfriend fell down. He quickly went to Tiffany.

“Fany, baby are you okay? What’s wrong?” He said while helping her to get up.

“I’m okay Tae, maybe I didn’t walk properly that’s why I tripped myself.” She said while smiling. Taeyeon be guiltier when look at her smile.

Taeyeon then squat down and clean his girlfriend knees. After that, he back to stand mode and fix her hair.

“Can you walk baby? Or do you want me to carry you?” Taeyeon asked innocently.

Tiffany laugh and hit his shoulder. “I still can walk Tae, It’s not like I break my leg, hahaha.”

“Okay okay I’m sorry Fany, I just worry here.” he then help her walk to the car.

After that, he back at the restaurant and saw Yuri still with Nana. As he come towards them, Nana already have that evil smile and said:

“I see that your girlfriend didn’t have a good eyes until she can fell down.”

“Shut up. I don’t need to hear you.”

“Okay, fine. But I really have a good lunch today. Thanks for inviting me,” She winked at Taeyeon.

“Just who the hell inviting you?! You’re the one offering yourself with no shame!” Now he can say what he want to say because Jessica and Tiffany are not there.

“Your girlfriend did invite me and all of them are giving a green light. So basically let just say that I’ve been invited by her.”

“Do not say anything again. First you come joining us, then you’re saying that you’re my friend and start to reveal my past to her. What do you want actually? Just live your own life!” Taeyeon pointed his index finger to her.

“I want you Taeyeon, I miss you.” Nana want to touch his hand, but Taeyeon quickly pull away.

“Get out from my life. We’re over 5 years ago, Im Nana. You’re the one said that. Remember? I already got someone else and she’s better than you. Oh wait, she’s not better. In fact, she’s different than you! Kind hearted, beautiful, she’s good in kissi-…” Taeyeon has been cut off.

“Enough!” She stop him. She hate it when hear Taeyeon praised his girlfriend in front of her.

Nana then walk away from there with furious vibes. It’s time to go with the plan.

Taeyeon that still there with Yuri just saw her walk away. Finally, she’s gone.

“You should protect Tiffany, Taeng. Nana sound so serious when she said she want you back.” Yuri said.

“Nah~ what can she do Yul? She don’t even have a plan. Don’t trust her words Yul.”

“She already launch her first and second plan just now Taeng,” Yuri said with a calm voice.

“What plan?” Taeyeon didn’t understand what did he said.

“Can’t you see it Taeng? First, she’s trying to be close with Tiffany so that she can be near you. Trust me, you’ll see her more often after this.” Yuri explain to Taeyeon.

“Then the second plan is?” Taeyeon asked more to him.

“She hurt your girlfriend, she’s the one that makes Tiffany tripped just now.” Yuri saw it. He saw that Nana put her foot in front and makes Tiffany fall.

“What?! why didn’t you tell me before Yul? Who knows she might dare to do more!”

“That is why you have to protect her. Tiffany is her target now. Nana knows she can’t get you back, that’s why she doesn’t want Tiffany to get you too!”

Taeyeon silent. Why can’t he see all this?

Before Yuri left him, he pat Taeyeon’s shoulder.

--


I'm sorry! truly sorry! okay, i broke my promise right? my bad, i'm sorry. i got writer's block plus with the limited time. i've write half of this chapter last 2 weeks but stop when i got work to do. when i  try to write again the next day, i can't think of anything. also the workload now inreased, that makes me faced stress. *bow

pardon all my grammar/spelling mistakes.