Chapter 9

UNSEEN (Male Version)

-Flashback-

As I decided to not come for Chaeyoon after the news of the cancellation, I got a call from someone who will be messed up the most, my father. Not even a second I picked the call, I could tell how much the news ruined him. Everything that involved the company he built from zero always got him in a nerve. 

"I get it! Will be home sooner..." I sighed. 

-----

"What do you want to do after this?" He welcomed me with his raised tone. Without a greet or anything, he raged at me. 

He is my father yet, he is full of secrets. Ever since I became the director, I still knew nothing. They seemed to hide something for me about Mount's past. And the cancellation got me puzzled. I didn't know what should I do after hearing the news because I still can't see the connection. Honestly, it was hard enough to decide this case. It was too early to decide my next step. I did found the file that was lost from Go Seokjin Uncle days ago. But, it was just the file full with the transaction between Wooden with a resident representative who lived near the place that Wooden go for woods. This information was kind of grey if I tried to connect with what was happened between Mount and Ridge. The only same thing that Mount and Ridge have was Wooden's source. And it was kind of shock when I found what was happened five years ago with Taemu help. There was an incident where there was a demonstration to sue Wooden for taking the woods in that area which started damaging the environment there. And the most interesting clue was, 'Why did Chaeyoon take the file about Wooden from Mount? I still can't see the connection between the three groups.' It was all pointed to Wooden, not Ridge also Mount. 

"YOU GOT FIRED! I don't want my son to bring Mount down sooner!" He shouted at me while standing with the stick that helped him to stand up while I can see how much he was staggering with his reddened face. I rarely see his anger but, it might his first time exploding caused by the company. I rubbed my hands from the place I was sitting in the living room and looked down to my stomping heel. My gaze was empty looking at the table which separated my father and me. 

"And who will take the lead of Mount? Go Seokjin?" I stated in a low voice but loud enough to be heard by him while stopping my stomping heel. 

The name that was making me suspicious even at the first time he was brought to the police. I was trusting him before but as time went by, I can see how much he was trying to handle anything in Mount even though there was me as a director. 

"What??" He narrowed his eyes in disbelief. "Are you trying to fight me now?" Now, he pointed out his stick on me. "You are trying to bring us down and now..."

"I will take the lead after I clean the mess between Mount, Ridge, and Wooden." I looked up into his eyes and he was taken aback by my words. "Dad, Let me fix it on my way, please!" I begged. He was frozen for a while before I see his keen gaze after taking a deep breath. 

"Tsk ... Is it caused by Chaeyoon??"

"STOP IT, DAD!" I got up from I was sitting. "I will start our company without trash and fuss inside." Without looking back, I left him alone in silence. 

-End of Flashback-

*****((()))*****

Our bond was getting stronger after her confession. She started being clingy to me more without anything that burdened her. It was such a good breeze to our latest intense companies problems. She was also eager to ask me to know the baby's gender together, as I promised before. We went to the obstetrician and waited in the waiting room like a husband and wife with other couples. 

'Ah, right! We are still engaged.'

I gazed at her who was smiling while chatting with another pregnant woman asking about her pregnancy. But, the view of her answering 'yes' with doubt when the woman praised me as a husband, scrunched my heart. Even though she hides it, I could see her sadness while trying to keep up with the conversation. 

"Mrs. Chaeyoon!" A nurse called her name and luckily it stopped her conversation. 

"I am here." She got up impatiently and greeted for the last to the woman who talked with her. 

-----

I couldn't stop smiling after knowing the baby's gender. She was surprised to know the gender as me. The happiness blurted with the tears when the doctor revealed that ours is a boy. Holding my hand tightly, I felt needed. Both mother and the baby. As we came out of the hospital, she asked me to go to the beach near her apartment. The place where we often spent our weekends after works. The place that was holding our memories. 
'Everything you say, Honey!'

We walked toward the new car I bought when I realized how much it is needed when I saw her tummy is getting bigger.  I realized that I was no longer a single man who needs a spotlight to attract women. There would be a baby around us sooner. Of course, a sports car wouldn't be a good choice. After waiting for two months, my sports car was sold with the help of Taemu. Right after it was sold, I went to buy the SUV for us. 

"Why are you selling your sports car and buying this SUV?" She finally asked after trying to hide her curiousness for days because of our latest quarrel. Winking my eye to her, I rubbed her hand that I held since we got in. 

"I think, I just grow older. And I also should think what should our boy get in when he is born." 

"You love your sports car, though." Sure, she knew me more after months we spent which made me smiling unconsciously.

"But, I love you two more..." 

'That is the truth. From the deepest of my heart.' I looked at her like a smitten man who is happy enough with his soon-to-be family. 

*****((()))*****

Walking side by side on the beach while holding her hand like we used to do. We enjoyed the breeze and waves with their sound that calmed me. Our hands intertwined and swayed without words from us. I can feel it, the ring that she ever used as a necklace on her right hand. Not on her left hand like the first, I put in when we engaged. Suddenly, it reminded me of the time we were in the obstetrician. At this moment my heart twitched and I tried to exhale the air as much as I can. If only we were not coming from the background of our past, we might have been coming to the obstetrician and walking on the beach as a married couple, not like this. Uncertain relationship with the soon-to-be-born baby we love so much. 

Chaeyoon who came with revenge at first and I, who was still figuring what was happening, couldn't start our new life just like that. Especially, my father already knew what Chaeyoon had done to our company. Unconsciously, I tightened my hold on hers. I won't let her go. But, I couldn't make her mine sooner like what people do. I felt like I couldn't be a dependable man for her especially in her pregnancy. I gazed at her side face beside me that showed her hope while caressing her tummy when walking. The view itself hurts me more. I stopped my way and followed by her who was confused looking at me. Pulling out strands of her hair, I forced to smile. 

"Will you..." I paused when I looked at her face. I felt like my tongue was frozen to say the next words. 'Marry me?'

Her gaze reminded me of Jonghyun's words. I remembered all when he said how much pain she hold since the incident. The truth was I couldn't feel what she felt since the incident. But, I just felt that I was still egoistic if I asked her for being mine sooner. My father and the unsolved past problem kept haunting me. That was how the world was playing with us. I laughed at everything that gone wrong between us. 

She pouted at me cutely which made my heart torn apart. She never asked for more when I should have done that at first. Chaeyoon with all the nightmares still loves me. She said that. I was losing my sanity out of happiness when she said that. But, I just felt I was a loser now when I realized I couldn't do anything for us. "Do you want something to drink?" I hide my messed-up mind with the est smile I can give while pinching her puffing cheek. 

"Will you?" She asked me playing with the words I just said. 

"Get it! Will be right back!" I kissed her cheek before running to the store across the street leaving her alone which at the same time also giving me time for my thorn heart that was still greedy for her more despite all the fuss that happened. 

I ran as fast as I can to the store while suddenly I heard a loud squeaky sound before everything gone dark. 

*****((()))*****

I was brought back to the time when I first holding her hand as a couple. That was the first time I felt my heart beating irregularly as I never felt it to any woman I met before. The feeling that at the same time making me smile. Looking at her innocent side for the first time. She thorns her mask as a fierce woman she always showed when she first came as my secretary and willing to let me come into her. Without I was realizing it, she already pulled me jokingly as running through the side beach barefooting while the water splashing, wetting her white dress. She was playing with me. Her giggle and her small hand teased me to catch her as she kept running. Like kids, we ran through the beachside ignoring everything around us. I caught her by her waist and hugging her tightly while swaying her petite body. I could hear her squeaky sound scream and I stopped swaying her. As she was free from me, she ran to my right side wanting me to catch her again. 

However, as I turned my head to my right side I saw no one. Panicked, I ran to find her roaming at every corner and I was the only one left on the beach. When I found her, I went to the other side immediately when the waves crashed at me suddenly and I was brought to the darkroom. 
Roaming the darkroom which blinded me, I tried to keep walking and looking for something until I saw a hole that was reflecting light from outside. As I went in the direction, I opened the door and I was already inside the bright white room. Letting my feet bring me anywhere, I walked into a flower garden on another side in the white room. And I found her. The different Chaeyoon who was expecting our baby.

It was the same heartbeat I felt. She was there holding her baby bump which was still shown even though I was looking at her back. She was wearing white attire holding a baby bump with an unfaded smile when I saw her right side's profile. She was styled with the white long loose dress and her wavy shining hair. I went to her and I was only meters away from her. She was looking at her back like she was waiting for someone. I was perplexed when I was unseen for her even I was only meters away.  As she kept looking for someone, I could see her smile while greeting another woman who came for her sudden. Frustratedly, I walked toward her and tried to reach her to let her know I was there. But, as I was coming near, she still couldn't aware of my presence. 

"Who are you waiting for, Mrs? With this pretty dress and make-up." The woman asked Chaeyoon. Chaeyoon only let out the warmest smile she had after rubbing her tummy. Her eyes gazed at the woman who asked her the question with a warm gaze. 

"The Baby's father..." I stopped my step and suddenly I froze when her facial expression turned much brighter. "I should wait for him."  And without even a second, her expression changed. She looked down to the ground and her smile faded away. It was heartbreaking to see the view. She whispered in a low voice but loud enough to be heard to me, "I love the person who already fought for us. Please wake up..." The words confused me. I didn't even understand why did she say something like that when I was still there for her. Suddenly her voice lowered and tears escaped from her eyes. 

"Chaeyoon-ah..." I let out a sound but she only sobbed while wiping the tears on her cheeks. 

"Please wake up..." she weakly begged to something I didn't know what she meant for.

"Please wake up, Jisung-ssi!" 

-----

Suddenly, something blinding hit my eyes and I woke up with alcohol's smell and the loud sound of machine which deafened me around. I looked at the white ceiling and I felt my body was all sore. I couldn't think more as the last thing I remembered was, I was with Chaeyoon on the beach.

"Jisung-ah! Jisung-ah!" I heard my mother's voice rushing toward me. My head spun hard and I couldn't do anything yet. 

"Mom," I looked at my right side where my mother stopped her way.  I tried hard to get up to see if there was somebody other than my mother. The one who always appeared in my mind after I out. Forcing my body to get up I felt the sharp pain came which made me laid back on the bed. 

"Jisung-ah! Wait a minute!" She said hurriedly as pressing the red button beside my bed. I tried to roam the room to find her but, I found nothing other than my father who was sitting straightly on the couch with his stick.

"Mom, Where is Chaeyoon?" I said with my cracked voice because of my dried throat. 

"Ehm...hmmm..." suddenly I heard my father cough as he heard my first words after waking up. 

'Shoot!'

She wouldn't be here with my father. I looked at my mother who suddenly didn't say anything after my father's cough and only fixing my blanket without words. 

"The nurse will be coming soon..." that was the only word that my mother can say. 

*****((()))*****

The room was quiet as everyone leaving one by one after visiting me. But, I couldn't see her. I tried hard to get up from the bed. As I tried, I felt the sharp pain in my chest. Grabbing the IV pole I tried to stand up from the bed. Everyone said I was being unconscious for ten days. I didn't know how much information I missed for those days. But, Taemu only gave me a hint that he found something without telling me. He only came for a short time and go after convincing me that Chaeyoon was fine. I suddenly could breathe hearing those. At least, she was fine. 

I looked at the night view that attracted me through the glass. I smiled. It was the only thing that accompanied me that night. I wanted to see the view clearer while trying to get up from the bed. Ten days being in an unconscious state made my feet weaker. I held the stand as I felt like my body was all being hit with blunt stuff. Holding the pain, I walked to the glass as I could see the night view outside slowly. 

My mother told me, I just got hit by the car and there were fractures on my chest. I also got my surgery done longer because there was bleeding in my head.

'That's why I felt this !' I hissed.

I tried to inhale the air as I watched the night view but the pain came sharper while my hand covering it gently. Sighing also mocking at myself, we just reconciled before and I also dreamt of her but why it seemed impossible for us to be like normal couples.

'Clack'

I heard the door was opened gingerly. I turned my head to see who was coming. My heartbeat faster the same as I felt in the dream. The presence I longed for curved my lips into a smile. She came with her loose maternity dress wrapped with a jacket and mask covering and nose, walking to me as she held her tummy that looked bigger than the last time I saw her. Her eyes finally met mine, the swollen and redder eyes which scrunching my heart. She locked the door as walking toward me while I pushed the IV stand to bring me closer to her. The low voice of her since she came suddenly got clearer as I knew it as sobs. She hugged me as soon as we only inches left and I heard she kept repeating the same words on my chest.

'It's a relief.'

I couldn't hear anything other than that words. The pain I felt before faded away as it was changed to the pain of seeing her coming in the middle of the night with the swollen eyes and weak figures hugging me tightly and saying the words that were giving me heartache. She sobbed on my chest wetting my hospital gown sorrowfully.

"It's a relief. It's a relief. It's a relief." She said between sobs. "Thank you so much."

Slowly, my hand caressed her hair softly. 

"I am fine..."

-to be continued- 

A/N:

Hi everyone here is an update ^^
Thanks for reading my stories ^^
Kindly vote, comment, and share with your friends ^^

Meet me again next chapter (^.^)
See ya! 

With love, 
Byeol-nim ❤