Chapter 11

UNSEEN (Male Version)

I stared at the ceiling of the hospital blankly. The hidden blurry truth slowly became clearer as I met the police almost every day. The meetings with the police and their new findings aroused my nerve. Looking down at my phone I hesitated to give Taemu an instruction that might drag down my own company. The company that my father had built for decades. My heart slowly became stuffed as the police left. It wasn't something that I can imagine before. 

'No, I mean...'

I hardly tried to deny the truth that Mount didn't do anything hideous even though I knew Chaeyoon with all her backstories. However, as hard as I tried to avoid that negativity, it slowly showed its truth. The accident that made me like this opened up my mind. And I found the point of all that happened. I slowly lost my confidence that 'Mount had nothing to do with Chaeyoon'.

Not long after the police left my room, Chaeyoon came to my side again and knew nothing about the truth that actually messed up my mind. My mind turned out empty as looking at her. Honestly, I couldn't do anything about this. My promise to her brother is to get her justice but also the future of my company and all of the employees under it. I thought I couldn't choose both. 

"Is there any problem that remained unsolved? Why are they coming almost every day?" She pouted slightly disturbed when the police were coming. She got that instinct. 

'The unsolved truth... The unsolved truth of her family's tragedy.'

"Nothing," I forced the smile to her. 

The worst it, I did it every day in the hospital. Hiding the truth that slowly revealed and let Chaeyoon focused on her pregnancy without knowing any of the newest facts I got to know from the police. 

'I am sorry, Chaeyoon-ah!'

*****((()))*****

Time passed when I could finally go back to the work in Mount after weeks of absence. Honestly, I am forcing myself to work so Chaeyoon couldn't know the mess that I hid since the accident. I still can feel the dull pain from the fracture sites and it took me minutes to grab myself. If I didn't solve it faster, I couldn't take the way I should walk with. Taking the pill that the doctor had given, I looked at the monitor in my working room that was showing my father as the representative of Mount, Jang Director as the latest representative of Wooden, and the person that was shown to be Chaeyoon's father as the representative of Ridge. I dragged my working chair closer and looked at the data that Taemu had found when I was hospitalized. I got that bad feeling when the picture was shown. 

'It's true that they had a good relationship before.'

"So, they are related one to each other before the huge change of Mount and Wooden. And..." I exhaled my breath deeply before continuing the next words which I hope it didn't connect before, "And it happened after the news of Chaeyoon's parents were found to be in a car accident?" I lost my voice when I clicked the next button which was showing the picture of the representative of Ridge passed away's news. And he was the same person from one of the three representatives that looked close to each other. 

"Yes, Director..." Taemu replied with a low voice.

"I can't even ask the truth from my father also Go Seokjin uncle. The only one that we can ask is..."

"Jang Director..."

"Uh..." I nodded still being cautious with what will happen next. 

"Jang Director left Wooden with a huge amount of money and a residence somewhere in Busan. He retired early and only doing things he loves."

"How can you know that?" 

"Since the police caught Shin Woohyun," he hesitated while fixing his glasses before he looked at me cautiously.

"Just tell me! I want to end this as soon as it is," I massaged my temple frustratedly after the truth started to find its way one by one.

"Ha Jonghyun Director tells me where Jang Director is living after knowing that Shin Woohyun was still being free from the jail he should be in. As you know Ridge took over Wooden for a reason. And since taking over was done by Chaeyoon-ssi. She missed the important thing before taking over the company." 

"Just tell me the important thing!" I lost my patience as grabbing my face with my elbows on the table, feeling that my brain almost exploding.

"The three companies were being reported for destroying the natural resources where Wooden take woods for Mount and Ridge. And also..." 

"ALSO WHAT?" I raised my voice as I punched my fist at my table.

"We need to hear the truth from Jang Director since your father and Go Seokjin never talk about this." 

"JUST TELL ME!" I sighed. 

"But, the report suddenly vanished after Chaeyoon's parent passed away." 

"Bring me to Jang Director, now!" 

"But... Ha Jonghyun..."

"Let me meet him!" I rushed my way out of my working room.

*****((()))*****

Rushing my steps to the room with the Director's sign, I opened Ha Jonghyun's room and found him busy with the file on his table. Looking straight at his eyes while supporting myself with the fists on his table, I rushed my breath that slowly suffocating me by the endless truth that was shown lately.

"Why are you not asking him right away if you know where he lives?" I almost screamed my voice out and got his suspicious look.  

"Don't you learn a manner when coming to someone's room?" He raised an eyebrow being irritated by my sudden appearance. 

"Why don't you ask him?"

"He is also keeping his mouth shut. How can I ask him?"

"Did Chaeyoon know about the truth that Jang Director know about the reason why your parents died already?"

"Tsk, those three are wolves and Chaeyoon is a rabbit. How can she know something weird about this..." he sighed. "She only took over the company without knowing the reason behind it. Or..." he tightened his jaw with his sharp gaze focusing at one point. "...that old Jang's Director was being sly and acting like he is innocent. Tch..." he cracked the ballpoint on his grip.

"Those three..." I gulped my throat hardly. It shouldn't make me shock after seeing those three representatives being close with each other in a picture. Inhaling my breath in pain as scrunching my face in pain, I tried to strengthen myself with his next words.

"Your father, Go Seokjin, and Jang Director." 

"My father..." I lost my step after hearing what he just told me. 

"Do you think Go Seokjin only doing what he wanted when there is someone higher than him?"
 
"You..." I lost my words completely. 

"Why? Do you want to ignore this fact because he is your father?"

"But, Jang Director still keeps his mouth shut."

"Tck...I shouldn't easily be leaving her on your side if I know you would act like this earlier." He closed the file and pushed his wheelchair closer to me. "Didn't I tell you?" He stopped his wheelchair right in front of me. "She should have her justice. She is the witness and going through nightmares for years. Don't you say that it isn't because of the company but your love for her? You love her, right?" He smirked and left me dumbfounded. Right as he left I wanted to punch anything in front of my eyes if it was my room but I held my fist tightly. 

"Give me Jang Director's address in Busan!" 

"He is in my house though." He stopped his wheelchair before he reached the door. 

"What?"

"Told you! He is keeping his mouth shut." 

"You don't torture him, right?" 

"Tsk, I am not that bad." He left the room pushing his wheelchair with both hands.

"I want to talk with him." 

"Sure..." He said while stopping his wheelchair without looking back.

*****((()))*****

The warm water splashed on my body as I was in deep thought. As the truth opened up one by one, I slowly lost my face to her. Even though she acted all-loving and I couldn't do more as I realized that my father might also be behind this. And I still use that 'might' word to completely covered my father that he did nothing. 

'Tck' 

I rubbed my face and hair harshly. Being the worst of me, I always leave her with a smile and an empty gaze when she asked me about something ruining her head. Honestly, I didn't know what to do anymore about this. I often imagine about how if she knows the truth. I do want to show the truth, but I also want to protect my family company. If she knows the truth, would she be different or stay the same. I lost my confidence and I couldn't even look into her eyes. I am scared to face her nowadays. 

Grabbing the towel nearby, I went out of the bathroom and found Chaeyoon was still waiting for me on the bed. Exhaling my breath deeply, I pretended like there was nothing happened. Taking the clothing she had prepared like usual, I fixed my suit in front of the mirror with her waiting for me while sitting on the bed. I peeked at her in the mirror as I saw her worried face with the silent me since I was hospitalized. The view was tearing my heart. But, I didn't know how to make me being neutral after knowing all of the s. I can't choose both and also I can't choose one of them. If only I can flee away from this situation like a coward. 

''

Seems like she knew when I was looking at her, she came to me and held my hand.

"I miss you..." she said. I knew she would say that.
 
'But, I am the bastard that shouldn't get her love, right?' My heart slowly ached and I was laughing at myself. Before the truth was revealed, I was so confident that I could solve this as no one else could. But, only a piece of truth, could make me staggered. I even thought I couldn't keep my promise to her. 

"Uhm..." I hardly tried to face her casually. Forcing myself to meet her eyes which I couldn't do it when I was conscious. And sadly I only can do that when I was unconscious like last night when she felt the false contraction. Laughing at myself, I realized that she only started talking to me when I said more than one sentence since then. It showed how bad I am as a lover and a father-to-be of our son. "Me too..." 

"Am I doing wrong to you?" She asked and it hurts me. It wasn't you. But, me...

"You are doing great as usual," I said as I felt my heart torn into pieces to look at her teary eyes.

"But, why are you..." I kissed her lips deeply for seconds. I couldn't anticipate my next broken heart only to hear her who was actually needed attention from me. I knew that 'I am a coward'. After knowing the s and I still want to get her love, but also ignoring her because I couldn't see her face with the truth of Mount involving in her trauma. "Do you think your kiss explains it all?" She sobbed and pushed me after kissing her deeply without giving her the answer she needed the most.

Her face turned redder and I just only bite my lip while tightening my jaw as taking a deep breath, I bravely looked at her eyes after roaming my sight, preparing myself to answer her.

"Chaeyoon-ah! If you feel the stronger contraction or the regular one like last night or the worst one until you can't hold it any longer. Please call me! Get it?" I said. 

'Yeah, I couldn't find the right answer for her in this situation.'

"You didn't answer my question..." she said harshly but made me smile. At least, it was the most suitable reaction I would get if she knew the truth about us. But, I need it harsher. I couldn't just let it go easily if my father was involved much in that.

'I knew that, Chaeyoon-ah!'

*****((()))*****

Hesitating in front of the door Ha Jonghyun had told me the place Jang Director was in, I tried to calm myself. He was the only hope that my father wasn't the one who was involved in the incident six years ago. I grabbed the doorknob and opened it slowly after taking a deep breath. Suddenly, I found a messed up old man coming to me hurriedly and I closed the door as fast as I can sensing something wrong with that.

"Young Master..." he stuttered and tried to reach the doorknob behind me in fear. I tried hard to grab his shoulders and pushed him away from the door. 

"Young Master?" I asked, knowing he called me as Go Seokjin did. "You know me?"

"Please, Young Master! Let me go! I didn't do anything bad..."

"What do you mean?"

"Please I know nothing! Please, please call your father to help me! I can't. I can't live here." He grabbed my clothe tightly with his panicked face. "I don't kill them. I don't kill them." 

"What do you mean?"

"Please let me see your father! He will help me. He will help me." He lost his focus and strayed his sight to the room in worry. 

"Why it should be my father?"

"He paid the demonstrators and asked Ridge's Director to stop talking about the demonstration or it could drag the companies. Please! I am only the innocent here." 

"What do you mean by making Ridge's Director stop talking?" I grabbed his shoulder even tighter than before. 

"Ridge wanted to solve it with the demonstrator fairly, but I don't know what happened after. Everything was done by your father and Go Seokjin. I am innocent here. I am innocent here." He screamed as covering his ears frustratedly. 

The doubt finally turned into certainty and I lost. 

*****((()))*****

Pulling the doorknob of the main door of the house where Chaeyoon was inside weakly. I couldn't think straight after hearing the truth from Jang's Director. Holding my fists to punch everything in front of my sight, I turned out gritting my teeth. This made me lost. I should keep in mind with the truth that my father was behind her parent's death.

"Chaeyoon-ssi!" Suddenly, I hear Hari screaming as I saw Chaeyoon grabbing her stomach in pain. 

"Chaeyoon-ah!" 

-----

She held my hand tightly holding her urge to push as I could see how she bit her lower lip. She inhaled her breath hardly as her forehead was scrunching in pain while I only can support her beside her bed. I can feel her hold on my hand getting tighter when she was feeling the contractions got intense. I can hear her stuffed breath as she was holding her stomach in pain as the sound of the baby's heart getting stronger. Sometimes I saw her pushing when she couldn't take the pain anymore. 

"Please don't push yet!" The nurse instructed her when she tried to push more. 

"Are you ready, Chaeyoon-ssi?" The doctor came in hurriedly to Chaeyoon as I could see she nodded her head weakly. "Okay, Mom! Please take a deep breath..." the doctor started leading the labor. "Push!" 

Chaeyoon pushed as hard as she can while holding my hand with the support. Her pain, her sweat, and her screams twitched my heart as I bit my lower lip hard. Hearing her silent screaming and her urge to delivering our child thorning my heart into pieces. A traumatic experience that was made by my family while laboring with my child. I couldn't hold the tears that escaped from my eyes looking at her. 

"Alright!" The doctor said. 

"Doc...I..." I heard she was stuttering as I couldn't take it to see how she was fighting with the pain. I bit my lower lip tighter, what if she knew the truth. 

'Will she ready to face the truth?' Or honestly, 'Will I be ready to face her after knowing the crystal clear truth involving our parents?'

"It's crowning...If you get another contraction. Push harder!" I brought my head closer to her as I rubbed her hair to give her strength. 

"You did great. You can do it..." I whispered as I can feel the tears escaping from my eyes. 

"Doc..." she gasped. 

"Mommy, Push!" Chaeyoon pushed with all of her mighty following the doctor's instruction. "Another push!" Her screams got my eyes teary as I rubbed her hair. Suddenly, a loud cry dominated the room. Not only the baby is crying, the mommy, and my tears streamed on my face. "Congratulations! It is a boy..." the doctor said as bringing our baby to Chaeyoon's hug. I lost for words. 

"Thank you so much... You did great!" I rubbed her hair and kissed her temple deeply. 

'Thank you for giving me the world. But, I am sorry for destroying your world. Thank you so much... and sorry...'

*****((()))*****

She did more to me. She gave me a son and she treated me more than it should be. I was lucky to have her. But, I didn't know if she was lucky to have me. Even if treated her thousands better than she did, it couldn't erase the truth that my father was behind the scene of her pain. I looked at her resting face after she was moved to the general ward. Holding her weak hand that was losing its energy after the labor, I rubbed it for long. Looking at her softness through her weak hand, I shed a tear.

"Thank you so much..." I kissed her hand deeply. 

"Why? Are you crying?" She said in a low voice and made me realize that I couldn't control my tears since the boy was born. The newest truth of my father just a while ago and the birth of my son messed my feeling. It was just like mixing both honey and poison in me. I couldn't feel both feelings without guilt.

"No, I am not..." I wiped my face roughly. "Take a rest! I have to go to the administration first." I said. And again, I left her without words again. 

'I am sorry, Chaeyoon-ah!'

*****((()))*****
I went inside her room after convincing her that she might get a deep sleep like a coward. I wasn't brave enough to meet her eyes ever again. Slowly, I reached her bed as I saw her angelic face sleeping. 

"Thank you... and sorry..." I repeated it. I didn't know how many times I should say that to release a ton of flaming stones in my heart. But, even though I said those words, it already happened and I couldn't change the past. 

-to be continued-

A/N:

Hi everyone here is an update ^^

Thanks for still  reading my stories ^^

Kindly vote, comment, and share with your friends ^^

Meet me again next chapter (^.^)

If I take a long time to update the next chapter, kindly read my other stories: The Binding Angel, Married for Benefit, Through Their Lenses, The Luckiest, and Unseen (On-going). Thank you!
See ya! 

With love, 
Byeol-nim ❤