Chapter 10

UNSEEN (Male Version)

I didn't know what is disturbing me, I couldn't even sleep since I woke up. The short time meeting with her couldn't pay enough my yearn on her. Even though it was still at dawn, I always got excited when the door opened. 'Was it caused by my urge to meet her?' I didn't even feel down when I saw the nurse coming from the opened door and doing a check on me. She caught me getting excited by myself but turned a little bit disappointed when she came. 

"Are you expecting another person to come, Mr?" She came with a tray of vital sign kit and infusion. Clearing my throat out of awkwardness, I peeked at my IV stand and looked at my empty infusion. 
"Are you waiting for your wife, Mr. Hwang?" She said as she changed my infusion. The word wife which also wanted to make a reality sooner made me smile. "You must be into her deeply until the smile couldn't fade away from you," she said and it turned my face to a flat one. 

"It isn't..."

"When I first saw your wife, I could only see her worried face since you were moved to this room." She said after hanging the infusion back to the IV stand. "Is it your first child, Mr?" She asked as cleaning the used infusion and started checking my temperature and blood tension rate. 

"Yes, it is my first child," I said in a low voice. I could feel my heart beating fast as I said that. It was more than I could imagine. It was so thrilling only imagining I would be a soon-to-be father. 

"Is it a boy or a girl?" 

"It is a boy," 

"Congratulations, Mr. I think you should recover the soonest. Because your boy would come weeks to go." She teased which made me nodding shyly. Before she left the room, she teased me for the last that my condition was being much better for a person who just woke up from his comma. My blushing red cheeks when she said that, made undeniable evidence which I couldn't hide. She was right. I realized that time flew fast and with only weeks to go, he would come sooner. That fact warmed my heart until the morning come. 

'I can't wait to see them.'

*****((()))*****

In the morning...

Finally, I could taste her cooking after eating the hospital's food. With her pregnancy and stuff, I could only fall deeper to her. She took her time to come for me in the night even though she was pregnant. Remembering the nurse's words, I looked at her growing tummy. He looked like growing well inside her tummy. Smiling I looked at her who gave me a glass of water to cleanse my palate. I looked at her and mouthed 'thank you' with a smile, but she was already distracted by something. 

"What is she doing here?" A cold voice from my father suddenly came from the main door. It made me scrunching my brows in anger. I looked at Chaeyoon who was frozen after putting a glass of water on the table. I looked at my mother who walked toward him. "Are you behind this?" My father asked her furiously which also raised my anger toward him. 

"Just let it be!" My mother replied and it also was growing up my curiousness about what he meant.

"And what is the meaning of I am paying the bodyguards?" He replied but also thorn my heart. It was only an unbelievable fact that I didn't want to hear. Looking at Chaeyoon frozen gesture just a while ago and her presence last night scattered my heart.

"Bodyguards?" I sighed in disbelief. It didn't make sense. Even an animal would be touched by someone carrying a baby. "Why are you doing that?" I glared at him who was standing with his stick. I didn't even think he would do that far. 

"Jisung-ah, are you stupid? You don't know what will happen to you if I don't ask for bodyguards." Those words hurt me more. He was suspecting Chaeyoon who is pregnant would harm me. I felt stuffed with those words.

"What do you mean by 'what will happen to me'? Do you think Chaeyoon will kill..." I stopped as I realized that I couldn't even spell that words. It was just a ruthless thing to talk in front of her. 

"JISUNG-AH!" He raised his voice. 

"DAD! Don't you ever think the one who should be careful is Chaeyoon after what was happening in the past. I don't need bodyguards, because the one who needed the most is her." I almost burst my tears when saying those. He was being mean to her but he didn't even look at why she betrayed Mount at first.

"You don't know what will..."

"Dad, enough!" 

*****((()))*****

As my parents went out of the room, there were only both of us in the room without having a conversation. I couldn't meet her eyes. This was embarrassing for me. Bodyguard was the most non-sense thing that my father had done. Even though Chaeyoon did wrong to us, but blocking the pregnant woman to visit someone with bodyguards was something vicious. I was lost in my mind when suddenly I felt a hand holding mine gently. 

"At least, we already met. That is fine, I still can meet you." She broke the ice between us since they left. 

"Sorry..." I exhaled my breath while scrunching my face in pain still thinking that it was unbelievable. "Did they hurt you?" 

"Let's not talk about that again!" She said as rubbing my hand which makes me turned my face at her. She was still smiling and trying hard to reassure me. "Why are you talking about something that just passed? Isn't it boring? Let's talk about something new!" 

"Chaeyoon-ah, I truly sorry for what had happened." I stuttered.  

"You were unconscious. Who would be the one to be blamed with?" She smirked as getting up from the chair acting as nothing happened.

"I am..." suddenly, she pecked my lips. 

"I don't want to hear if you talk about it again." She let my hand go and took a glass of water. "I am thirsty, talking with you about it made my throat dry." 

Exhaling my breath deeply, I tried to control my feeling. I should be happy with her right now. We just met and I didn't want anyone to ruin it. Taking deep breaths, I lessened my messed feeling. I looked at her drinking the water, I remembered that she was only feeding me that morning. 

"Aren't you hungry?" 

"Uhm?" She put the water she just gulped and looked at me in puzzled.

"I didn't see you eating,"

"No, I have my breakfast already at home..." 

'Clack'

The door was opened and Taemu was coming with his widened smile. 

"Good morning!" He sprawled his arms widely while coming to us. "Chaeyoon-ssi, you came earlier!" He smiled almost jumping out of his happiness. "Aigoo, my nephew is growing well..." he looked at Chaeyoon belly with a wider smile. 

"Why are you so happy in the early morning?" I asked while scratching my brow to know what he is into that day. He was somewhat mysterious and it was even strange that he was jumping out of happiness without anything decent happened.

"I have good news for you, Director-nim!" He dropped his happily on the bed beside me which made me frowning my brows awkwardly at his sudden weight on my bed.

"Wooden just called us!" He said in excitement and made Chaeyoon frozen next to me. I glared at him who suddenly couldn't get his grip on this situation. As I glared at him, he looked at us cautiously one by one, and gingerly talked about the news. "They decided to keep the relation with Mount. You must not be worried again about that."

"What?" The news eventually questioned me. This was not what I was expected to hear. 

-Flashback- 

The news of me waking up after ten days in unconsciousness actually spread too fast but it wasn't fast enough that I couldn't find Chaeyoon beside me. However, Taemu came to me with a worried face after my mother informed him. Exhaling my breath in disappointment, I tried to look at the man who came to me first other than Chaeyoon. 

"What do you want to say?" I asked when I see him coming with a stiff expression.

"Can I talk about it now?" He said after taking the chair beside me closer to me. 

"What is it about? Ridge wants to take over Mount too?" I guessed the most possible thing why he came with a stiffened face and having no doubt to talk at me even though I just wake up from a comma.

"No, I mean. I don't come here to talk about it when you are still in the hospital." 

"Are you seeing me as a kid? I don't care about this. Tell me what you just knew." I sighed.

"Director-nim. The police just gave me an update about the accident." 

"Why?"

"The driver seemed to be hit you on purpose." He gazed at me seriously while fixing his glasses. "I don't know what is the evidence but they just told me so. What if..."

"What do you mean by 'what if'?" 

"Before the accident, you know the latest issue about the company." He said gingerly while it also made me rubbing my face frustratedly. 

"I know."

"Don't you think that Ha Jonghyun might do that to you?" 

"I don't know. Just let the police unwrapped all." I bit my lower lip tighter. As Taemu said police already gave an update, I also thought that Ha Jonghyun might do that since he doesn't like me at the first meeting, and thing he cut the supply of Wooden for Mount. 

"But, director..." 

"How about Ha Chaeyoon now?" I sighed. 

"She is fine with Hari. Don't worry!" 

"You seem so close with her," I replied lazily didn't want to continue the news that ruined my feeling. It was something I didn't want to believe but, I also couldn't exclude him from the probability of doing that to me.

"Ah...it is because." 

"Have you proposed to her?" I rubbed my brows frustratedly wanted to avoid the topic that drained me.

"Not yet, Uhm..." he cleared his throat awkwardly while I was gazing at him. "I mean..."

"We are men and just let me tell you. Just propose when you have the right time! And now please go from this room. I need a rest." I hardly pulled out my blanket but the pain all over my body still made me flinch. I couldn't think clearly and wanted to lay myself as soon as possible.

"Oh...oh... director." He supported my shoulder as helping me to lay on the bed. 

-End of Flashback- 

"Thanks to you, Chaeyoon-ssi! It might be caused by you." He said gingerly while Chaeyoon only frowning her face and was taken aback at his words. As she was taking a trembling step back, I held her cold hand. 

"Ah, yes!" She stuttered while looking down on the ground. 

"Taemu-ya, can you leave us for a while?" I said while looking at her sudden changing expression worriedly. 

"Alright, director-nim! I also need to leave soon to get company things right." He said while looking at his watch faking the reason to leave.

----

As Taemu left the room, the silence overcame us. She tried releasing my grab but I held her hand tighter. Patting on the bed beside me, I signed her to sit on the bed while looking at me. Without any word, she obediently was sitting down in front of me. 

"Did you do that?" I asked cautiously after looking at her pale face.

"I must go now, Jisung-ssi. I heard the police will come." She gave me a slight smile while diverting her eyes from me. Instead of asking her more, I rubbed her hand tightly with both of my hands. 

"You must be involved. I only hope you never did something that might put you in a problem." I brought her hand closer to me and gave a deep kiss on her soft hand. 

"I should go now. I will be back at night." She said hurriedly and tried to go from me. 

"Are you coming always at night? It is dangerous for you." I looked straight at her in worry. The morning fuss with my father thorn me. Imagining she came at night only to avoid the bodyguards that my father had paid for.

"Jisung-ssi! I am fine right now. Don't make a fuss over a small thing!" She replied while letting out her hand from me in hurry.

"Don't tell me that it was caused by the bodyguard?" I asked as she getting up from the bed. She froze. "Was it?" I added after minutes of silence. 

"It was passed. What is so important to talk about it now?" I saw her biting her lower lip with watery eyes. 

"Did they hurt you when you try to come in?" I asked worriedly but then I saw her slight smile. 

"No, they didn't. Eomo-nim was helping me much that time." 

"Eomo-nim..." I stuttered but it was also warming my heart. 

*****((()))*****

Since Chaeyoon went home, people started coming and going. She said that she should get a rest at home first. And I thought it was a good choice since as everybody knows I just woke up, someone already coming and asked me a bunch of questions about the accident and gave me something that was left on the site. 

The police just told me they found CCTV that caught the view when a car was crashed at me and it still needed further inspection. I answered each question carefully until they mentioned that name. Shin Woohyun. As they spelled that name, I frowned my brows as I knew he was being jailed after trying to harm Chaeyoon in her apartment. 

"He is in jail, isn't he?" I asked gingerly and I saw them clearing their throat uneasily.

"Pardon me?" A man tried to take note of what I was saying. 

"My fiancee already reported him after trying to harm her." 

"I think, that is enough for today. Please take a rest, Jisung-ssi!" They said and gave bows before leaving the room. 

-----

And right after the police left the room, an unpredictable guest coming with his wheelchair and his new secretary. The coldness couldn't be hidden from us since our last meeting. He whispered to his secretary to leave the room and the secretary left us obediently.

"Why are you here?" 

"Can't I? You also visited me the last time I was in the hospital." He smirked.

"What do you want now?" 

"Have you heard about the news?" He asked arrogantly while pulling his wheelchair closer to me. "About the company." He said to the point.

"I have. What is your purpose in doing that? I would never think that you choose to let it go easily, especially for me." 

"She did it for you." I sighed desperately as I could predict that she would do something more for me. "She told you?" He smirked at me. 

"I just knew she would do that."

"What a man!" He clapped as it was a mock for me. "She chose to leave the house."

"She can live in my house, though!" I avoided his deep stare.

"She decided to not be a part of Ridge and Wooden anymore. Isn't it amazing?" He replied seriously which made me turned to look at his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I scrunched my brows in curiousness. I felt that I knew nothing about what happened the past few days since I was unconscious. 

"She chose you more than her family." He gritted his teeth which made me frowning my brows. The news shocked me for nth times as I gulped my throat hardly. "She gave up her revenge. Doesn't it hurt me? The one who sees her in pain for a long time and she let go of her pain just like that? She didn't even get her revenge back." I bit my lower lip to only hearing the painful truth.

"So...," I hesitated. "What is your point to come here?"

"Don't you ever leave her!" He warned me. "And..."

"And?"

"Since I saw her always saying that you know nothing about the incident, I will try to follow her way."

"What do you mean?"

"If the rotten is found, she will get the justice she always waits for so long." 

"I will try but I can't promise anything..." I stuttered. Honestly, I was also scared that Mount really did that to them after the police came and mentioned Shin Woohyun's name.

"Why? Are you scared because it is your company?" He glared at me and hesitated. "I am not that kind. I only do this because of my sister who doesn't want to back at me again while I am worrying her to be on her rival side. And she willingly goes to your side."

"We are in love. It is not about the company." 

"She is also hurt because of your company. Don't you love her? If you love her, you will do anything to get justice for her, right?" I gulped my throat. His intimidated voice made me shiver. "Don't try me! She is my sister. Even though she is with you right now. It doesn't mean you can breathe freely before the truth is revealed. She is still suffering..." he raised a brow. "I think that's all I can say. See you..." he pulled his wheelchair further and left the room. 

*****((()))*****

I was staring through the darkness of my room. His words affected me hard. A bunch of information and none of them reassuring me. Those facts got me speechless. She willingly let out her revenge for me. And it was also got me hurt.

'Clack'

The door was opened and there was her coming with her purest smile. Without mask and head cap covering her face like yesterday. She came to me with a box of meals wrapped in clothing. I didn't know that the purest woman in front of me, already did much to me.

"What is it?"

"I made night snacks for you." She came and pulled the chair closer to my bed.

"Is he fine?" 

"He is fine," She smiled lightly while putting the box on the table beside me. "Do you want to eat the snack now?" She asked. 

"No, I just want to talk with you," I smiled.

"It is strange to hear you saying that," she teased. I could see her blushing cheeks through the dim light.

"You are beautiful," I meant it. She is beautiful inside and out.

"Why? What has happened? I am scared if you talk to me like this," her blunted words cracked me up. 

"I am serious," I held my tears after looking at her face. I should have done something to make her better from the past that haunted her, to lessen her pain, to get a justice for her. "I am always curious when will we can hold the wedding without anything disturbing us, just like this!" And also to take my responsibility to her and our baby. 

"Jisung-ssi," she looked down to the ground avoiding my gaze. It must be hard for her too. Her past that she couldn't forget still haunting her. 

"I always imagine the day we can hold hands, raise our child, and live our life together without something burdening us. Just like a normal couple outside. Will that day come to us?" I said in a low voice. Looking at her limp gesture as I said those words, my heart twitched. Caressing her cheek and lifting her face to look at me, I could see her holding tears eyes. "Can we?" her eyes trembled and a tear escaped from her eye. Her face turned redder as I said that and I brought her lips closer to mine. My eyes closed as I felt her gentle lips moving on mine. 

-to be continued- 

A/N:

Hi everyone here is an update ^^
Thanks for reading my stories ^^
Kindly vote, comment, and share with your friends ^^

Meet me again next chapter (^.^) 
If I take a long time to update the next chapter, kindly read my other stories: The Binding Angel, Married for Benefit, Through Their Lenses, The Luckiest, and Lovely Fluffies (On-going). Thank you!

See ya! 
With love, 
Byeol-nim ❤