Chapter 7

UNSEEN (Male Version)

Standing right in front of her apartment's front door with Taemu, I was waiting for her to come. That night that Uncle Seokjin said about grew up my nerve. Only knowing the fact that Shin Woohyun is lingering to Chaeyoon because he was the most trusted person in Ridge almost put me in a hasty decision, and now Uncle Seokjin with all the plan I didn't know, especially the incident that happened five years ago almost got me crazy. I hoped she would reach this apartment first before Shin Woohyun started the plan. I was trying to put my belief in Hari who willingly followed her from the company until she reached the apartment even though it was still making me worry. 

The fact that Hari was taking a martial arts class, convinced me to let her protecting Chaeyoon for that time. I didn't know what she was thinking but, the past months she was with us, I felt that she wasn't a bad person and I hoped it would take forever. She said that she would follow Chaeyoon from the company from afar. Putting my trust in her, I agreed with her decision.

The silence in the apartment helped me to know what was happening outside better. Turning off the lamp, I tried to make Shin Woohyun wouldn't realize our presence when he came inside. The heel's steps were coming near with a careful step. Straightening my back, I was ready for anyone who came first. The steps turned in a rush which made me let the door opened slightly to peek at the hallway to see what is happening. I can see Chaeyoon was running with the black attire's men were walking fast behind her. Signaling to Taemu who was in front of me to get ready, I let the door easily opened. And as she reached the door and opened it with her trembling body, I hugged her from behind with my hand covering and dragged her to the bathroom before the men caught her. I locked the bathroom's door while listening to Taemu was fighting with the men I didn't know. 

Not long after that, I heard Hari coming and helping Taemu to fight them. The sound of things was being broken filled the apartment that night. The fight was going intense so did the person in my hug. With her stiffened body, she was trying to be free from my hug by trying to let my hand go from her baby bump. 

"Don't make a sound!"  Instead of letting my hand goes, I made my hug tighter. The sound of her can make the men catch her if Taemu and Hari couldn't handle them. Pulling her far from the door, I covered her petite body in case the men could enter the bathroom. 

Fortunately, the whisper in her ear slowly lessened her nerve and I could hear her deep breath exhaled in relief.

"That's over!" 

After a while, I heard Taemu and Hari shouted. Releasing my hug, I opened the locked door and stopped in front of the laid two men's bodies with their hands tied with fabrics under Taemu and Hari. All of them with the bruises and the mess. My eyes roamed through the apartment that was in a mess and them in change. 

"Shin Woohyun-ssi." Her soft-shocked voice turned my head to her. Her worry could be seen as she knew that the most trusted person in Ridge was one of the people who did the mess to her and her family. Starting from now, we would take the betrayer one by one like taking the thorn in the flesh.

*****((()))*****

Like we had planned before, I already called the police after I got the information from Hari that there were two men following Chaeyoon. And without any longer, the police had already reached the apartment. The men were handled by police and brought to the police. The last was Chaeyoon should be the one who makes the report since she was the one who almost got harmed. 

I was walking back and forth while waiting for Chaeyoon to report to the police station with Taemu and Hari. I was looking at the two people with their bruises who were sitting on the couch in the lobby, my brows raised in worry. Even Hari, who was a stranger willingly learns martial arts only to protect her. If she weren't learning it, I couldn't imagine what will happen to Chaeyoon. 

"Thanks, Taemu-ya and Hari-ssi!" 

"That's fine, Director!" he smiled while trying to hold his pain from the bruises. I knew him, and he felt proud instead of pain especially in front of Hari. Clearing my throat, I peeked at Hari with her bruises. I flinched uneasily. She is a woman though. 

"Taemu-ya, where would they live after this?" I asked remembering the mess couldn't be fixed only in hours after this, especially it was almost midnight. 

"Chaeyoon-ssi would be with you, Director. And Hari-ssi would be with me?" He said casually with his reddened face. I can see a hint of his sudden blushing cheeks. Gulping my throat uneasy, I looked at Hari. As she knew what I meant, she smiled at me. 

"That's fine, Director. Chaeyoon-ssi needs someone who will always be with her. And I will come with Taemu-ssi." 

*****((()))*****

I didn't know that it would be a good choice or not but seeing her stiffened body after coming to my bedroom, scrunching my heart. Her frozen state raised my guilt. She looked traumatized only coming to my house. Her gaze was empty and it was hurting me. As we reached the bed, I let her take a seat at the bedside. She was still there, her own world I didn't know. Empty gaze, weak body, and deep sigh.

Couldn't help with the sudden awkwardness, I left her alone and went to the kitchen. Taking the cold water from the fridge, I wet my throat. I knew it would be this awkward since then. Since she left me without words. Only looking at her empty gaze, I could turn back the view when I felt betrayed. When she left me without words when we were just fine a day before. I can feel that. Both pain in my mind also the happiness to see she was here again. I didn't know when the two feelings always overlapped with each other, but I felt those at the same time. The feeling that somewhat dropped me down that also excited me. Lessening my sudden aroused feeling, I took a deep breath trying to act normal. 

"Thanks, Jisung-ssi," she whispered while putting the glass on the bedside table slowly.

Instead of answering, I smiled at her and pulled out a strand of hair of her. The simple act that I missed.

"Have a good rest!" I said after looking at her tired face. 

The incident that day might drain her much especially she is pregnant. Trying to give her time for herself, I wake up and went to another room. I realized, even we were now together, we can't hide the fact that we were in a different situation. I couldn't just force myself to be in the same room as her. At least for now, I would take another room. She needed the rest for herself and our baby.

"Jisung-ssi!" Unconsciously, I felt her hand holding mine, that I hoped she was telling me to not go away from her. Gulping my throat from the nerve that suddenly came. I tried to lessen the sudden excitement I waited for so long. Loving someone is not something that I can control, but having her on my side is something that I always wish for. Peeking at her carefully, I saw her teary eyes with confusion. Confusion that I didn't know where it comes. Hesitated, I took a seat beside her once again. 

"Why? Do you miss me?" I bluntly said the thing that I really want to say. The situation between us was something that made me can't control what I say. Hoping she would answer the question, my heart was scrunched waiting for her. But, instead of that, we froze when our eyes.

'Am I hoping too much about this?'

I felt her pain from her teary eyes. Even though we didn't say anything. The raising nerve was so real. Her teary eyes and pain I can see through her eyes. Hiding my over-aroused heart, I bent down and caressing her baby bump to divert the pain from us.

"Uhm, do you miss me, my child? You must be shocked and tired today. How about you take a rest? Don't worry! Daddy will always beside you." I lowered my voice to talk to her baby bump while caressing it lightly. Suddenly, I felt a kick came from her baby bump. Sighing in awe of the baby's movements, I felt proud to notice this. And the small kick that made her hand wrapped mine in sudden. She must be in awe too, right now. The overwhelming feeling that came from us, tickled my heart. Even though we are in pain, we got the same happiness. The baby inside her.

'Is this that so-called loving someone even though I still can't meet her/him?'

"How smart you are! Yes, this is Daddy's voice. Daddy is proud of you." I said while giving a peck to him or her. I couldn't hide my excitement for her/ him. This was only the time I can feel this close with her and also our baby.

'I am here, waiting for you.' 

My tear suddenly escaped when I was still in my awe. When I was still at the moment, I felt her hand on my hair, caressing it gently. Scrunching my brows in disbelief, I hide my excitement that almost bursting out my tears. The soft-touch of her who was willingly doing that after the mess between us. The long-awaited when she was holding it by herself. 

I pulled my head to get the same eye level as hers and tried to look for what she was trying to tell me. Instead of getting the answer, I saw her teary eyes filled with remorse and the pain I didn't know. Until I felt her lips on me. Giving a deep kiss while deepening it with her soft hand that covers my jaw. As she moved her lips, her hand rubbed my jaw lightly.  

'Am I dreaming?'

Stiffened, I couldn't tell what I was feeling right now. So many emotions came in one day. After a while, she pulled out her lips and lowered her gaze. Still couldn't let it go right now, I held her hand tightly and my hand on her baby bump moved on to her waist. Pulling her closer, I crashed my lips on hers. Even at this time, I couldn't tell what feeling I was into it. My tears escaped even though I was smiling.

*****((()))*****

We were sleeping next to each other on the same bed. Without much words, I can feel she became more comfortable being with me again after months passed. It made me happier and also I could let myself be as comfortable as I did when I was with her. I put my head on her neck snuggled on it while she was caressing my hair.

I was sleeping on her left side while she was caressing my hair gently with her right hand while I was embracing her waist tightly, like a son hugging his mother when he was asleep. The silence somewhat calming me after the cold silences we passed before. No one could describe my feeling. The one I know, I can make her closer to me without an invisible wall that she built, get in our way.

Only sleeping without doing anything. If it was before the incident when I found out Chaeyoon betrayed me by spying on my company, we would spend our time longer on the bed only to have a conversation about the simplest thing we have been through that day. Laughing, teasing, and mocking before having a deep sleep while hugging each other. But for today, only having her back to me is enough for me. 

"Don't stop!" I said when I felt her hand leaving my hair. Pulling her hand back to my hair, I held her hand tightly, being possessive. 

"Haven't you slept?" she said softly freezing after hearing my cracked voice. 

"Uhm..." I nodded with my eyes closed. Ignoring my words, she turned into caressing my jaw and I felt she nodded her head to be the same level as mine. 

"Why don't you shave?" She asked after rubbing my jaw with the grown beard. "You hate this." 

"I don't know." 

The long silence overcame us again while she was still caressing my jaw gently. We still needed time to get used to interacting with each other again. I also didn't know what kind of word that I should say after long cold silence. 

"Jisung-ssi."

"Uhm..."

"The news about you..." 

"Can you just talk about what we are doing, right now?" I gritted my teeth right after hearing her question.

The long silence overcame us again. I can't let our precious time be ruined by the main problem we got right now. I mean we needed to solve that but not now. It wasn't the right time. I still needed her to be with me as a lover, not a rival. 

"I still don't know the baby's gender." She changed the topic which tickled me. She did know what topic I always love to discuss with her. 

"Why?" I asked while trying hard to open my sleepy eyes to look at her.

"I don't know," she replied while shutting her eyes tight. Sighing in disbelief, I looked at her angelic face that was trying to get a good sleep with her lips tugged into a slight smile. I didn't know when was the last time I was facing her while I am sleeping until today is coming. Pulling the blanket, I hugged her closer. 

"Should I accompany you there?" I whispered and getting a nod from her in my hug. 

"Should I shave the beard?" she replied in a low voice. 

"Sure," I said and giving a night kiss on her forehead. 

At least for a night, we got a chance to be like lovers again. 

*****((()))*****

In the morning...

Even though I couldn't cook better than her, I tried making a pancake I used to make when I was living alone. Flipping the pancake on the pan and pouring an orange juice in the glass, I was waiting for her to come after she got a shower. I flipped the last pancake and turning the stove off. I placed the pancake on the plate on the table behind me and clean the mess before she was coming. 

Not long after that, I saw Chaeyoon coming near with the bathrobe and I can clearly see her baby bump showing to let the people know its presence. Welcoming her with a smile, I dragged her softly to my side and gave a morning kiss on her lips' right side. 

"Good morning," 

Without answering, she only smiled at me. 

"You cooked." She said awkwardly looking at the plate I just put on the table.

"Why? Is it strange to look at me cooking?" I asked while winking my eye teasing her. Without any word, she took a seat in front of the plate that I serve. 

"Orange juice as usual," I raised my brow looking straight at her.

"Thanks, Jisung-ssi..." she nodded and took a bit of the pancake with the fork. 

-----

After having breakfast, she took the plate to the sink while I snatched it from her hand. 

"Just take a rest in the living room!" I asked furrowing my brows at her. She pleaded at me with her eyes at first but then I flinched my face to tell her that I hate that.

Obediently, she left the kitchen. The living room wasn't far away from the kitchen where I still can see her sitting on the couch while playing with the remote. As the TV , I can hear the news about me. The same news as yesterday. I cursed at the media who didn't get tired of the news. The news got worse every day as I heard another topic about me being discussed. My hand stopped to clean the dishes. The news was actually the same as before but being overtalked. Talking about the director of Mount who was unable to keep his company after he became the director, the director's capability, and the failed director. Biting my lip in anger, I came to the living room and snatched the remote from her hand. Turning the TV off, I force my smile and looked at her sincerely. 

"I thought it will be better if you take a rest in the bedroom. Yesterday was a tiring day for you, and you should recover on the weekend. Let's go!" I led her way to the bedroom by hugging her shoulder ignoring the fact we just heard the awkward news that might put us away for nth times.  

"Jisung-ssi, we couldn't avoid this topic forever." She stopped her way while mumbling. Ignoring her words, I continued leading her to the bedroom. 

"Jisung-ssi..."

"Stop it, Chaeyoon-ah!" I raised my voice while releasing my hand from her shoulder. But as I predicted, she bravely looked at me with her teary eyes. 

'!' I scrunched my face in anger. 

Gulping my throat, I tried to lessen my emotion. After got better, I put my palms back to her shoulders slowly. 

"Jisung-ssi, we should talk about this!" She said once again with her hand trying to reach my jaw. 
Gritting my teeth in anger and tightening my jaw, I held her hand and snatched it. 

"We wouldn't..."

"Jisung-ah!"

Suddenly, I heard my mother's voice from the main door with her hand covered looking at me after snatching Chaeyoon's hand. 

-to be continued-