Chapter 2

UNSEEN (Male Version)

My mind was spinning after Go Director from The Financial Department was called by the police. I hold up my weighting head after hearing the facts he just said while my hands clasping on the table. Taking a deep breath I was trying to relieve my stress. 

"Director..." I heard Taemu hesitating calling me. I knew he was shocked too after hearing the fact. 

"Teemu-ya, Can you just leave me alone first today? Please reschedule today's appointment and let me understand this situation first!" I muttered in low voice helplessly.

"Yes, Director..." he said and left the room closed. I pushed the button to let my windows were covered by the curtain. I didn't want my broken side was shown to people except for her. 

'Her?'

Suddenly, my heart ached only thinking about her. Leaving me alone without words and giving me a big surprise in the early morning which I had never thought about before. I leaned my back to my chair frustratedly while wrapping my eyes from the light that pierce through the glass window outside of my room with my arms. I used to like watching the view from my room, especially in the decent light. But, only this day I wanted to drown myself in darkness. 

The light that carried the purest happiness I never thought. Coming to my life without complaint. I still can feel it. Her soft hand was grabbing my hand to follow her who was wearing the white dress that was flying because of the beach breeze. Her long hair swayed and her smooth strain of hair messing her smiling face calling for me. I can still feel my hands covering her petite waist and lifting her that caused her to scream in between the beach waves. Even the way she smiles is still defined deeply in my memories. 

I sighed while scrunching my face. My throat was drained since I heard about her today. Not long after I found her gone. 

I was still yearning for the way we are playing on the couch, cuddling, kissing until we were drowning in our little world that only we know. I was feeling, we still can do that for a long time. The fact that we are engaged and closed to the most crucial thing in my life, giving a new hope to build a family that I never thought of before. 
My mother especially fell for her at the first sight. As the only heir and only son, she welcomed her like a daughter warmly. She treated her as much as she loved me. 

'But, what will she react about this?'

My jaw tightened. 

'How can she do that?' 

*****((()))*****

I drove my car to wherever my hands bring me to. My head was turning empty when driving my car through the darkness. On such a day I felt lost and betrayed at the same time. I let my hands took a charge of me when my brain wasn't working. 

The part I regret was my hands brought me to the beach I usually go to with her. Parking my car at the nearest seaside under the palm tree. Pulling out my seatbelt while adjusting my seat to take a break from the burden I hold that day. I let the wind blowing to my face after opening the car roof. 

"Arrghhhhhhhh..." I heard my screams wrecked the quiet in the beach letting out my grudges I hold the whole day. I covered my eyes with my arm trying to calm myself. My heart was thumping hard this day. I can't help. My jaw tightened when the portray of her lingered in my mind.

I was denying all the facts Uncle said, but then I found the evidence myself in my room. When she was trying to open my safe deposit box when I was away. The pain I could never imagine would be this hurt. She betrayed me for something I still didn't know. Even she was looking for my deposit box, she didn't take anything important from it.

'What was she thinking about?'

The wind was breezing through my messiness. If I were coming in a good mood I would enjoy the moment myself. My fist tightened on the steer out of nowhere.

The footage I was seeing that day gave me a mixed feeling. The footage diminished my longing for her but also boosted my anger toward her. I didn't expect she would do such a thing. I thought she was innocent who tried to be bold. 

Despite all those facts, myself was mocking me badly which tugged my lips into a faintly smile. When I believed I have found my other half, she betrayed me. 'Am I a joke for her?' 

The dumbest thing I have done was easily put my heart to someone I thought would be forever on my side. 

"You liar, Chaeyoon-ah..." I sighed imagining from my darkness with her presence. Her beauty inside that was already clasping to my empty heart back then, turning my way from those es. And now I can't even differ her from those es. She is the worst.

I was enjoying my routine back then. Playing with women's hearts without feeling and knocking them easily were my daily routines. However, she fearlessly changed me and left me without a doubt. She left me without traces. Her phone number also inactivated since I knew the news in the company. 

"You liar, Chaeyoon-ah!" I sighed in disbelief. 

-----

I woke up with the chirping sounds from the birds around me. The sunlight that started arising blinded my eyes. I opened my arm to see the sunrise in front of me. I felt my body sore as I realized I was sleeping in my car last night.

"Young man..." a voice was coming from my left side. I looked at the old aged woman with her smile greeting me with a warm smile. Her familiar pure smile got my back straightened in instant. 

"Grandmother," I scratched my head uneasily when I saw her warm presence caught myself sleeping in my car.

"Let's have something to warm you, Young man!" she said as leading me to follow her limping steps. I got off of my car and followed her from behind. She brought me to a small family restaurant that was still being closed. The place I often visited when we were there.

"Where is she, Young Man?" she asked looking at me after we entered the restaurant. Again, the word about her hit me hard and everything seemed mocking at me while showing the memories about her for times this day in my mind. Even hearing her name to be called scrunching my heart.

"I came alone, Grandmother..." I replied with a faintly smile.

"Are you two fighting?" she asked.

"Maybe." 

"That is normal for a couple to fight. Take a seat! I will make something to warm yourself. You must be cold after sleeping outside," she let me took a seat while waving her hand to the table before she went to her kitchen. I look around me and there I took a seat in the usual place I took when I was with her. 

I was dazing for a moment. Turning on my phone I tried to get my grip that day. Right after I opened the phone bunch of miss calls was coming from Taemu. I was having no intention to call him back. So, I scrolled to find a message from him. 

'Director, Should I cancel for today's schedules too?' he asked. 

'Just keep going! Will be there at noon." I messaged him. 

I called her number again in hope that she didn't really change her number. After times of calling, she still didn't call me back. 

-----

Trying to get my grasp I walked toward the nearest sink and wetting my face with the water. The reflection of the tired pale face man full of hatred and chaos in his eyes. My grip tightened on the sink as I saw a ring on my left ring finger. Holding my breath hard and trying to act like I usually did. I froze when I look in the mirror. 

"Young man... this is your breakfast!" I stared at grandmother's reflection was walking limply in the mirror behind me. Walking toward her and pulling the tray by myself. 

"Let me take it, Grandmother..." I uttered my words as polite as I can to her. My ruined feeling couldn't exactly control myself that time. 
Taking a seat in front of me, she looked at me pathetically. 

"I am fine, Grandmother..." I replied knowing her meaning as I took a spoonful of tofu stew she served. Even the dish's taste reminded me of her. Not even 48 hours she was lost in front of my eyes, the memory of her was still trying to mess my mind. I sighed as my upper lip tugged in a smirk. 

"I always look at you two with a pleased feeling but, why is this time it turned into a gloomy one?" she asked looking at me who was eating the dishes that taste like hers hungrily. I didn't know or even I forgot what was the last time I got a proper meal yesterday making me in rush taking the meal. "Young man, hmm..." she took a deep sigh when I had no motive to reply to her question. "You're engaged to her already," she added which makes me looked at my left hand stopping my way on eating. This kind of question was what I hate so much when it comes to my state right now. "I have been looking at you since last night outside. I wanted to come but you looked devastated." I stopped my meal. 

"I am fine, Grandmother!" I raised my voice when she recalled me about last night. The most thorning moment for me which I hated so much.

"If it is possible, have a good talk with her!" She took a deep breath before leaving me alone.

*****((()))*****

A month later...

I had been looking for her those days after she left. Without her presence, I feel empty. I wanted to try asking her about her reason for leaving me and doing several frauds in my company easily. 
Of course, my wedding was canceled. Who would marry someone when the bride was nowhere to be found. Giving up on calling her, I collected all the evidence of her trying to steal pieces of information about my company when she first touched my room. Calling for hackers to restore the footages that had been deleted by someone that might be her. 

Need a month when the footage were well-collected. It showed how she roamed all the rooms when someone wasn't around. I laughed at my stupidity. 'How can a Cassanova be fooled by an innocent?'  

I didn't know that too. 

My family?

Of course, he blamed me for this situation but, not my mother. My father was blaming me especially when he knew her past as my secretary and also after knowing the news about her stealing some important files from Uncle. Different from my father, my mother kept thinking that Chaeyoon had something that made her act that way. She was still hoping for me to meet her in person and have a deep talk. 'Woman would encourage each other, right?'

I realized my stupidity here. I shouldn't be easily shaken by women. Thanks to Chaeyoon. I should be careful ahead or maybe I should back to my way. The time when I felt everything was all set. Without experiencing this kind of . 

"She was also looking for something in my workroom in my house." I sighed after watching the footage that was played on my monitor with Taemu who was standing right beside my chair. I also checked the in my house after she left. She really left me without traces. Strangely, she didn't delete the footage in my house or my room in the company.

"What is her purpose though?" I furrowed my brows while covering my lips with my clasping hands on the table.

"The files on my table are also still there," Taemu mumbled beside me. His statement raised my brow skeptically. 

"Which files were lost?" I asked him. 

"I don't know. But, if Go Director said that some files were missing, shouldn't it be the important one? Or maybe the files in Go Director's Department?" he looked as puzzled as me. My finger knocked the table frustratedly. 

"Do you know her background already?" I asked. The most important thing that should be looking for at the first. The way she started coming to the company.

"Except for her CV, I couldn't find some strange information. She looked well-prepared before coming, Director." 

He said that while hesitating and gingerly informing me of the news. She was indeed a smart one. Even at the first, she was trying to fake it all in front of me. 

"She left without traces, too." I sighed in disbelief looking at the footage that was playing on the monitor which raised my heartbeat. Also when she opened each shelf carefully. She looked professional and calm when she did that. Another weird thing was my heart was still longing for her when I watched the footages one by one. 

', I miss her!'

Looking at her trying to be y was shown on the monitor when she first touched the company. Showing how hard she was trying to catch my attention and I was trapped by her innocence. 

"But, I thought she wouldn't be that bad, Director." He added. 

"How can you be sure?" I said while my eyes were gluing to the monitor. Even I also wanted that she would never be that bad. 

"She loves you..." he added which makes me smirk. 

"How can you think about that even after she was messing with me?" I asked. 

"I am just feeling she is a good person, Director."

"Don't give me such hope!" I mumbled feeling annoyed out of sudden.

A knocking sound was coming shifting our focus from the monitor. Go Director was coming inside after knowing us staring at him. He bowed to me slightly like he used to be. 

"Young master..." he greeted me. 

"What is happening, Uncle?" 

"Wooden's Company informed that they will end the contract to supply our needs and they are willing to pay the penalty." 

"What do you mean?" I scrunched my brows feeling irritated with the bad news that I thought kept appearing as time goes by.  Even I still couldn't find Chaeyoon who was spying on company and all the files that were missing. 

"The Company was already taken over by Ridge Company, Director." 

"What do you mean? The Director is still in his critical state," I convinced him with the very logical news nowadays.

"They have someone to take over the position when he was in a critical state." 

"What is their purpose in doing this? What is their reason to mess up with us?" 

"The files that were missing mostly are the financial's report of Mount five years ago,"  he explained which also aroused my interest.

"What the heck with five years ago? What is so important?" 

"Young master, we should solve the Wooden's first. Since they are our material's supplier or the production of furniture would be stopped." he ended the talk and leaving me after bowing without giving further explanation.

Right after he lost from my sight, I slammed the table hardly. The bad news that kept coming boiled me inside.  

"Taemu-ya... Let's go to Wooden first!" 

*****((()))*****

I walked toward the Director's room of Wooden at a fast pace with Taemu behind me. Ignoring the shocking faces of the workers over there I went straight to the director's room. Before I reached the door, a man crossed his hand and hold me to go to the room. 

"I am sorry, Mr. Have you got an appointment before?" he asked me while covering the door behind his back. 

"I want to talk with the Director..."

"But, you should have an appointment first, Mr." I said while holding his collar high. I pushed him to the wall. 

"Your Director is the one who should know what is a commitment first." I hold his collar up and threw him aside. Falling aside, I saw Taemu catching him. 

I smirked and opened the door forcefully. Right after I looked at the director's chair, my legs suddenly lost their strength. I saw a woman was looking at the files in front of her. 

My heart was beating hard when she took a glance at the one that came inside her room. Feeling like I am losing my sanity, I smirked at her presence. Her presence that I was longing for so long. She stopped her activities and tidied her table calmly as nothing had happened before even I realized her shocking face in a second.

"Where is Jang Director?" I asked the latest Director while tightening my jaw holding my anger toward her.

"I am the new Director here," She said which made me narrowing my eyes in disbelief. 

"Is there something wrong, Director?" she added with the soft voice I was dreaming for these days.

Looking at her calmness, I sighed in disbelief while looking at her. I lost for words. She was the one who made me feel hatred and yearning at the same time. I need to talk with her. Not wanting someone disturbing us, I closed the door behind me harshly and walked in her direction. 

"Director, this is my company!" she was trying to be firm as she stood up from her chair. Her keen stares scrunched my heart. Leaving an inch closer, I brought her in my embrace forcefully. 
She froze like me when I locked her tightly in my embrace.

I scrunched my brows trying to hold up my tears when she didn't budge from my hug. 

"You... Why did you do that?" I held my groan which I would have done when the director wasn't her. Even for myself, I didn't know what was I talking about. 'Is that about the cancellation or us?'

"Director, this is my company. Please behave!" she replied coldly which thorning my heart more.

"You should be the one who behaves at first!" I gritted my teeth as tightening the grab on her neck.

"Director!" She raised her tone higher while pushing my body that wrapped her even tighter.

"We are not over yet! You owe me an explanation!" I threatened her as holding her whole body tightly, talking right on her ear.

"I don't owe you anything. We are over." she pushed my body harshly but I held her left hand tightly with mine before she was gone too far from me again. I brought the hand closer to convince something. I sighed in disbelief when I saw my ring was still on my finger meanwhile she had no ring on her finger. 

"Such an Irony, Ms. Chaeyoon..." I gazed at her watery red eyes deeply full with hatred.

-to be continued-

A/N
Enjoy the story ^^
With love,
Byeol-nim ❤