| How Tall Are You?

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day One, Ueno Park. 




 

 

 

"This is like…very aesthetic. I bet my instagram would be filled with all the pictures of me and this background." Yuna said as she took another pic of herself in front of the cherry blossom tree.

"There's a lot of street entertainers here too, right?" Chaeryeong asked. 

"Yup." Aeri nodded at her. "There's a lot of them in Taito Ward. Actually, there's also a lot of art galleries and temples too."

"We should visit them!" Jisu happily exclaimed. 

"We would, Jisu. Now calm down." Yeji chuckled. 

"There's a lot of people here, though…" Ryujin muttered while looking around. "Is there any ongoing occasion?"

"Ah, no. Ueno Park usually gets crowded by mid-afternoon. So, we kind of went here at the wrong time but," Aeri faced them. "It's okay,  right?"

All of them nodded. It's more than okay, seeing the place gets appreciated by lots of people too.

Ryujin was looking around the whole place with a smile on her face, until her eyes caught something.

She couldn't help but to chuckle.

"Aigoo~"

There's Ningning, there's Jimin, then there's Minjeong who's in between the two. Ningning and Jimin look calm, while Minjeong look…stressed.

"Pup, do you feel tired already? Are you feeling thirsty? I have a bottle of water here." Ningning gestured to the bag she's carrying. 

Minjeong smiled lightly and shook her head. "I'm fine."

"Mindeongie…" Jimin said beside her. "Do you feel cold? I can offer you my jacket."

Minjeong looked at her and repeated the words. "I'm fine."

"Jimin!" Aeri suddenly called the girl. "Look, there's a temple! I'll show you!"

Aeri pulled Jimin away, leaving the others a bit behind them.

Ryujin glanced at Minjeong, seeing how the latter is secretly staring at the two. 

She shook her head.

'They are making this complicated.'

Ryujin might be the loud and annoying soccer player that she is, but she's not naive. She's aware of what's happening.

She might be more aware than Minjeong, for all she knows. 

Ningning likes Minjeong, Ryujin can sense that since the start. The girl literally takes care of Minjeong like the latter can't take care of herself. Who wouldn't suspect something from her? It's very obvious. 

Aeri likes Jimin. It was said from the start. And now Aeri is just probably preparing herself right now to ask Jimin on a date. 

But what about Minjeong and Jimin?

Jimin is very…suspicious, that's for sure. For all the lunch breaks and hangouts that they spent together, Ryujin could notice that. She doesn't know if Minjeong does, though. 

The thing is, Jimin always goes to Minjeong. She always does. No matter how many they are as a group, she would always approach Minjeong. 

That's why Ryujin really wants Minjeong to fight for her feelings, because there's a chance. Ryujin knows that there's a big chance for the both of them.

But she understands Minjeong's reason, she really does.

Minjeong might be a coward, but that's what you do from constantly avoiding the pain that you might get. She's always comparing herself to Aeri, and she could never imagine herself with Jimin. She's always thinking about what Aeri has that she doesn't.

And the only solution that Ryujin can think of right now, is that Jimin should confess first.

That is, if Jimin really likes Minjeong.

But truthfully, Ryujin doesn't know what's going on with Jimin and Aeri right now. She doesn't know what happened after the confession because Aeri and Jimin talked privately.

Something is definitely going on.

"Babe."

"Ryujin."

"Okay, Geez." Ryujin faced her. "Yeji…"

"What?" 

"Does Jimin have a crush on someone?" 

Yeji looked at her. "Why would you ask?" 

"Just asking. I mean she's pretty and all—" She saw Yeji's stare at her. "But you're the prettiest in my eyes, Yeddeong."

Yeji shook her head. "Go on."

"Okay so, as I said she's pretty. A lot of people are already falling for her. But I'm wondering if she has fallen for someone now."

"She has."

"Really?" Ryujin is now intrigued.

"That someone is here actually." Yeji chuckled. 

"Am I really close with that someone?"

"Yup."

"Is she taller or shorter than me?"

"You have the same height as hers."

Ryujin pondered.

'Does Minjeong have the same height as mine? Or is it Aeri?'

"Can you define what kind of person she is?"

Yeji gave her a teasing smile. "Then that would be very obvious, Ryuddaeng."

"Ugh, why can't you just tell me?"

"You need to hear it from Jimin first."

"Huh?" Ryujin looked at her. "Does Jimin have a plan on confessing or something?"

Yeji just shrugged, as if she didn't know anything. But based on the smug look she's having right now, she definitely knows something.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter