| Defy All Odds

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, do you want cheese or barbecue flavored?"

"None of the above."

"Pink pringles, how about it?"

"Uhm, no."

Minjeong turned to her. "No?"

Jimin chuckled. "I told you I don't usually eat snacks, Mindeongie."

The girl shrugged and put the other chips back on the shelf. "Completely forgot about it, sorry."

Jimin just smiled. 

"I remembered," Minjeong took a pack of gummies. "I still haven't treated you yet. I could've done it when we bought pizza last time."

"Then just treat me next time."

"Why not now?" Minjeong was confused. 

"Just because." The taller girl shrugged. Minjeong eyed her weirdly before looking away.

"…Okay."

Minjeong walked away and Jimin followed her. She was busy looking at the snacks, rationally thinking about the food that she will buy this time.

Suddenly, an arm s around her waist, pulling her back. 

"Careful," Jimin whispered, dangerously near her ear. "There's a spilled drink on the floor."

Minjeong silently looked down on the floor, noticing a spilled cola in front of her.

"Oh."

Jimin's arm is still around her waist. And she was just stuck there, standing stiffly. 

"Are you finished?"

"H-huh?"

"Are you finished picking snacks?"

"Oh, uhm…" Minjeong looked at the snacks in her hands. "Yeah, I guess."

"Let's go?"

"Okay."

They went to the counter. Jimin is still holding her. 

Minjeong paid for the food and they both went out of the store.

Jimin's arm never left her waist. 

And Minjeong didn't mind it, not that she noticed because she's happily looking at the snacks she bought, already excited to eat it. 

"So, where to?"

Minjeong looked up immediately. 

"What?"

"Where should we go next?" Jimin smiled.

'We?'

"I was…I was planning to go home." The short haired girl absentmindedly muttered. 

Jimin formed a pout. "Aw, that's a bummer."

"W-why?"

"I wanted to spend time with you."

"Spend time with me?"

"Why?" The taller one asked. "Is it a problem?"

"N-no…"

Actually, it is. 

It's a problem, a big one. 

Didn't Minjeong say earlier that she still wants to avoid Jimin for the meantime? 

But here she is, slowly getting weak over Jimin's cute pouty face.

How can she resist that? Can anyone actually resist that?

Or is she just too whipped to resist?

Either way, Minjeong couldn't bring herself to say no to Jimin. It's always a yes when it comes to the girl.

Sometimes she wonders if that is a good thing or not. 

"I don't think I'm dressed well enough to go to other places." Minjeong said with honesty. She's only wearing black soccer shorts and a red sweater.

Jimin is wearing jeans and a crop top hoodie. The same clothes that she wore when she went to school earlier.

Minjeong looked up at Jimin, noticing that the latter was still pouting. She chuckled.

'She's so cute.'

"How about this…" Minjeong trailed off. "I'm planning to have a movie marathon tonight. Wanna watch with me?"

"You mean, we will hangout in your house?"

"Yup."

Jimin beamed a smile. "Sure!"

Minjeong stared at her with the same smile.

'Let me just enjoy this. Even just for tonight.'



 

____



 

 

"Why am I even doing this?" Minjeong mumbled to herself. But unbeknownst to her, a small smile is already plastered on her face. 

"It's fun, trust me." Jimin grinned at her.

"We're seriously gonna get banned for this."

"You look like a kid, they won't bother that much."

"Yuji!"

Jimin laughed loudly. 

They are currently at the grocery store. Since Minjeong offered a Movie marathon, it means that Jimin is also gonna stay for dinner at her house. So Jimin, being the kind and charming girl she is, suggested that she would cook dinner for the two of them.

Minjeong quickly agreed.

As soon as they got inside the grocery store, Jimin immediately took a cart and asked Minjeong to ride it.

The short haired girl declined at first, but Jimin's playful smile just tells her that she doesn't have a choice but to oblige. 

And so she's here, sitting inside the cart while Jimin is pushing it. 

The taller girl wasn't wrong, Minjeong does look like a kid inside that cart. 

"It's not that bad." Minjeong muttered to herself when the cart moved. 

Jimin heard her.

"See?"

Minjeong rolled her eyes playfully before pointing at a certain area near them. 

"That's the pasta section." Jimin will cook carbonara, as per Minjeong's request. 

Jimin pushed the cart while slightly running, which made the girl inside the cart jolt.

"Y-yuji! Slow down!"

"Sorry, sorry!" Jimin giggled. 

"You're definitely enjoying this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter