| Who She Deserves

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong doesn't feel like a third wheel. 

Instead, she feels like a bystander. A stranger who's watching how things go. How Aeri and Jimin talk to each other. How Aeri blushes whenever Jimin smiles at her. How their giggles can be heard even from where Minjeong stands. 

Minjeong didn't want to follow them when they got inside the same convenience store where everything happened. Although her feelings for Jimin is just a small crush, it doesn't mean that Minjeong isn't affected. 

She is. 

Not extremely, but she still is. 

To avoid getting more affected with the situation, she swiftly moved far away from them. Aeri and Jimin are at the snacks Area while Minjeong is at the drinks section, trying to find an apple juice.

She kept herself busy, not glancing at the two even once. She blocks all the noises that she hears except for the relaxing music that is playing inside the convenience store. 

No flask can keep it,
Bubble up and cut right through
But you're someone I believe in
You heat me like a filament,
Anytime you're in the room
But you burned me and I'm smoking

"I just wanted you to watch me dissolve, slowly…" Minjeong quietly sang along when the chorus came. 

She opened the juice fridge when she saw a bottle of apple juice from the very back. While doing so, she didn't notice that there's someone who's already standing behind her. 

"In a pool full of your love…"

But I don't even know how the chemistry works
When you're poolside
Kicking in the dirt, kicking in the sand

"And stirring up trouble—"

"You have a good voice."

"Eep!" Minjeong flinched as she quickly turned around to look at Jimin.

The girl couldn't help but to smile at that cute act. 

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I just heard someone singing, turns out it's you."

"Where's Aeri?"

"She went outside, she said she'll just buy a smoothie."

"Oh…" Minjeong awkwardly chuckled. "Uhm, have you gotten anything yet? It's my treat, right?" 

Jimin stared at her.

"Can you recommend something to me?"

"Huh?"

"I don't usually eat snacks." Jimin glanced at the apple juice that Minjeong is holding, before returning her attention back to the girl. "Do you mind if I take your suggestions?"

'Then what is she doing inside this store that night?' 

Minjeong wanted to ask that question, but she chose not to. 

It's not her business to know.

"Uh, okay." She cleared and walked past Jimin. She went to the shelves where the sweet snacks are located. "Do you eat sugary foods?"

"Hmm, yes." 

Minjeong smiled as she began to introduce her favorite snacks to Jimin. When it comes to food, she really trusts herself fully, especially now because snacks are the type of food that she usually eats.

"This is pumpkin monaca. I tried this with my friend last time and it tasted great. It's really sweet and—" Minjeong froze when she heard Jimin giggle beside her. She turned her head and looked at the girl weirdly.

"Did I say something funny?"

"No. It's just that, you sound so happy while talking about the snacks." Jimin smiled at her. "You really love snacks, don't you?"

This is the first time that Minjeong heard someone talking about her liking for snacks. 

It feels weird, but not in a bad way. 

"I do." The short haired girl said. "Food is comfort." 

She then faced the girl and asked, "So, what would you like to pick?"

"All of them."

"H-huh?"

"I'll pay for it."

"Wait—Didn't you say to me earlier that it's my treat?" Minjeong exclaimed. 

Jimin gave her a charming smile.

And if it wasn't for the fact that Jimin likes to smile, Minjeong would think that the former is trying to act pretty in front of her. 

Or is it just because Minjeong always finds Jimin pretty no matter what she does?

It could be the latter. 

It should be. 

"Then just treat me next time." Jimin smoothly said as she took all the snacks that Minjeong recommended to her and went towards the counter.

Minjeong was left alone, dumbfounded.

'There would be a next time?'

The entrance door suddenly opened, revealing Aeri who's sipping on her strawberry smoothie. The girl noticed that Jimin is already paying for the snacks and Minjeong is just standing at the corner. 

She went towards the short haired girl.

"You okay? You look so lost. What happened?" Aeri chuckled. 

Minjeong, who's still processing everything, just stared at her. 

Jimin.

Jimin happened.



 

____




 

There are three reasons as to why Minjeong refuses to go to Aeri's volleyball game. 

One, she feels lazy as hell. Their classes have just ended and Minjeong is not in the mood for going outside. She just wanted to lay down on the couch and watch movies all day, nothing else.

Two, her sassy but softie sister Jennie Kim, is here. The girl literally goes home only thrice a month because of her busy schedules as a model. Minjeong wants to spend her time getting spoiled by her big sister because, why not? Jennie is hella rich. 

And three, It's because of Jimin.

Of course it would always be because of Jimin.

Minjeong's world was at peace before. But ever since Aeri decided to make a move to Jimin, her peaceful world became eventful and messy. 

It shouldn't really affect her, since she's not Aeri. Heck, she's not even planning to get close to Jimin.

She plans to stay away. She wants her infatuation to fade away.

But is it rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter