| A Double What?

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank God you cleared it." Aeri sighed in relief. "I was really confused back there."

Minjeong chuckled nervously.

"Ah, yeah…hehe."

"She's really caring. That's so sweet of her." The Half Japanese girl said dreamily. 

"Uh-huh." Minjeong just nodded. 

Luck is on Minjeong's side today. After that awkward commotion earlier, the bell rang, which means the class is starting. Minjeong and Aeri went to their class and luckily, their professor is still not present. Minjeong took the chance to explain herself to her friend who's still confused about what happened.

So, she said everything, That Jimin and her went to a pizza restaurant because Jimin thought Minjeong didn't like the food. She also said that the nicknames were just a part of their conversation and it was Jimin's idea. Not hers.

Of course, she left some parts because Aeri doesn't need to know that. Out of all people, Aeri is the last one who needs to know that. 

And here's her best friend, feeling giddy over Jimin because of what the latter did. Minjeong bet that it caused Aeri to like Jimin more. 

"So, you're supposed to say something earlier, right?" Minjeong asked, Not wanting to have a long conversation regarding her crush.

"Oh, right! I forgot about that." Aeri chuckled. "So, semester break is coming after volleyball season, right?" 

"Yes, and?"

"My Dad thought of having a one week vacation in Japan, and he said I can also bring my friends." Aeri grinned at her.

Minjeong shook her head. "No way…"

"Yes way." The girl insisted. "You're coming and I won't take a no for an answer."

"Aeri."

"Yes?"

"All you do is party, I don't like parties." Minjeong deadpanned, which made Aeri roll her eyes. 

"This is different, Minjeongie. I can't really have a big party because my parents will be there." She said. "We'll drink, though."

"I don't drink."

"It's just for one night!"

"Still, no."

"Okay, you don't need to drink. Just come with us." Aeri pleaded. "It's just us, you know? Me, you, Ryujin, Yuna, and…"

"And who?"

"And Jimin, with her friends."

Minjeong gaped. "You have to be kidding me."

"Nope." Aeri smiled. "And I think it's a great idea. We'll get closer to them, I can get closer to Jimin. It's a win-win, right?"

"Do they even know this?"

"I'm planning to ask them later." 

"And what if they decline?" 

"Well…I hope they don't." 

Minjeong sighed and rubbed her face. With Aeri's tone and persuasion, she knows she can't do anything about it. Aeri would do everything to make her come with them.

The short haired girl vividly remembers how Aeri literally barged into her house in the middle of the night just because she declined to have a sleepover. 

Good thing was, her sister was out of sight that day. 

"Okay, fine. I'll go…" Aeri was about to celebrate when Minjeong shushed her. "…In one condition."

"What is it?"

"Bring Ningning."

"Ningning?" The Japanese asked, lips slowly forming to a smirk.

"Yeah, bring her." Minjeong sternly spoke. She doesn't care about Aeri's malicious smirk right now. What matters right now is she can bring her other best friend with her. 

"Sure, sure." Aeri said with a meaningful tone. "Do you like her?"

"…No."

"Alright, whatever you say." Of course Aeri wouldn't believe that, but it's not like Minjeong wants her to believe it, because she doesn't.

She thought that maybe, it would be a good idea to pretend that she doesn't like Jimin, and make Aeri believe that she's getting close with Ningning.

A selfish desire to hide her feelings.

But as of now, Minjeong values her friendship with Aeri more than her feelings for Jimin. She just hopes that it would stay like that.

And if it changes, God knows what could happen between the three of them.



 

____




 

"So, what do you guys think?" Aeri asked with anticipation as she waited for their answers.

"Fine with me. I don't have anything to do in semester break, anyway." Yeji shrugged.

"I'm coming too!" Jisu exclaimed.

"Same here." Chaeryeong said. 

The Japanese looked at Jimin who's still not answering the question yet.

"How about you, Jimin?"

"Uhm…" She stared at them. "Can I still think about it?"

"Oh…sure, sure. No pressure." Aeri chuckled. "But I really do hope you can come."

"I'll try."

"What would we do in Japan, anyway?" Ryujin asked after chugging on Minjeong's hydro flask. The latter just stared at her, a bit surprised that Ryujin took her hydro flask without her notice. 

"We'll travel around the country, duh. My family and I usually go there just to rest but since I'll be taking you guys with me, we're going to roam around!"

It's their lunch break and they are inside the cafeteria right now. They weren't actually supposed to be complete, since the student council suddenly became busy today. 

But Aeri and Ryujin's day will not be complete if they won't hangout with their crush. 

However, they couldn't really ask them by themselves earlier because of the sudden meeting with their respective teams. 

So they asked Minjeong to do i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter