| The Red Haired Girl

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Throughout the whole game, Minjeong was feeling tense. 

She's not even a part of the team, yet she feels the slight frustration every time that the opposing team gets cocky of their points. 

She can feel Aeri's frustration too, her face says it all. 

Whenever the rally gets crucial, Minjeong couldn't help but to hold Ryujin's hand.

And Jimin's.

Which is very embarrassing on her part since she keeps saying sorry yet she still does it unconsciously. 

Jimin told her it's okay, Minjeong can hold her hand if the former feels the need to grip on something.

While Ryujin kept on complaining because Minjeong's grip on hers was too tight and she almost couldn't feel her hand. 

Fortunately, the game ended with their school being the winner. Aeri texted them to go to the dugout and they did. They went to meet Aeri, only to find the girl talking to someone they don't know.

At least, not all of them.

"Hey guys!" Aeri greeted cheerfully as she approached them. The person she's talking to also came closer. 

"Uchinaga, congratulations on your first win!" Ryujin was the one to congratulate her first, followed by all the girls who watched the game.

Minjeong stayed silent, not because she doesn't want to congratulate Aeri, but because of someone.

And she's looking at her.

"Thank you, girls! Anyway," Aeri pulled the girl beside her. "This is Ning Yizhuo, my friend from another school."

"Wait, Ning Yizhuo?! You mean Ningning? The popular singer?!" Yuna exclaimed.

The girl took the cap from her head and pushed her mask down, revealing her face to everyone.

"Hi." Ningning greeted shyly, secretly glancing at the girl who's still silent. 

"Oh my gosh! I finally met you!" Jisu squealed and approached the girl to hug her. "I'm a big fan of yours!" 

"You're friends with a big person in the industry and you didn't tell us?!" Yuna spoke and slapped Aeri's shoulder before hugging Ning too. "I'm a big fan of yours also!"

The other girls also followed and introduced themselves to Ningning, but a lot more calmer than the other two.

The last one who haven't hugged Ningning yet is Minjeong.

"H-hey." Minjeong muttered and hesitantly hugged the girl. 

"Hello to you, and sorry." Ningning's grip on hers became tight. 

The short haired girl sighed before glancing at the others who were watching them. She leaned on Ningning's ear and whispered, "We're going to talk later."

"Okay."

Minjeong released the hug and backed away.

"We should celebrate your win, Aeri!" Yeji said. 

"Yes, yes. That's a good idea." Ryujin spoke, immediately agreeing to her crush.

"I'm actually planning to do that," Aeri chuckled and looked at Minjeong. "You're going to go, right?"

Minjeong's eyes widened. "Uh…"

"Please?"

She doesn't want to go.

She plans to go home after this. 

And be lazy, and eat chips, then sleep.

But then…

Minjeong glanced at the red haired girl who's already looking at her. She saw her smirking.

'.'

"I want to get to know you guys more," Ningning said to everyone before facing her. "Please come?"

Minjeong looked at her sternly.

"Come on, Min. Don't tell me you will ignore this innocent face?" Ryujin said and nudged her, pertaining to Ningning's puppy eyes and pouty lips.

Minjeong wanted to roll her eyes.

'Innocent face, my .'

"Okay…fine."

"Nice!" Aeri exclaimed. "So, let's go? Do you all have a car with you?" 

All of them nodded their heads, except for Minjeong who was sent here by her sister. 

"Minjeong, do you want to come with me—" 

Aeri was cut off by Ningning.

"Uhm, can she go with me?" 

All of them grew confused, except for Minjeong who was itching to tape the girl's mouth because of the question.

"Not to be rude, but why?" The half Japanese asked.

"She's…" Ningning trailed off and glanced at Minjeong. The latter looked away, silently giving a hint that Ningning must think of a reason for it, not her. 

"She's…cute?"

"…Huh?" All of them reacted. 

"I-I want to know more about her because she's cute." She faced Aeri. "Is that enough reason?"

"Oh…" Aeri mumbled, before grinning. "Okay. I'll send you the location. See you!" She winked at Minjeong before walking away. The others followed. 

Minjeong and Ningning were left alone.

"What are you doing here?" Minjeong whispered. 

The red haired girl rolled her eyes. "Stupid, the other team is my school's team." 

"You could've just told me you're coming here!" Minjeong exclaimed and held the girl close to her. "And what's with that answer? Cute? Aeri is definitely starting to ship us right now."

"Let her be, or else you want to tell her that I'm your secret friend?" Ningning said, emphasizing the word 'secret'.

The short haired girl sighed. 

"Tch, let's just go."

Ning Yizhuo, or also

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter