| Destiny's Work

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong woke up to the sudden ringing of her phone. 

She rubbed her eyes before slowly looking at her side, seeing Jimin's sleeping state. The girl has her arms wrapped around Minjeong and her face is buried on Minjeong's neck.

She's hugging the short haired girl from behind. 

Minjeong slowly took off Jimin's arms around her and stood up, walking towards her bag that was resting on a small couch beside Jimin's bed. She took her phone from the bag and looked at the caller. 

'Ryujin?'

She answered the call.

"What do you want?"

"Woah," Ryujin exclaimed. "Good afternoon to you too, Minjeong."

"Afternoon?"

"Yeah, it's 1PM." 

Minjeong glanced at the clock beside her. "Oh."

"Uh-huh." The soccer player mumbled. "You don't know?"

"Sorry, I was sleeping."

"Hmm, that makes sense. You just arrived from Busan, right?"

"How did you know?"

"Jennie Unnie told me."

Minjeong's eyebrows creased. "She told you too?"

"Minjeongie, she asked for all of our numbers," Ryujin suddenly chuckled. "Then told us to take care of you and to never abandon you because you'll be a lost puppy."

"Oh my God." 

Her Unnie can be so exaggerated sometimes.

"Is this the reason why you hid your sister from us?" Ryujin laughed.

"…Actually, no." Minjeong muttered. "But now that you're saying it, yes, definitely, that's the reason."

The soccer player laughed once again.

"Ryujin…" Minjeong called. "Why did you call?"

"Oh, right." Ryujin cleared . "I called to tell you some news."

"News?"

"Aeri just got back from Japan, puppy."

'…oh.'

"Why are you telling me?"

"To inform you?"

"You know that I'd know that right?" She shook her head. "Aeri is famous. Her fansites always update us."

"I'm just saying," She heard Ryujin said. "If you want to talk to her—"

"I will." Minjeong cuts her off. "I will do that, but not now…"

"There's a perfect time for that, Ryu."

"I know." Ryujin muttered. "But please don't take too long."

"I won't, Ryu. I promise." She responded. "Aeri needs time, I need time too. We all need this rest. We'll go back to the problem once we're ready." 

"…Alright." Ryujin sighed. "I also called to check up on you. Are you okay now?"

Minjeong smiled.

"I'm fine."

Suddenly, Minjeong felt a pair of arms wrapping around her from behind.

"Hey, I need to end this call now."

"Sure, I also need to go, anyway." Ryujin muttered. "See you soon, puppy! Bye!"

"Bye!"

The call ended. 

"Who's that, love?" Jimin muttered in a raspy tone, placing her chin on Minjeong's shoulder. 

"It was Ryujin." Minjeong looked at her. "Why did you wake up? You still look sleepy."

"You're not there." Jimin pouted. 

"Go back to sleep."

"Hmm…" 

"Yuji," Minjeong chuckled when Jimin didn't even move from her position. "Come on, go back to sleep now."

"…Okay."

Jimin lifted Minjeong up, which made the latter squeal from the sudden act. The taller girl gently placed her on the bed, then laid on top of her. 

Jimin buried her face on Minjeong's neck. "Let's sleep now."

"Uh…" Minjeong glanced at the window beside them, noticing that the curtains were open. "Can I at least close the curtains?"

Jimin silently stood up, closed the curtains for Minjeong, then immediately went back to her position earlier. 

"Let's sleep now." She repeated.

Minjeong smiled. 

'She's so clingy.'

She looked down at the sleeping figure on top of her, placing a kiss on the taller girl's forehead. 

"I love you."

"…I love you too."

Her smile grew wider. 

 



 

____
 

 

 


 

"How was it?"
 

Minjeong asked, trying to hide her eagerness. Although it is still noticeable since she's unconsciously biting her lip, which made Jimin chuckle.

The latter lifted her hand and did a thumbs up. 

"It's great, love. I feel like this version of Japchae is going to be my favorite now."

Minjeong sighed in relief. "I thought it wouldn't taste good. I'm not that confident with my cooking skills."

They woke up an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter