| Not Her Story

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi, Minjeong."

Yeah.

She heard that right.

She heard her name coming straight out of Jimin's mouth.

Jimin knows her.

Wait, 

Jimin knows her?

"Y-you know me?" Minjeong stuttered as she backed away when she noticed how close their distance was. 

She heard the girl chuckle.

"I'm actually surprised that you know me." 

What?

Minjeong doesn't get it. Who wouldn't know the famous Yu Jimin?

"Uhm," She scratched her head. "I don't get what you mean, sorry."

Jimin just smiled at her. "It's okay."

"U-uh, I'll go now!" Minjeong exclaimed as she immediately turned her back to Jimin and made her way towards the checkout counter. 

She placed all the cans of pringles and packs of gummy worms on top of the counter in a quick pace. 

"Here, Sir." 

For a second, Minjeong saw how the cashier looked at her weirdly, before doing his job. 

She just flashed an embarrassed smile. 

She didn't dare to turn back and glance at the girl again. It's tempting, but she won't do that. 

Not when there's no reason to.

Minjeong stared at the food in front of her, seeing that there's only five cans of pringles out of six that she plans to buy. Her eyebrows furrowed as she was about to go back to the shelf to get one when a hand appeared beside her, placing a can of pringles on top of the counter.

"Here."

Minjeong slowly looked at her side.

Jimin smiled at her once again. "You forgot it." 

"You seriously need to stop smiling." Minjeong muttered in a flat tone, as if she wasn't aware of what she was saying.

Jimin gave her a confused look.

"Why not?"

"Anyone can fall in love with that smile."

Jimin stared at her, before stifling a laugh.

"Even you?"

"Even me—" Minjeong froze. "Wait, what? What am I saying?"

The girl grinned at her. "You're saying that—" 

"Ehem." They both looked at the cashier who looked like he was listening to their conversation the whole time and was only waiting for them to finish. "Here, Miss." He handed the paper bag to Minjeong.

"Thanks." The short haired girl muttered and glanced at Jimin. "B-bye!"

Minjeong quickly ran out of the store. Leaving the two alone. 

A long silence had passed before the cashier realized something. 

"Wait, she forgot to pay for those snacks!"

And once again, Jimin could only chuckle. She turned to the cashier and took her wallet from her back pocket. 

"I'll pay for it."

 

 

___

 

 

 

 

Ryujin: Where are you?

Minjeong: Library, why?

Ryujin: Why are you even there? It's lunch break

Ryujin: Anyway, come here at the cafeteria 

Minjeong: Why?

Ryujin: We're gonna have lunch with Jimin and her friends, right? They are here already.

Minjeong couldn't find the energy to reply.

After what happened that night, she really tried to keep her mind occupied and not think of any things that are connected to a certain girl. 

She was embarrassed by how she acted in front of Jimin. 

And she only realized that she forgot to pay for the pringles and gummy worms when she got home. She even received a smack on the head from her friend for being stupid. 

She went back to the convenience store the morning after that. Turns out, someone already paid for her food and it was none other than Jimin. 

That night was something that she really wanted to bury six feet under. 

Minjeong sighed as she left the library. She was just sleeping, anyway. It was her vacant time and Minjeong thought it was a good idea to sleep in the library.  

As soon as she got inside the cafeteria, she already spotted where her friends were. It's not really that hard to find them because they are really loud. She could even hear Yuna and Ryujin's voices from afar. 

Minjeong took a deep breath before approaching them.

"Minjeongie!"

Aeri was the first one who noticed her. And of course, with Aeri's loud voice, the other girls who were sitting at the table also looked at her. 

Yes, Including Jimin.

"Hi." She greeted them shyly.

"Girls, this is Minjeong, our cute little puppy." Yuna said while scratching Minjeong's chin. The latter rolled her eyes playfully that made them all chuckle.

"We know her." Yeji stated, which surprised them. 

"Really?" Ryujin muttered.

The girls only nodded their heads. 

Meanwhile, Minjeong couldn't even bother to listen to their conversation, even if it was about her. She's looking at the sitting arrangements, seeing that the only chair available is beside Jimin. 

"Sit down, Minjeongie. We already ordered the food for you." Ryujin said. 

Minjeong looked at Jimin.

And as always, she has this small smile on her face.

The short haired girl didn't say anything as she quietly sat beside Jimin. 

"Hello." 

Minjeong slightly flinched when she heard the girl whisper at her.

She smiled lightly. "H-hi."

Aeri, who's just in front of them, gently pushed the tray towards Minjeong. 

"Here you go, lasagna and tomato juice." 

The smile on Minjeong's face grew as soon as she saw a plate of lasagna in front of her. 

"You managed to get lasagna?"

Aeri chuckled. "Ryujin almost had a fight with one student to get that." 

"Thank you!" Minjeong exclaimed happily to Ryujin. The latter smiled and patted the other girl's head.

"Anything for puppy."

The other girls only watched the two with a small smile on their faces.

"This is the first time I've seen Minjeong's smile." Lee Chaeryeong, another member of the dance troupe, said.

"She's usually uptight with other people." Yeji said.

"She'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter