| She's Perfect

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong first met Jimin in her freshman year. 

They were both transferees, but their first day in SM University was completely different from each other. As expected, Minjeong is the quiet one. She doesn't really know anyone aside from herself. Her only friend was Ningning at that time, but the latter goes to a different school. 

Jimin is different, she caught everyone's attention on her first day of being a college student. Who wouldn't be curious about her? A salutatorian in High School, overachiever, a former member of a swimming team, and a one hell of a gorgeous woman. She was, and still, a total package.

Minjeong couldn't keep her gaze off of Jimin as soon as she laid her eyes on the girl. She remembered seeing Jimin with her friends (That time, it was still not Yeji and the others) and Jimin just stood out. She exudes this aura that you just can't resist. Her beauty is mesmerizing and intoxicating at the same time. 

A lot of students already like her, including Minjeong. 

Second year of college has started. Minjeong is still crushing over Jimin. At that time, Minjeong was already friends with Aeri, and she also met Ryujin and Yuna because of Aeri. 

Jimin suddenly ran for the Secretary position in the Student council.

And of course, being the secretly whipped she is, Minjeong voted for her. She was even secretly cheering when Jimin promoted herself and their partylist. Minjeong was just so sure that Jimin would win.

And she did, she won the position. 

Minjeong was so happy for her. She knew that Jimin did her best efforts to win that position. She celebrated Jimin's win, even if the girl didn't know her. 

She's contended with that. Seeing Jimin happy…she's already fine with that. 

She has no plan on getting close with the girl. 

But now that she's close with Jimin, why isn't she doing anything?

Jimin is also Aeri's crush, yes. But that shouldn't stop Minjeong from reaching, right?

Jimin can pick whoever she wants. It's not like she would like Aeri because Aeri likes her. It doesn't work that way. 

Minjeong has a chance. She actually has one.

She just chose to ignore it.

And that frustrates Ryujin.

Yes, Ryujin.

How did Ryujin end up being in this situation? Well, it may or may not be because of Minjeong's fault. 

But it was Ryujin's curiosity that led up to where they are right now. 

"Ah, it's too hot." Minjeong grumbled as she fanned herself with her hands. Ryujin chuckled at her. 

"You should really go outside more often. Look at you, you can't even take a normal heat!" 

Minjeong rolled her eyes at her. 

"Ryu, you're a soccer player, of course you'll get used to this massive heat." Minjeong retorted back, emphasizing the word 'massive'.

The soccer player just laughed at her. 

"Well, I guess, thank you for coming to my training?"

"Whatever." The short haired girl mumbled. "I'm gonna have a water refill. I feel so thirsty."

"You didn't even play."

"Oh, shut up."

Ryujin grinned as she watched her friend walk away. She was about to go back to her teammates, when she saw Minjeong's phone beside her.

"That girl, why did she leave it here?" Ryujin muttered and held the phone. 

She chuckled as soon as she clicked the power button.

"No lock screen."

Minjeong doesn't lock her phone. No one checks her phone, anyway. 

It just so happens that this incident has occured, and now Ryujin has the free access on her phone. 

The first thing that Ryujin saw was the wallpaper. It's a baby Minjeong who's holding a gold foil and she's wearing sweet potato colored socks. Ryujin couldn't help but to laugh at that. 

"…Didn't know Minjeongie likes games." She muttered while looking at the apps inside the phone.

Her finger stopped swiping when she found the gallery app. 

"Wouldn't hurt to check it, right?"

She just stared at the app for a few minutes, before sighing.

"Ah, . Okay. Just a glance." 

She clicked the app. 

"…What the ?"

Minjeong came back running. She stopped in front of Ryujin while panting heavily. 

"Ryujin, have you seen my—" She saw her phone in Ryujin's grasp. "Oh…"

Ryujin stared at her. 

"Minjeong…Why the hell do you have stolen pictures of Jimin in your phone?"

Ryujin was mad at her. 

Of course, she will be mad. 

But not for the reason that Minjeong had expected.

Ryujin was mad because Minjeong kept it for so long. After knowing the truth behind those stolen photos, She was mad because Minjeong didn't tell anything about it before.

She was mad because she just realized that she actually doesn't know everything about Minjeong.

She was mad because it felt like she just missed a big part of their friendship.

"Holy , Minjeong. Just…What the ?"

"Stop cursing!"

"No. You don't understand." Ryujin stood up and grasped her chest dramatically. "You kept it from us!"

They are inside Minjeong's room right now. After that incident, Ryujin immediately told her that they would have a serious talk. Minjeong decided that they should do it in her room to have more priv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter