Dilemma

If I'm Not in Love with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration as he exited the classroom. A poem? It was bad enough to enroll for Literature 201 because he had failed to take this class during his earlier academic years due to an irregular schedule. How was he supposed to write a poem?

 

Just then, somebody bumped into him on the way out.

 

“Sorry,” the girl murmured softly without so much of a glance at him.

 

There she was.

 

Do Kyungsoo was walking away with her cluster of friends. People seemed to flock around her all the time, like moths to an outstanding and brilliant flame. Chanyeol momentarily forgot where he was, or even his own name, as his eyes helplessly watched her leaving. He returned to his senses when she turned to a corner, and he couldn’t see her anymore.

 

He proceeded to the opposite direction, towards the university paper office. This silent one-sided love affair had already celebrated its third anniversary. He remembered every detail as though it happened yesterday.

 

It had been enrollment time and he was a sophomore then while she was a freshman. She had randomly asked him where the Humanities Building was. He had stared at her for quite a while before nimbly pointing the direction of the building. Kyungsoo had nervously thanked him and never looked back.

 

He hadn’t forgotten her after that. It turned out that she had hailed from Ilsan and was studying to be an actress. She had transformed into a celebrity of sorts—the campus star, if you will—headlining a couple of plays per year and naturally a lengthy string of male admirers. Chanyeol had watched every single one of her plays and thought she was amazing. Now, there had been various talks that the College of Performing Arts was doing Miss Saigon before the end of the semester. He had a pretty good inkling who would play the part of Kim.

 

He sighed as he laid down his things on the table upon reaching the office. He had been the resident graphics artist for nearly three years now. He had volunteered to make an outlet for his infatuation with a certain junior from the theatre club.

 

Blame it on the Dean for giving him the junior Performing Arts Lit 201 class to complete his requirements this semester. He would find himself staring at the back of her head than actually concentrating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter