His Poetry

If I'm Not in Love with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Professor Lee walked around the classroom without one of her drawn-out entrance speeches, which was unusual. It made the class more nervous than what was healthy. Her eyes scanned the classroom back and forth as though searching for the most frightened and the most petrified... and was also the first one to be called to read his/her poem out loud.

 

She smiled at last. The class laughed softly in anxiety. Professor Lee clapped her hands to resurrect everyone from their trance. “What’s the matter with you today, class? Did you hope that I would forget today is the day? Not a chance.” She shook her head as she looked into her improvised seat plan. “Let’s see... I want to call on... Oh, here’s someone I haven’t heard from all semester. Mr. Park?”

 

Chanyeol’s mouth dropped, suddenly alert. He willed for his feet to support him to stand. His hand was trembling as he gripped his written work like a shield.

 

“Come on, let’s go to the front, young man,” the professor encouraged, stepping aside and leaving the center of the platform wide open for Chanyeol.

 

He swallowed, daring not to look at anyone. He could hear faint whispers going around as he made his way towards the front. He wasn’t sure if this poem was good enough. All he knew was that yesterday, he had written it down without stopping the moment he reached the confinement of his bedroom. Worse, Kyungsoo was going to hear it...

 

Kyungsoo looked at his tall, lanky frame as he uneasily walked past her. He turned around then, upon reaching the front of the room. Chanyeol appeared to be very shy. This kind of thing must be so difficult for him. Their eyes met. Her lips upturned into a small smile.

 

Chanyeol only nodded, somewhat grateful. It was the only go signal he needed. “G-Good morning, classmates, Professor Lee. I’ll start off the day by reading you most likely the only poem I ever will write in my life.”

 

The whole clas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter