Invisible No More

If I'm Not in Love with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol grudgingly stared at the blank page of his notebook for hours now, his mind totally lost. Three days to go until the recitation of their self-penned poetry and he lacked the skill to express a single word.

 

He sighed, settling more comfortably on his bed. Baekhyun was probably talking to Kyungsoo right this very moment. He grabbed his cell phone, thinking of calling his friend, to have Baekhyun at least mention his name in Kyungsoo’s presence in surprised greeting, but he decided against it. Baekhyun, being the no-nonsense journalism major, didn’t like being disturbed when she was doing interviews.

 

He turned his head and buried his face on his pillow. He was downright pathetic and he didn’t have the heart to tell anybody about this hopeless crush...

 

He’d had a couple of girlfriends before, and he certainly was no shrinking violet when it came to introducing himself to the opposite . He normally went for tall, somewhat model types, since he was over 6 feet himself, and such types went for him. Something about this cute, petite girl whose skin shone like porcelain and whose distinct heart-shaped smile radiated like the brightest star in the sky undeniably hooked him. Kyungsoo was larger-than-life and yet she walked around like the rest of them, unaffected. He wished he could explain it, because by then he would have rationalized what he was feeling for her.

 

Sleep was always the best solution whenever this problem troubled him. In his dreams, he was Mr. Gu from My Liberation Notes, sweeping Do Kyungsoo off her feet and she would go wherever he led her...

 

The next day at university paper office, he was greeted by Junmyeon, the senior editor, who remorsefully handed him his workload for the afternoon. “Sorry, Yeollie, but these need to get done by the end of the week.”

 

He nodded. “I understand, Junmyeon.” And off he went to his station.

 

“Bro,” Jongin called, sliding off his seat and looking over to his friend’s computer. “Edit a picture for me? I already emailed you the basketball team’s photo.”

 

“Sure,” he answered and clicked open the file Jongin told him about. They were discussing the alterations to be made when:

 

“There he is,” he heard Junmyeon saying, “Park Chanyeol, our graphics designer.”

 

He turned, cleared his throat and tried to sit up straight. He didn’t realize that they had... guests.

 

Junmyeon was leading Sehun, her boyfriend and one of the actors of the theatre club, and Do Kyungsoo towards his station!

 

Chanyeol stood up shakily as Jongin grinned at their approaching peers.

 

Sehun waved at Jongin and Chanyeol in his usual friendly manner. He’d met them before, having hung around the office while waiting for Junmyeon to wrap up meetings with the school paper staff. “Guys,” he introduced, “this is our famed actress, the lovely Do Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed, her cheeks suddenly coloring. “You’re embarrassing me, Sehun.”

 

“Hello, Kyungsoo. I’m Kim Jongin,” Jongin said, smiling brightly.

 

Kyungsoo’s large, round eyes then became transfixed on Chanyeol, recognition lighting up her sparkling brown irises. “Have we met...?” Her blus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter