Countdown

If I'm Not in Love with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, I’ll see you later at rehearsals,” Kyungsoo said, waving goodbye at Yixing as she turned to a corner. Then she walked over to her locker, turning the lock on her top-secret combination. After she struggled thrice, she managed to get it open.

 

Just then, a note in a neon pink paper fell out.

 

She caught it in her hands before it fell to the ground. The paper was a bit crumpled as though it had been forced into the tiny slits of her locker. She cautiously opened it and frowned.

 

Look up was all it said.

 

And dumbly, she did.

 

At the top of the lockers was a single white lily in a transparent tall vase.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the note again. Unfortunately, she didn’t recognize the handwriting. It wasn’t messy but it wasn’t exactly a pretty handwriting either.  It was in clean print and simple black ink, no frills. It could’ve easily been a guy’s or a girl’s...

 

She looked around, trying to catch any peering eyes. But students were merely passing by, minding their own business and rushing to their own classes. If somebody was watching her now, then he or she was awfully good in hiding.

 

Trying to shake off her suspicion, she stood in tiptoe and reached tentatively for the vase. She inspected it closely. The flower was still a little damp. The transparent vase was half-filled and the water was crystal clear. It must have only been there for a few minutes! She scanned at her immediate surroundings again.

 

Nothing seemed to be fishy.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile as she admired her gift. It was like something out of a picture. Whoever gave it to her, if he or she could see her now, they would know she was pleased.

 

The next day, she was just walking out of her dorm when a young boy of about five suddenly came up to her and presented her with two white lilies. Before she could even ask any questions, the little boy grinned and ran off. The next thing she knew, the child had disappeared into a crowd of college students.

 

For rehearsals that day, Jongin told her that Chanyeol was taking time off for his graduation practice. The disappointment must have showed in her face that Kyungsoo had merely shrugged and turned away.

 

The day after that, she was just submitting her final exams to her professor in Lit 201 when somebody knocked on the door. Everyone in the class turned to see who it was.

 

“Yes?” Professor Lee prompted.

 

“Package for Ms. Do Kyungsoo,” the delivery guy said.

 

The class all looked at each other and then jeered at Kyungsoo mercilessly.

 

“Is it Valentine’s Day?” The professor chided as Kyungsoo hurriedly signed before accepting.

 

“Uh...” she asked softly, searching the three white lilies in its package for any card.  “D-Do you know whom this is from?”

 

The guy shook his head. “No, miss, sorry. I just deliver the flowers.” He shrugged, smiled at her and left.

 

When she came to the auditorium right after, she was relieved to finally see Chanyeol there, helping Jongin lift a long board on their shoulders. She nearly ran to catch him but he disappeared backstage.

 

She wondered if she should ask him if it was his idea to send the flowers. She hadn’t seen him for three days, but what if he had nothing to do with it?  That would be humiliating!

 

But if he wasn’t the culprit and he saw the flowers, would he be... jealous that somebody was expressing interest, even if it had been public knowledge for some time that she was Chanyeol’s girl?

 

“Kyungsoo!” Minseok exclaimed as she saw her friend bringing her things into the dressing room. “Wow, this time a bouquet from your mystery admirer!” She opened the box to sniff the flowers. “Hmm... do you think it’s Chanyeol?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged sadly. “Maybe, maybe not.” Then she proceeded to taking the stage as Sehun and Professor Hwang were waiting for her.

 

When it was time to take a break, she went backstage to look for him. Then she saw Jongin painting what Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter