BRO

If I'm Not in Love with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin paced back and forth nervously as he rang her doorbell for the second time. He had three long stemmed roses in his hands, not sure if Baekhyun would appreciate them. 

 

In all the years of their friendship, this was the first time he felt uncertain around her. What would it take for Baekhyun to take him seriously this time?

 

The door opened and Jongin wheeled around in surprise.

 

Baekhyun’s expression darkened when she saw her visitor. “What brings you here? Do you want someone to go with you to the arcade?”

 

Jongin didn’t exactly know why she was angry at him but could somehow conclude that she had a right to be. “Uh, no, Baek,” he answered, awkwardly presenting her the pink roses. “T-These are for you.”

 

Baekhyun looked at it as though he was handing her the plague. “Are you insane? What are those for?” She took a step backward, her eyes widening at his gift.

 

“Uh...” Jongin swallowed. “I... I just thought you’d like them...” How was he going to elaborate on his intention? He’d deal with that later.

 

Then Baekhyun narrowed her eyes at him, trying to assess if he was just playing a notorious prank. Then... to Jongin’s relief, she slowly accepted the flowers. “Thanks,” she said softly, even proceeding to sniffing them.

 

Jongin smiled finally. “You’re welcome.”

 

Baekhyun got uncomfortable with him staring at her like that. Then she turned suspicious. Usually he called her bro, now he was saying her name with some kind of weird fondness. 

 

“Do you want to come in or not?” she asked in that threatening way of hers, to camouflage her anxiety actually. She turned her back at him and somewhat prompted him to follow.

 

Jongin restrained from chuckling as he obeyed and sat down at the living room while Baekhyun went to the kitchen to find a vase for the flowers.

 

Baekhyun’s mom suddenly came from the stairs, who brightened when she saw Jongin. He bowed Mrs. Byun in greeting as he was invited to join them to dinner. Baekhyun rolled her eyes and returned to the living room, with the vase and the flowers in tow.

 

“Wow, did you bring these, Jongin?” Mrs. Byun asked, eyeing the roses in appreciation. “They’re beautiful!”          

 

“I’m glad you like them, eomonim. Those are for Baekhyun, because I would like to ask her out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter