We meet again

With All My Heart

"Joo Yeon ssi, can you help me call Hye Rin to come here? Thanks."

"Okay."

I turned off the intercom and start dial Hye Rin's extension. She came in few minutes later and went directly to Yoo Chun's office. I didn't know what they're talking about but not long after, Yoo Chun also asked me to come in. They were sitting on the couch. Yoo Chun motioned me to sit. I took the seat in front of Hye Rin.

"Joo Yeon ssi, I want you to accompany Hye Rin to the opening one of my friend's club. I'm sorry for the sudden notice, I totally forgot about the invitation. I want to go but I have a dinner meeting today with the Japanese and I don't want Hye Rin to go alone."

I widened my eyes. "Eh? Club? But what should I do over there? I never been to club before."

"Don't worry. You don't have to do anything. Hye Rin will greet my friend."

"But I don't have the clothes to wear to the club." I replied.

“We'll go shopping after work, Joo Yeon ah. It's oppa's treat." She winked to me. "I already told oppa to let you off work earlier today if he didn't want me to go alone." Hye Rin smiled.

"I can't accept that."

"That's okay, Joo Yeon ssi. Just consider it as your bonus for have been working with me these two years."

I took a deep breath and just nod. I can't say no to my boss' order so I called my mom and told her that I’m gonna be late tonight. The party will begin at 7 pm and Hye Rin told me to wait her at the basement at 4.30. At first, I thought Hye Rin gonna drive to the nearest mall but instead she drove to the boutique. She parked the car at the side street then told me to come with her. We walked into the store. The staffs bowed down and greet her.

"Good afternoon, miss Park. Do you need anything for today?"

My jaw dropped, even the staff recognized her. She must be a regular customer here. I looked around the store. I never set my foot on a boutique like this. Not even in my dream. Hye Rin walked straight to the couch and asked for the catalog. She asked the staff to bring out the new arrival clothes for this season. I walked to her place and sit beside her. She gave me the catalog.

"Joo Yeon ah, looked at the catalog first then told them which one you like. They will bring it out for you."

"Hye Rin ssi, can I just use this outfit?" I pointed to my office clothes. "I don't think I'm suitable for this."

"We're going to the party, not to the office. Besides, I bring you to the party as my friend and not as oppa's secretary. Do you want to embarrass me in front of oppa's friend?"

"I didn't mean that. I just—"

She cut me. "Just look at the catalog and showed them which one you like."

Her gestures showed that she doesn't want to continue this conversation. She turned around to look at the clothes displayed in front of her. After few minutes, she chose one strapless red short dress made of satin and told them to wrap it. Huh? She didn't even try them on? What if the cutting doesn't fit with her body? Then she told the staff to bring out the shoes. She tried some of them and dropped the choice to the red strapped one with skinny heels. It is nine centimeters heels. I shook my head. This is the way you buy things if you came from a very wealthy family.

I continues look at the catalog and move to the next page then I showed the clothes I want to the staff. They brought out my order and took it to the fitting room. I choose two pieces of clothes consists of short sleeves blouse and long pants, both were black and made of silk. The blouse's model is so plain with no hems or laces, used only with satin belt covered with beads put under chest line. I looked to the mirror, not bad. Then I looked at the price tag and almost screamed. The price of these two pieces is almost the same with my salary for a month, even more expensive. Are they using gold thread for these clothes?

"Joo Yeon ah, came out. Let me see it."

I walked out from the fitting room and stand in front of Hye Rin. She looked at me from top to toe then take a deep breath.

"Are you going to the funeral? Change it." Then she called the staff and pointed to the catalog. "Give her this one."

The staff walked to the display table in the center of the room and brought back a knee length black dress. They showed it to me.

"Try this on and come out when you're done."

I took the dress and walked back to the fitting room then I took off the two pieces and put on the dress. Amazingly, the dress fit my body perfectly. It's made from satin, the cutting wrapped my upper body perfectly and then loose from the waist to my knees. The hems were added to frame the chest area and it has two small shoulders. I didn’t say that the previous clothes were bad but this one is surely marvelous. I looked at the price tag, almost the same with the previous one. I shook my head. I can get this model at Dongdaemun market with only five percent from this price. I walked out from the fitting room and stand in front of Hye Rin once again. She observed me from top to toe then talked to the staff.

"Bring over the pairing shoes for this dress."

I sat on the chair. The staff took the shoes from the same display with this dress and put it near my feet. It has straps form an X line on the front and another strap to be curled around the ankle with ribbon, decorated with Swarovski. I stood up after put on the shoes and looked at myself on the mirror. I almost can't recognize myself. With the dress and the shoes, the plain Joo Yeon has changed into another woman just in seconds. I saw Hye Rin smiled through the mirror.

"Daebak. We'll take it. Please wrap it and put the bill on my account. Come on, Joo Yeon ah. Give them the dress and the shoes. We still need to stop at one place."

I walked back to the fitting room and put on my own clothes. I thought the clothes are enough and I didn’t need anything else. We waited while the staffs wrapped our clothes then we walked out. Hye Rin drove to the south then pulled over at one place. I looked from the window, Jenny House? What are we doing here? She pulled me out from the car and get into the salon. Someone greet us at the front door.

"Welcome, miss Park. Please take a seat. I'll go get Jenny for you."

"Thank you."

Again, the staffs here know her name. She must be a regular customer here too. While I was looking around the place, someone comes out from inside the shop. When he saw us, Hye Rin to be exact, he widened his smile and spread out his arms to hug her.

"Jenny!" Hye Rin shouted.

"Hye Rin!" He replied.

I raised an eyebrow, he's the one they call Jenny? Now I got it. He's a gay, you'll recognize from the way he talked and walked.

"What brings you here, sweety? Where's your oppa anyway?" He played his eyebrows up and down. I frowned.

"I told you my oppa is off the record. I need your help today." She grabbed my arm and made me stood in front of Jenny. "I want you to use your magic on her."

He looked at me from top to toe then turned around my body. He smirked.

"Tell me what color?"

I keep silent, Hye Rin answered for me. "Black."

"Great. I'll take her inside. Don't call me Jenny if I can't change her. And for you sweety, what is your color?"

"Red."

"Woo, hot. Let's go inside." He motioned us to follow him then he raised his hand and clap twice. "Girls, bring in our weapons. We got work to do."

For one hour, our face and hair was done by Jenny and his assistants. Hye Rin finish first, she gave her car key to one of the staff and told her to bring in our clothes. I looked through the mirror, Hye Rin is already pretty even without make up but when she wears one, it only make her beauty more exposed and when she wear the red dress she bought today, everyone can’t take their eyes off of her. She look stunning, the red dress make her skin glow and her curled short hair frame her face in good way.

“Done. Ta…da….”

I almost can’t recognize my own face when I looked at the mirror. It’s a completely different girl. They shaped my eyebrows, put on fake eyelashes, full make up, and curled my long hair. Then one of the staff gave me the clothes and took me to the changing room. When I walked out, I looked again to the mirror. I still can’t believe the girl in the mirror is me. She looks pretty. All peoples in the room clapped.

“What do you think, sweety?” He talked to Hye Rin while looked at his magic works on me.

“Jenny, you’re Korea’s no. 1 make up artist. Thank you. As usual, put it all on my account. Come on, Joo Yeon ah. We’re almost late.”

I thanked Jenny and his girls and bid farewell to them. It took 30 minutes from Jenny House to the club. Hye Rin pulled her car to the valet service at the front door. She took the invitation from the dashboard then stepped out. She showed the pass card at the security check then they let us in. The club’s already half full when we got there. I looked around at the interior and the peoples, looks like this club is opened solely for elite society. Just as I expected, we become the center of attention but Hye Rin got the most from the peoples here with her red dress. I followed behind her which is still trying to find the club owner. She stopped when she saw someone.

“Joon oppa!” She walked through the crowded.

“Oh? Hye Rin ah. Wah, you’re so pretty tonight. Are you coming alone? Where’s Yoo Chun?”

“Oppa has a meeting with the Japanese so I’m here to replace him. I came with my friend.” She dragged me to her side. “Joo Yeon ah, this is Song Joon oppa. He’s the owner of this club.”

He stretched out his hand. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Song Joon. Nice to meet you.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Seo Joo Yeon. Nice to meet you too. Congratulations for the opening.” I shook his hand.

“Thank you.” He smiled.

“Congrats for the opening, oppa.”

“Thank you, Hye Rin ah. Too bad Yoo Chun can’t make it. By the way, your idol already came since 10 minutes ago but I don’t know where he is now. He’s coming with his 2 friends.”

“Really?” She looks so happy.

“Yup.” Someone approach him and whisper on his ear. He nodded and looked back to us. “Girls, I’m sorry I can’t accompany you. I need to greet other guests. Make yourself comfortable. Joo Yeon ssi, nice to meet you.”

“Bye oppa. Come on, Joo Yeon ah. We need to find my idol.”

“Hye Rin ssi, is there a celebrities coming here?”

“I don’t think so. Why?”

“But you just said your idol.”

“Ah, he’s actually oppa’s friend but he has been my idol since I was kid.” Her eyes sweeping around the club looked for someone.

“Ah, I see.” I nod and continue walked behind Hye Rin but she suddenly stopped again.

“Oppa.”

This girl’s social life is so amazing. She knew all Yoo Chun’s friend and this time I don’t know which one Hye Rin called oppa again. We walked straight to the 3 men standing in front of the bar counter, holding drinks on their hand. I can’t see their faces cause it’s too dark but when we’re getting closer to them, I widened my eyes. The guy standing in the middle, he’s Kim Jae Joong. He also shocked when he saw me.

We meet again

*****

“Jae Joong oppa.”

I was talking with Jun Su when someone called my name. I looked two women walking straight to our place. I can’t see their faces clearly but when they walked closer I recognized the one who walked on the front. It’s Hye Rin and the other one behind her, I widened my eyes. I can’t believe I met her again this soon.

It’s Joo Yeon. What is she doing here?

“Oh, Hye Rin ah. Where’s Yoo Chun?”

“Oppa has a meeting tonight so I’m here to represent him.”

“He’s always like that. Works, works, and works. Did he even know when the time to have some fun is?” Yun Ho replied.

“His name is not Yoo Chun if he’s not a workaholic.” I laughed. “Ah, before I forgot. Hye Rin ah, meets my friend Kim Jun Su and Jung Jae Min.”

She stretched out her hand and shook theirs. I noticed that Jun Su hold her hand a little bit longer, he won’t let it go until Hye Rin pulled her hand first. Jun Su whispered on my ear.

“Jae, why do you keep a beautiful woman like this for yourself? You should’ve introduced us long time ago.”

“Oppa, this is Seo Joo Yeon. She’s working as Yoo Chun oppa’s secretary. Joo Yeon ah, you already know the other two.” She shook their hand and Hye Rin continues talk. “And this one is Jae Joong oppa. Kim Jae Joong. He’s my fiancé.”

She was a little taken aback by Hye Rin’s last words but she managed to hide it well. She stretched out her hand and shook mine.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Seo Joo Yeon. Nice to meet you.”

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim Jae Joong. Nice to meet you too.”

We’re both switched gaze for a minute then pulled our hands. She looked around the club, avoiding my eyes on her.

“Oppa, let’s move to the couch. It’s more comfortable than standing here. Come on.”

Hye Rin walked in front, followed by Joo Yeon then the three of us. Jun Su grabbed my arm and pulled me to walk behind them.

“Is it true Hye Rin is your fiancé?” He narrowed his eyebrows.

“She always said that to all people since she know that. It’s our parents who set up this engagement but I only looked at her as a little sister. Why? Are you interested in her?” I .

“Does it clearly written on my face?”

“Yup, real clear.” I laughed.

“Oppa, quick. What are you two doing there?”

They found a large couch, fit for six persons. Hye Rin ordered a dry martini while Joo Yeon and Jun Su ordered soft drink. Don’t be surprised, Jun Su can’t drink alcohol and he never liked it anyway. Yun Ho and I didn’t ordered, our drinks still half full. We’re all chat but the chat was actually monopolized by Hye Rin. Joo Yeon only sat quietly while watching the people in the club. Then someone approached our seat and standing in front of Jae Min.

“Can I have a dance with you?” A woman asked Jae Min to dance.

“Ya, Jae Min ah. Someone asked you to dance. Go, man!” Jun Su .

Jae Min only smiled then stood up and headed to the dance floor. He immediately absorbed to the music as soon as he stepped his foot on. Hye Rin curled her hands on my arms.

“Oppa, I wanna dance too.”

“I’m sorry, Hye Rin ah. I don’t feel like dancing tonight. I’m tired.”

“Oppa—“She pouted then Jun Su spoke up.

“Hye Rin ssi, I’ll take you down to the dance floor. Jae Joong really had a long day today at the office, how about that?”

“Hmmm…..okay. No problem. Let’s go.”

Joo Yeon stood up from the chair so Hye Rin can walk out. She sat back to the couch and now it’s just the two of us left. I observed her from my seat. I almost didn’t recognize her when she came with Hye Rin tonight. Her style is so different with the dress and the make up. I can see that some men here are looking at her when they passed by but they didn’t dare to come closer because I’m around. Maybe she can feel my eyes on her cause she turned her head and looked at me.

“Is there something weird on my face?”

I shook my head. “Nothing. I’m just too amazed with your transformation tonight.”

“Well, it’s not the usual me. Hye Rin made me look like this.”

“Ah, no wonder.” I nodded. “Speak of Hye Rin, have you told her about us being siblings?”

“No, I don’t think I have the reason to tell her. Besides, I didn’t know she’s your fiancée until tonight.”

“You’re right. I think it’s my job to tell her about this.”

Our short conversation ended just like that. At least I make an improvement with her. She spoke a lot of words tonight. Joo Yeon played with her glass then stared to the dance floor long enough.

“Do you want to dance?”

“Me? Dance? I better stay here before I embarrassed myself.”

“Too bad.” I smiled.

She eyeing me suspiciously, I frowned. I didn’t feel something wrong with the words until I deserved to be stared like that. Joo Yeon moved a little bit further then continues stared to the dance floor. I sighed and thought what have I done until I can get a weird sister like this. I saw from afar Hye Rin came back with Jun Su. Their faces were so happy. I can feel that Jun Su really interested in Hye Rin. Joo Yeon stood up again to let Hye Rin in.

“Oppa, you should see when Jun Su oppa dance. He’s so amazing.”

“Hye Rin ssi, you’re over praised me.”

“No, I’m telling the truth. But…..Jae Joong oppa is still the best dancer for me.” She smiled widely.

“Okay, enough with the praise. I’m going home now and you too, Hye Rin ah. It’s already twelve. Jun Su ya, go get Jae Min and ask him if he wants to go back too.”

“Okay. I’ll meet you at the front door.”

Jun Su walked through the crowded and I walked with the girls to the front door. Hye Rin gave her car key to the valet while I still waiting for Jae Min and Jun Su.

“Joo Yeon ah, is it okay if you took taxi? I felt so tired tonight so I want to go home straight from here.”

“Oh—it’s okay.”

Hye Rin immediately walked to her car as soon as it arrived and drove it out from the club. I frowned at Hye Rin’s behavior, how can she left Joo Yeon and told her to took a taxi with outfit like this. I shook my head, Hye Rin’s consideration to others is too lack. I immediately gave my key to the valet man.

“I’ll take you home.”

“Eh? No, it’s okay. I can take a taxi from here.”

“Do you think I’ll allow you to go home alone at this hour with that outfit by taxi? I don’t want your omma blame me if something happened to you.” She was about to speak but I cut her fast. “Despite she knew or not.”

“You can’t force me.” She looked at me furiously.

“Really? Are you ready to be the center of attention here?” I challenged her.

She looked upset then folded her arms and threw away her face to the side. I gave a call to Jun Su and told him that I take off first and can’t wait for them. Few minutes later, my car arrived. I walked to the driver seat while the valet man opened the passenger door for her. She sat and looking to the side street along the way. This is our second encounter and I already made her upset but it’s not my fault. I only trying to be kind to her but she refused. I really don’t understand what was on her mind.

I pulled aside my car when we reached her apartment. She murmured thank you and immediately step out from the car. I didn’t get the chance to talk. I shook my head in disbelief.

Women are so hard to understand.