Wrong Choice

Deduced A Way To You

 

“Timjangnim, we already found the hid place of Nicole Jung before she went to the cruise. Do you want to take a look?” Sung Min’s voice repeated in Seo Hyun’s head as she stood at the front door of the house that believed to be hide place for Nicole. She was alone here.

“Nicole, is Jin woon oppa really just your imagination?” Seo Hyun asked at no particular one. She reached out to the handle of the door and clicked it open.

Seo Hyun walked carefully into the empty house; it was very empty because the whole house only had a single bed on a corner floor and a broken, middle size sofa at another end. All the windows was sealed with type and covered with black papers, make the interior of the house looked so dark without light. Seo Hyun looked around of the house to find if there was any leftover by Nicole that might lead to J. Besides a few newspapers scattered around the middle part, there was nothing related to J or even belonged to Nicole. Seo Hyun took a piece of the paper and took a look. It was dated the day after the Lee Soo Man’s party, which reported about the assault in the party and the death of Oh Jae Min sajang.

“This was the first time Yong oppa hold my hand, who would have thought that we will end up together now?” Seo Hyun talked to herself as she remembered the party night and smiled.

“RRRIIINNNGGG……” In the middle of her thought, Seo Hyun’s phone rang and she took it right away.

“Yeoboseyo? Ne… ne… I’ll be right there.” Seo Hyun answered. She looked at the empty apartment for the last time before she walked out of the room.

**********

“Timjangnim, the victim is Kim Suk Pil, the recently famous director due to his success in the successful recent movie. Here is his house and we believe that here is the first crime scene.” Shin Dong went to the late comer, Seo Hyun to give her a brief intro about the case. They were at a semi-D in Jamsil, which was quite close to Yong Hwa’s parents’ house.

“Is everyone here already? Where is Min Ho?” Seo Hyun looked around for her team members but actually she was looking for Yong Hwa, who always got into different cases, but she did not want to make it obvious.

“Min Ho is going to take testimonies from the neighbourhoods and we all are here, except Hong Ki. He said that Kyu Hyun is already back and it’s time for him to stand back, so he didn’t follow us.” Shin Dong explained.

“Kyu Hyun…ssi? He is here too?” Seo Hyun turned surprisingly to Shin Dong. Kyu Hyun already missing for two weeks plus after he sent a message to Shin Dong telling them that he needed a break. He said that he will return when he was ready and now he was.

“Yes, he is. He is at the back of the house to look around.” Shin Dong explained. He could understand the surprise from Seo Hyun as he heard about their ex-relationship from Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun’s argument that morning.

“Kim songsaengnim, what do you find from the body?” Seo Hyun turned away and walked to the forensic doctor, acting like nothing happened.

“The victim cause of death should be poisoning. The body has no external injuries and the blood from his mouth is darker compare to the normal person blood. I’m also curious about one thing about this body. His mouth seems to be very dry like someone that lack of water for days in dessert but as you can see there on his dining table, he just had a glass of coffee. You can smell from his mouth that he surely just drink coffee. I already told the forensic officer to make a quick test on the coffee sample, and also those foods on the table to see if we can find any trace of poison, or anything close to that.” The forensic doctor said.

“Then do you know when he died?” Seo Hyun asked again.

“According to his body temperature we got as we reached here, I assumed that he should be taken his last breathe at around two to three hours before we are here, which make it about 10 to 11 o’clock this morning.” The doctor explained.

“Shin Dong-ssi, who called in the first about this?” Seo Hyun turned to Shin Dong, who was standing behind her all the times.

“A guy who was an actor in the victim’s previous movie, Kwon Bi Seung. He said that he was here to answer the victim’s invitation for lunch but when he got to here, a bit late, he found out that the victim already lies down motionless on where his is now, so he quickly called in to report about this.” Shin Dong answered.

“Where is him now?” Seo Hyun continued to ask.

“He already brought to other room by Sung Min to take a full detail testimony on how he find out about the victim.” Shin Dong said as he pointed to the room where Sung Min and the actor was.

“Shin Dong-ssi, have you check about the victim’s background and the actor’s too? There is high percentage that the first to find out about murder case is the murderer himself. We need to see if they have any conflict from before that might have become the motive for the murder.” Seo Hyun asked.

“I already asked Hong Ki back in station help us to find about them and it should take some time before he could reach back to us with some information. What do you think about this case, timjangnim?” Shin Dong asked back.

“It’s too fast to say it now but I do think that that man is the murderer. As long as he is not yet proven fully innocent, I’ll treat him as first suspect. But first we need the motive and more evidence to prove that.” Seo Hyun said as she took a good look on the surrounding.

“Shin Dong hyung, there is no trace of anyone outside of the house. The only trace of people is on the front door, so the killer must have walked out from here through the front door.” Kyu Hyun walked into the house as he finished check around the house. After he finished his brief ‘report’, he turned to look on Seo Hyun, who was standing beside Shin Dong with straight face. There was no trace of him being angry or sad on Seo Hyun at all.

“Timjangnim, I wish to report myself back from long break. Sorry to cause trouble for went missing without proper apply for break.” Kyu Hyun said nonchalantly.

“Send me a report on that after this and I hope this is the only time you act like this. One more time of talking your break without proper applies and you will out of my team.” Seo Hyun decided to act like nothing happened as what Kyu Hyun was doing now.

“Algessseubnida, timjangnim.” Kyu Hyun bowed.

“Take a look on each room in this house to see if anything related to this case.” Seo Hyun gave order and Shin Dong and Kyu Hyun went up to second floor of the house to check on the rooms. Seo Hyun stayed at the dining room to look around.

“Timjangnim, the witness already give his testimony, and he said he had something to do now, so can he go now?” Sung Min came out from the room and saw Seo Hyun was checking around the dining area.

“Wait, I still have something to talk to him first.” Seo Hyun stopped.

“Kwon Bi Seung-ssi, according to you, you got invited to this house for lunch by the victim himself, am I right?” Seo Hyun took the testimony report from Sung Min and read though for once briefly before she continued. The witness nodded for reply.

“Do you usually got invite by the victim to his house for lunch or this is the first time you being invited?” Seo Hyun continued to ask.

“Actually, this is the first time I is being invited since our cooperation for the previous movie ended. I thought director has a new project for me, this is why he called me here to discuss about the new project, but…” The witness, Kwon Bi Seung answered.

“You mean it’s been a long time since he called you for lunch?” Seo Hyun asked again and the witness nodded.

“Do you touch or move anything in this room before we came?” Seo Hyun continued.

“No, I know that I shouldn’t touch anything in the crime scene. This is exactly how it was when I first steps in.” Kwon Bi Seung denied quickly.

“Then do you have any idea about what could these two spots of dirt on the floor belongs to? They proved that there are two items on top of here before they were removed.” Seo Hyun pointed at the dirt on the floor, just beside the dining table, and asked.

“I… I don’t know. There is nothing here when I’m here.” Kwon Bi Seung thought about it for a while and said.

“Then do you know is there other people got invite by the victim too today? Because there are three sets of wine glass are prepared on the dining table, which mean the victim was expecting two guests beside one for himself. If another set is for you, then who is the second guest?” Seo Hyun pointed on the dining table and asked.

“I’m not sure about that because director never told me that he invited someone else besides me. Maybe it’s for the female actor for the new project but I really don’t know who that might be.” Kwon Bi Seung shook his head.

“Inspector, we already got the early result from the food. In all the food on the table do show same poison reaction on our test. We need the machine from the lab to find out what exactly the poison compounds are but what we are sure for is the victim is died of poison.” A forensic officer ran into the house and showed the test result to Seo Hyun.

“Kwon Bi Seung-ssi, have you taken the food?” Seo Hyun turned to Kwon Bi Seung.

“No, I didn’t touch anything. When I reached here, the director already lay down on floor and why do I bother with those foods at that time?” Kwon Bi Seung denied.

“Yes, you’re right. But that’s is weird, as you see here on the table, there are surely someone moved these two plates because the sauces from the plate are not match with the trace on the table. If not you, then it might be the second guest, who come earlier that you and also the real killer in this case. Do you agree with me?” Seo Hyun asked.

“I… I… It also can be misplaced by the director himself when he was dying and was about to fall down on the floor. That doesn’t prove that there is other person with him at that time.” Kwon Bi Seung tried to argue with that point.

“You are right too, so you are saying that the director is committing suicide?” Seo Hyun asked.

“I… I didn’t say anything. I just give a possible reason.” Kwon Bi Seung shocked his head.

“But what you say is impossible to happen. Sung Min-ssi, do you think a dying person is able to rearrange the set-up so tidy before he fell down on floor?” Seo Hyun turned to Sung Min.

“Of course not, that’s totally impossible in logic world.” Sung Min strongly rejected the reason.

“That kind of scene is only going to appear in story, but it will never happen in the real world. I can very sure that there is someone here to rearrange everything here after the director died. There are only two possible suspects, one is you and the other one is the missing guest.” Seo Hyun nodded to Sung Min’s answer.

“It’s not me!” Kwon Bi Seung quickly denied.

“Then tell us who the second guest is, if you want to prove yourself right.” Seo Hyun smiley said.

“I… I… I already tell you that I’m late just now, so I don’t know who the other guest is!” Kwon Bi Seung denied again.

“Timjangnim, Hong Ki just called in just now. He already ran a search on Kim Suk Pil and Kwon Bi Seung. Beside the cooperation in previous movie, there is another news that linked them together. On August last year, Kwon Bi Seung announced that he was going to marry the actress, Sandy Park but soon after the announcement, there is rumour about that actress was secret lover of the director, Kim Suk Pil, which is the victim in this case. The actress, Sandy Park did admit the secret relationship but that relationship already ended long time before she decided to be Kwon Bi Seung’s fiancé. There is no further information in that after that because at almost the same time, there was another bigger story happened, so everyone attention switched to that bigger story.” Shin Dong came down from the second floor and reported to Seo Hyun.

“So now that Sandy Park-ssi is now your wife, Kwon Bi Seung-ssi?” Seo Hyun turned to the witness.

“No… no… not yet. She is… not feeling well, so I decided to wait until she is feeling well first.” Kwon Bi Seung weakly shocked his head with his face down.

“But I’m curious with one thing, if that really happened in previous, then why you still want to work with the victim?” Seo Hyun continued to ask.

“Work is work, I’m a profession, and a personal reason will not stop me from getting a good movie.” Kwon Bi Seung answered.

“I see… Shin Dong-ssi, can you reach the actress? I think we need to talk to her after this.” Seo Hyun nodded and turned back to Shin Dong.

“I can’t. It appears that the phone is close or out of range, but I won’t stop my try.” Shin Dong said with a light shook.

“Wait! Why are you finding her, she had nothing to do with this case, don’t go bother her!” Kwon Bi Seung nervously said.

“Oh ya, how could we miss this? Kwon Bi Seung-ssi must know how to reach to his fiancé, right? Please get her for us.” Seo Hyun said.

“Can’t… can’t do that. I also can’t reach her since this morning.” Kwon Bi Seung weakened a bit at the request.

“This morning? Don’t you worry about her at all? Ah-ha, I understand now. Sandy Park was the missing guest today and she is the one put the poison in the food and killed the director. She then rearrange the plate because of the mess created by the director when he was about to fall down. She then went missing hoping that no one will ever find her again.” Seo Hyun suddenly said.

“ANIYO! Sandy is not the killer!” Kwon Bi Seung denied strongly.

“She is!”

“She is not!”

“She is!”

“She is not!”

“She is!”

“She is not!”

“Then who is?”

“Me, I’m the killer! …… ha… ha… just joking… ha… ha… ha…” Kwon Bi Seung loudly admitted he was the killer but he then changed the answer by saying he was just joking.

“It is no use for you to cover that anymore. There are so many pair of ears in here clearly heard that you admit that you are the killer of Kim Suk Pil. I purposely trick you to say it by yourself, don’t you know that when someone got stress up by false truth, their mind will stop thinking more lies and give the simplest answer which is always the truth that they knew, just like you just now.” Seo Hyun smirked.

“No, I just fell into your trap. I am not the killer.” Kwon Bi Seung still did not want to admit it but without his noticed, his body was starting to act differently. He sweated on the forehead, his eyes was constantly moving back and forward to the front door and the ground he was standing at and he started to swept his both hands on his thighs because of nervous.

“Words can lie but body action can’t. I suggest you to stop lying and tell us the truth now or you will be ‘treated’ nicely back in our questioning room. I believe you are an intelligent person, so you know what is better for you, right?” Seo Hyun said with some threatening tone.

“I… I… I… arasso, I give up. Majayo, I killed this person here before I called you. Everything I told you just now is true but I changed a bit in the middle and the end. I know who the second guest is and I didn’t come late, maybe I should really come late then this whole thing will not happen. Maybe you all might already guessed, the second guest is Sandy, my fiancé. This bada*s here called us in for lunch as soon as he knew that Sandy just got discharge from hospital, she got too much of stress from the report last year and she attempt to commit suicide early this year. Doctor and I took more than two months long to finally convince her that it was not her fault and to stop her depression. She finally gave up on her suicide thought and was slowly becoming healthy as day passed by. But everything ruined on the second she received the call from this bada*s. Today’s meeting is not for the new movie project but it his plan to trick us. Sandy and I come separately because I got a schedule in the morning, I should have come with her.” Kwon Bi Seung gave up and started to tell the truth.

“What happened when you come?” Seo Hyun asked softly.

“That… That A*S Sandy! He even proudly said that he still can lay his hand on my fiancé even she was going to be my wife! I really want to hit him straight on his ugly face hardly until bloods over his face but I got image to protect. I went to Sandy and pick her up from the floor and was going to walk out from this house when everything changed. That bada*s evilly laugh and showed us the clips that he recorded when he Sandy and also some photos he took when they were in relation, he said he will give those to reporters in future but as long as we can fulfil his wish, he will keep it enclose. I thought he want money from us and believe me I really prepared for that, I’ll do anything to get those things from his hand but… but… that bada*s said that he only want Sandy’s body anytime he need it, even after we got married. My anger shot up to the max and only thought I had at that time is to get him out of our life or better, out of this world. I suddenly remember that Sandy had a bottle of poison which she prepared when she was going to commit suicide and that bottle was in my car. I turned to bring Sandy out of this house and to my car, after I took the poison secretly from the car and convince her that I’ll solve this problem soon, I sent her off to my house, I come back to this guy. I acted calm and secretly pour those poison on his foods when he was not looking, then I asked him to sit down to discuss on how we can solve this. Of course I’m not going to discuss with him, as soon as he sat down, I suggested that we should talk about that after we had lunch and he just accept it without any doubt. I look at him to make sure that he did take the poisoned food and just as immediately, he got chocked and was trembling to get up from his seat, he turned at me sharply but I was more than happy to see him in that stage. He then fell down on the floor and I went to check on him to make sure that he already died. After I’m confirmed that he already not breathing, I started to clean up the mess on the table and tried to make it looked untouched, but obviously I failed. Everything happened next is as what you know.” Kwon Bi Seung gritted his teeth tightly when he recalled what happened this morning.

“I’m sorry for that but you should come to police and use the right solution. Kwon Bi Seung-ssi, you are under arrest for killing Kim Suk Pil. Sung Min-ssi, take him back with us.” Seo Hyun sighed and softly said. As much as she pitied this man and his fiancé but murder is still murder and she had the responsibility to get every murderer no matter what their reason to kill.

“Timjangnim, another case happened in just a street down here. A woman believes to be jump down from a tall building to kill herself. According to the identity card on her purse which other colleagues found on the rooftop, her name is Sandy Park Min Sun, Canada born Korean.” Min Ho ran into the house with his phone on his ear.

“Sandy? HOW IS SHE NOW???!!!” Kwon Bi Seung asked loudly as he heard the sudden news.

“She… she is already death when other police reached there.” Min Ho said as he got approver from Seo Hyun.

“NOOO!!!!!!!!” Kwon Bi Seung shouted in pain. He then fell unconscious as he received the sudden news.

“Haiz… if he stay with her and reported to us before he took the action by himself, then all these can be avoided. Take him and let’s go.” Seo Hyun weakly said as she saw Kwon Bi Seung fell down. She turned and went out from the house to her car.

“Shin Dong, do you think that timjangnim changed a lot after her agreed to be with Yong Hwa-ssi? Not only her strictness to the killer, she also changed her way on breaking the lie from the killer, more and more like Yong Hwa-ssi now. She would just bring her suspect back to station and bombarded them with question and even used force to make them talk but now she intelligently trick the killer to break their own lie. Not that I don’t like her now but I kind of missed the strong timjangnim.” Sung Min went to Shin Dong as Seo Hyun disappeared from the front door.

“I agree with you but we should remember that she is now a pregnant woman, so she could not use force on questioning section anymore. I think Yong Hwa-ssi though her how to break those lies without using much force.” Shin Dong nodded on Sung Min’s claim but they did not notice that someone was standing at the stair and heard everything they said and clenched his both hands tightly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Wow, this case is fast solved. Hahaha... and sorry no YongSeo moment in this chapter.

And Kyu Hyun is back. Is he really forgive and forget Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa?