Secret Is...

Deduced A Way To You

 

“Freeze! Put your hand on the back of your head and slowly turned around.” Shin Dong shouted toward the killer with his gun pointed at him. The killer slowly put his hand at the back of his head and turn around, just as Shin Dong asked. Yong Hwa, Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk stopped at a few steps away from him, still surrounded him. The first car’s passengers also got down from the car and they were no other but Seo Hyun and the others.

“Min Ho and Hong Ki, go and get him.” Shin Dong ordered. Min Ho and Hong Ki lowered their guns and walked slowly toward to the killer. Step by step they got closer to the killer but they did not let their guard down because they did not know what the killer could do if they lowered their guard. Soon they were a step back from the killer, Hong Ki put down his gun to reach out to the killer with one hand and Min Ho put out his handcuff, ready to cuff him.

“You are under…” Min Ho was ready to cuff the killer but at the exact moment a car came from the parking lot, heading to the exit and honked the group for blocking the road. Everyone attention got divided and the killer took the chance, again, to run swiftly pass Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun toward the staircase exit where he was initial headed to just now. The group was shocked for a moment but they quickly ran to chase on the killer. The car’s driver opened his car’s window and shouted at the group for not moving the two cars away but no one care about him and continued to charge on to the killer. This time, without anyone blocking the way, the killer successfully got into the staircase exit and used the stairway to went up to the upper level.

On other hand, Jung Shin, who was the only one that got leaved at the Arriving Hall, was still clueless about what happened in the parking lot. He continued to search for the target but Gimpo Airport was not been called the second biggest airport in Seoul for nothing. There were a lot of shops even just one level of the airport and the airport got four levels at all. He had done searching the first floor and was headed to second floor when he blamed Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk leaved him alone did the entire searching job. Even worst, Jong Hyun did not left him any picture about the target, he only could base on his own memory for that, he also could not ask around without any picture. He used the building lift to get access to other floor, so he had no idea on what happened at the emergency stairway.

Back to the stairway, the killer was heading to the highest floor because he showed no intention to stop at any other floor. The group was following from behind, except for the girls’ group. Just when the others were all chasing the killer, Soo Young and Sunny stopped the pregnant Seo Hyun to not running anymore and they took the lift up to the highest floor, hoping that they could cut the time down by even a little would do. But reality and the hope were not the same, the lift was moving slowly down from the upper level down to the parking lot. When it reached at the lower ground level, it was one and half minutes after they pressed the button up. And to make them even slower, the lift got stopped at every level up. At the second level, Soo Young saw Jung Shin, who was still looking for the target, and they got off from the lift to go to him. The girls told him everything and he got angry at Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk for leaving him behind but then he cleared his mind and wanted to continue searching for the target. Soo Young, Yoona and Sunny offered themselves to help him and pulled the unwilling Seo Hyun, who wanted to go after the killer together with the others, together too because they used her child safety as reason.

The killer reached the fourth floor and went out from the emergency exit door because that was the end of the stairway. He ran down the hallway and reached the centre part of the building. Yong Hwa and the others was still following him from not far behind and once Shin Dong made sure that there were hardly anyone on that floor, he decided to end it there.

“Stop now or I’ll open fire!” Shin Dong shouted and pointed his gun on the killer again. The killer stopped at the very centre part but not turning back to face the group. The group went slowly to close the gaps between them and the killer. When they were a few steps away from the killer, the group spread out and surrounded the killer. Some of the left workers in that floor came out to see what happen and surprised by the drama-like scene.

“Please move out! Go to lower floor!” Hong Ki, who was the closest to those workers shouted without taken his eyes from the killer. He had learnt from the previous experience in the parking lot just now that this killer was a tricky person, he would free from any tiny open.

“Enough, Secret. You already lost, give up now.” Yong Hwa said.

“Ha. Haha. Hahahaha!!!! Lost? I’m not lost yet! Even you catch me now but you won’t find your friend without my help. In the end, I’m still winner.” The killer loudly laughed at Yong Hwa’s words.

“You call yourself ‘Secret’ now? Why must you let yourself go on this unreturned road? Your future is a bright one but you chose this dead end road.” Shin Dong asked.

“Bright? Dead end? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW I SURVIVE THESE FOUR YEARS???!!!” The killer shouted back at Shin Dong and the group.

“Four years? What happened four years ago? And what does that have to do with me?” Yong Hwa asked.

“Yes, we might not know how do you go through the past four years but that doesn’t mean that you can go around to kill people. You are a police and police’s job is to protect citizens from danger not to put them in danger. You don’t have the right to call yourself as police anymore!” Shin Dong replied.

“I thought I can forget what happened four years ago by went on with her wish. She always like to be police because she said that police is so smart and brave and also can help people in danger. I thought I can live on by doing what she hoped to do. BUT! When I was really in police team, only then I know that police is just a brunch of useless group, everything had to go on with evident and rules. Police also got themselves in-touch with the gangsters and would join act with them once awhile to make news about it. Police also can’t solve cases by themself; they have to rely on others, like private detective. Even worst you had to rely on this so-called detective!” The killer excitedly said and pointed at Yong Hwa.

“If you are not happy with the job of police, you can just stop being one.” Min Ho quickly said.

“I was once thought about it but then I met the love of my life in the team. After her, she was the only girl I loved. She was the only reason I continue to be in police. But what happen? She got stolen by this guy, AGAIN!” The killer shouted at Yong Hwa. Everyone, beside Yong Hwa and Shin Dong, grasped at the killer’s exclaim.

“I never stole her from you. We started after you two break up; it was your own fault.” Yong Hwa calmly said.

“We got break up is because of YOU! Why must it be you? Why must you steal both girls of my life?” The killer asked in hurt.

“Both? I never did that! I admit that this one is really might be my fault but who was the other one?” Yong Hwa denied.

“Have you forgotten what happened in four years ago? The incident that took your sister and brother’s life?” The killer asked.

“That exact incident took my beloved sister life TOO! My only sibling and family! If not because of you then she will be still alive now! But you took her chance away!” The killer continued in loud voice.

“Me? In my memory, I’m the only one survivor, everyone died including noona and hyung.” Yong Hwa was confused with his memory and what the killer said.

“Why that you are the only one survived? That mean you stole my sister’s chance to be alive!” The killer kept on accused on Yong Hwa.

“You are wrong! Stop blaming others and accept the reality, Kyu Hyun!” Shin Dong shouted. He could not stand on looking at the killer, or better known as Kyu Hyun, for twisting the truth.

“This is the reality! If not what to explain that he was the only one alive?” Kyu Hyun took off his mask as he did not need it anymore now because everyone knew who he was now.

“I’m alive because of my noona! If not because of her, I will not be alive now.” Yong Hwa loudly denied.

“Then why don’t you go to die now? If not because of you than Seo Hyun will be mine, still mine till now!” Kyu Hyun shouted back.

“Looking at how you are now, I’m thankful that you leave her before you did anything unforgettable to her.” Yong Hwa returned to his calm self.

“Kyu Hyun, I understand that you hate Yong Hwa-ssi so much but why you targeting his friends? They are all innocent. You killed three innocent people just to take revenge on Yong Hwa-ssi?” Shin Dong quickly changed the topic because he knew that that topic might go on forever if they continued like that.

“They are innocent? Just by being friend with him is all deserved to die! If they want to blame, they should blame on him!” Kyu Hyun pointed at Yong Hwa again.

“If being friend with Yong Hwa-ssi deserves being killed, then all of us here deserve the same. Why don’t you just come upon us?” Shin Dong asked.

“I… I… Even though I hate the police job but I really think that you all are my friends and how can I kill my closest friends?” Kyu Hyun weakened down.

“Then how about us? We are the closest friend to Yong Hwa hyung and the effect on hyung will be double if we got kill by you.” Jong Hyun asked coolly.

“I was planning going step by step, you two and Jung Shin-ssi are all in my list but you three are at the end of the list, just before him.” Kyu Hyun explained. If he did got away from the group today, then he was going to kill all Yong Hwa’s friends that he could find out and lastly would targeted Yong Hwa.

“I still don’t understand. You insisted to kill my friends in front of me but what if I can’t solve your riddle and I went to wrong person? Will you just kill anyone I went to?” Yong Hwa asked.

“Even though I hate you a lot but I must admit that you are very clever in solving case. I’m very sure that you will go on as I planned.” Kyu Hyun said.

“How do you kill the first victim? The elevator CCTV showed that you already left the hotel as soon as you put them into the room. You don’t have the time to kill at all.” Sung Min asked.

“He returned to the hotel from the emergency exit as he went out from the hotel. Due to the lack of hotel security; there is also no CCTV in the hallway to the room. Of course he can open the door with key he took with him when he went out. He then wear the shirt that I was wearing then killed Chang Ming hyung by the trophy that was in my hand after that. All the blood from Chang Ming hyung was spread on the shirt then he put the shirt back to me. He rubbed of his print from the trophy then he grabbed my hand to hold on the trophy to leave my print, and only my print on that trophy. Then he went out as how he come in and he went to prepare his next steps and come back when he done prepared the second target. As he planned, the hotel workers would went to call me as he ordered when he check-in. Then he acted like nothing happen and surprisingly saw me in the room of a die man.” Yong Hwa explained before Kyu Hyun said anything.

“That’s right, that’s why I chose that hotel. As expected, even you are stressed with the chasing police and your friend’s life threatened, you still can come out with the solution.” Kyu Hyun smiled said.

“That is just a simple trick. I just don’t understand why do you kill Chang Ming hyung first. If you really planning to kill according to your plan, which is from my high school friends to my recent close friends, then he is obviously not your first target but why?” Yong Hwa asked.

“That is a change I did when I follow you yesterday morning. I was planning this for some time already but I don’t know how I should make you fell into the trap easily. He fit for the starting act, so I start my plan with him.” Kyu Hyun explained calmly. He had nothing to keep as secret anymore.

“I realised your change since you come back but I never thought that you had this plan in your head. If only I had known it earlier, then I might able to stop you.” Shin Dong sadly said.

“No, you won’t stop me. You will only force me to start the plan earlier, by killing you; even you are my teammate and friend. Luckily that you don’t come and force me to kill you.” Kyu Hyun shook his head.

“After that, you purposely let me go on the way to the station, one side you got the reason to push me even more by putting my name on the wanted list. Secondly, you can’t let me got lock up in the station because that will spoil your plan. Then, you used this as reason to go out to find me. You knew that I will go to second target’s house, so you waited me there. When I found Jin Suk, you waited for him to tell me the clue you asked him to tell me, then you shot him at the head from the outside of his house. You even called police to surround me outside the house. When I thought I was doomed, you threw a set of police costume into the house for me to disguise as police and wait for the police to break into the house.” Yong Hwa continued to say.

“Bravo, all right!” Kyu Hyun clapped his hands as he heard the deduction from Yong Hwa.

“But Kyu Hyun, that costume is the first evident that we started to doubt that it is you behind all this. Yong Hwa-ssi left the police car and the costume you gave him at Han River after he successfully got out from the area. We found a strand of your hair on the costume and there is also your print on the shirt.” Shin Dong uttered.

“No way, I just got that costume to wash yesterday after I decided to start my plan. It shouldn’t have any evident left on the costume!” Kyu Hyun said in disbelieved. His plan had turned himself in.

“The forensic have one basic principle with them that are always true, the Locard’s Exchange Principle. Locard’s Exchange Principle stated that ‘Every Contact leaves a Trace’, which mean wherever you touch will leave trace of evident, by conscious or unconsciously, will be silent witness against yourself. You should have known about this.” Shin Dong said.

“You did another wrong choice to come to find us in the stadium after you killed the third target. You shouldn’t have said that you track our whereabouts by the car signal because you don’t know that the petrol car broke down at that morning and we went to the stadium by my car. My car doesn’t have the tracing device, so how do you find out about us?” Sung Min added.

“I… I… so, in the end, I dig my own grave? I didn’t follow you all from the station since start, so I don’t know that petrol car broke down in the morning. What a bad luck?” Kyu Hyun smiled weakly.

“It’s all ended, Kyu Hyun. Now tell us where you keep the target, don’t add one more innocent life to your list, Kyu Hyun.” Shin Dong asked.

“You should find it by yourself; I won’t say anything but I warned you that you only have… thirty minutes left before something bad happen.” Kyu Hyun said while looked to his watch.

“Kyu Hyun! Stop being so stubborn!” Shin Dong scolded.

“Good luck on your search.” Kyu Hyun still did not want to say anything about where he kept Moon Ye Ji. “You have twenty nine minutes left.” He continued.

“Min Ho, Hong Ki, cuffs him and brings him to the car. Sung Min, you help Yong Hwa-ssi to find the target out. I’ll look after him.” Shin Dong ordered. He knew that Min Ho and Hong Ki might not enough to look after Kyu Hyun alone, so he will take care of him by himself.

“Don’t worry, I won’t fight anymore. Min Ho and Hong Ki should go with the others to help finding the target out. Shin Dong hyung alone is enough to look after me.” Kyu Hyun said confidently. In his point of view, Yong Hwa and others will never find Moon Ye Ji.

“Go! I’ll look after him.” Shin Dong signalled Min Ho and Hong Ki went on with Yong Hwa to find Moon Ye Ji.

*********

“Hyung! Have you got the killer?” Jung Shin waved at the group as he saw them.

“Yes. How was the searching? Do you find Ye Ji?” Yong Hwa nodded weakly and automatically went to Seo Hyun.

“Is it really him?” Seo Hyun asked softly and Yong Hwa nodded in respond.

“Who is the killer? And where he is now? I’m going to smash his head badly for doing these to us.” Jung Shin, who was the only one did not know about the identity of the killer, threw his fist onto the air.

“Ssshhh… watch your mouth.” Soo Young quickly pulled Jung Shin to stop him.

“Don’t you curious who is the killer? Hyung, who is the, OUCH!” Jung Shin asked curiously but again he got stop by Soo Young, this time by pinching his hand.

“Let’s find Ye Ji first. We only got another… twenty two minutes now.” Yong Hwa did not answer Jung Shin. He looked at his watch and said.

“We should go in group. Me, Min Hyuk-ssi and Sunny-ssi. Min Ho, Jung Shin-ssi and Soo Young-ssi. Hong Ki, Jong Hyun-ssi and you. Timjangnim and Yong Hwa-ssi in one group. Each one takes a level and searches every corner in respective level. Remember, the target might being tight down and she might have bomb with her. Immediately call the others as you find the target. I already contact the bomb profession and they should be here in fifteen minutes, so we have enough time to save the target.” Sung Min arranged the group to four groups, with a police, a man and a woman in a group, except for Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun’s group. ‘You’ was referred to Yoona because Sung Min still did not know her name yet.

“Wait, even so we can’t go into the terminal to find the target. What if the killer keeps the target inside the international building?” Jung Shin asked.

“That’s why I put one police from us in every group because I already inform the airport police about the searching, so they will accompany us into the inner part. Just show them your badge and they will understand.” Sung Min explained.

“I see.” Jung Shin nodded.

“No more question? …… Move now!” Yong Hwa signalled them to start searching because they only had twenty minutes left.

**********

“Kyu Hyun, it’s never too late if you tell us now where you keep the target.” Shin Dong never stopped trying to persuade Kyu Hyun to tell them where he kept Moon Ye Ji.

“Shin Dong hyung, how long since our last time together like this? Min Ah, my late sister and I liked to have heart to heart talk once awhile, under the starry night sky. It’s been four years already I never have that kind of talk with anyone else, since she died, and I missed it a lot.” Kyu Hyun said as he looked out through the big window to the night sky.

“I like starry night sky too. Your sister must be a pure and innocent girl.” Shin Dong looked out at where Kyu Hyun looked at.

“Yes, she is as pure as the angel and she is my angel. But that accident took my angel away!” Kyu Hyun clutched his hand as he remembered how his sister died.

“Kyu Hyun, I understand that you are sad with your sister’s death but that is not anyone’s fault. You said that your sister is your angel and do you think that she will be happy if she finds out what you did now?” Shin Dong turned back to Kyu Hyun.

“She won’t, she even might angry with me now. But this is the only way to erase my anger in my heart.” Kyu Hyun smiled bitterly as he recalled her sister’s angry face.

“There is never a way out only, it just that you close your eyes to seek for other way out. What’s done is done and we can’t turn back anymore but now there is another innocent life in your hand. You should save her before too late.” Shin Dong bragged Kyu Hyun again.

“…… I lied. The time left is only ten minutes from now. I want to let them thought that they still have more time to save her but actually, she only have ten minutes left.” Kyu Hyun calmly said.

“What? Tell me, Kyu Hyun! Where you keep the target?” Shin Dong was shocked with the sudden revelation. He spontaneously looked at the time on the wall.

“Somewhere they never thought about.” Kyu Hyun said nonchalantly.

“Kyu Hyun! Don’t do wrong anymore. Had you thought that she might be a sister or lover of someone else and when they lose her, they will come to take revenge on you or your friends like what you did and then your friends’ family will take revenge on them in return. This is a never ending cycle, so please stop the cycle before it started. Tell me where you keep the target!” Shin Dong asked nervously.

“…… Parking lot.” Kyu Hyun kept silent for a few moments and finally said. Shin Dong quickly took his phone out and called Sung Min to inform them what he found out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: As you all predicted, the killer is Kyu Hyun. Congratulation!!! I have mixed feeling about this, I'm happy that you all guess it right but I'm also sad that you all guessed it right so easy. haizzz....

But this case was not finish yet, they still need to find Moon Ye Ji's hideout and save her from the bomb explosion. Is Kyu Hyun gave them the right clue or he is just tricking them? Can they save Moon Ye Ji in time and saved the explosion. If the bomb really exploded, then the people in airport also will got hurt too...