Suicide or Homicide

Deduced A Way To You

 

“ARRGGGGGHHHHH!!” Someone in the café shouted out loud and caught everyone in the café attention to that direction.

“Soo Young-ssi.” Jung Shin turned to Soo Young and Soo Young nodded in understood. They ran to the shout direction to see what happened.

“What happen, Agassi?” Jung Shin was the first to reach the scene, the other corner of the café, and he asked the first person there he saw.

“I… I… I don’t know. This guy just suddenly fell off from his seat to the ground.” The girl in full uniform answered.

“Jung Shin-ssi, no breath.” Soo Young went down to check on the man but she turned back to Jung Shin with bad news.

“You, please stop anyone in this café go out from here, someone in here is the killer. Soo Young-ssi, please called Shin Dong hyung and others here.” Jung Shin turned to that girl in uniform and ordered her and she did as Jung Shin told but of course not without any protest.

“No visible wound, maybe he is being drugged. Waitress, can you help me to get whatever this guy is eating just now? That might be a clue.” Jung Shin simply checked on the man, tried his best to maintain the body as how it was when they found him. He then turned to another worker. He needed to take the role of investigation because there was no one with him now, beside Soo Young. He usually never took that role because there were others who were smarter than him and he was willing to take the supportive role but that was not the case now.

“Excuse me, who in here know this guy here? Any detail might help too, please!” Jung Shin then shouted out to the people in the café for help.

“…” People in the café started to chat among themselves but no one was answering Jung Shin’s question.

“He… he is one of our regular customer. Since last month, he always comes to our café to have his lunch and dinner sometime.” One of the workers raised his hand and answered Jung Shin.

“Do you know more about him? Like his friends? Works? Anything would do.” Soo Young went to that worker and asked.

“No, we never pay attention to our customers’ personal stuff. I only know that he always come alone and will always sit at that corner or somewhere near there. He never talks to anyone beside give his order. AH! Last week, I think, he got into argument with one of my co-worker.” The worker shook his head lightly and said.

“Really? Where is that worker?” Soo Young continued to ask.

“She… she… there she is.” That worker turned around to find the worker he talked about. The female worker was turning away from the scene and that made her more suspected.

“Agassi, can you tell me… Ji Young-ssi?!” Soo Young went to that female worker and turned her to face her and she was surprised that the female worker was Min Hyuk’s sister, Ji Young.

“He… he… annyeonghaseyo, Soo Young-ssi.” Ji Young shyly greeted Soo Young.

“Kang Ji Young, what are you doing here, in that dress? You are supposed to be in tuition class right now, right?” Jung Shin also went to Ji Young.

“Oppa, please listen to me, I have a reason for this.” Ji Young quickly grabbed Jung Shin’s hand and bragged him.

“Say it.”

“I… I’m here to work as part-timer, as you can see. And for the class, I… I… I lie about that. I didn’t enrol today’s class since start of the semester. I know you all won’t like me to work as part-timer, so I lied to you all.” Ji Young explained.

“You! We are going to talk about this again later. Now, tell me about that guy there. You really got into argument with him last week?” Jung Shin sighed deeply but he needed to put that away for now first.

“He… he is insane! Day before I argue with him, he tried to… to… to molest me when I sent him his order.” Ji Young answered with head down.

“Molest??!! Didn’t you report to the café owner about him?” Jung Shin’s anger rose up as he heard the word ‘molest’.

“Of course I did but the owner said that I don’t have evident to point out him, she just told me to be more careful with him. But the next day, when I tried to avoid him, he stomped up and scolded at me, saying that my service is , he even said some bad words to me. I can’t hold in anymore at that time so I scolded him back, that’s how it happened.” Ji Young answered.

“Serve him right! Who did he think he is, to scold and molest my sister?” Jung Shin turned furiously to the lying man.

“Jung Shin-ssi, calm down. Ji Young-ssi, where are you when this happen?” Soo Young asked.

“I… I was in the back of the shop. I did something wrong earlier today and I got punish to wash the used plates and cups at the back all the time. I come out here when I heard the scream and at that time, I also saw you two running toward that guy. I was afraid that you might find out about me, so I was plan to stay as low as I can hoping that I can go through this without being find out about this but…” Ji Young shyly said while playing with her fingers.

“Anyone can prove that?” Soo Young continued to ask.

“Yes, almost every worker in here can prove that I never left the washing spot. You can’t be suspecting me to kill that guy, can you?” Ji Young looked up to Soo Young.

“Of course not. I just want to make sure that you have the full evident to erase you from being suspect. Even though we didn’t know each other for a long time but I’m sure that you won’t do that.” Soo Young seriously replied.

“Oh ya, where is the owner of this café? He never shows off since this happen.” Jung Shin turned around to find for the owner of the café.

“It’s a she. Our sajangnim is a woman, a very successful woman. I also didn’t see her around today.” Ji Young corrected Jung Shin quickly.

“She was here just now when we opened the shop but then she went to bank after that and she is not yet back till now.” The male worker just now came to them and said.

“Gyeongchalnim, please don’t arrest uri Ji Young-ssi just because she got into argument with that guy before. I can assure that Ji Young-ssi never comes close to the front part since the café opened today, so she is impossible to kill him.” The male worker continued.

“Firstly, we are not police, we are private detective. Secondly and most importantly, who are you and WHY are you acted so CLOSE to my sister, Ji Young? What is your relationship with her?” Jung Shin raised his voice to that male worker.

“Oppa! You are embarrassing me! Kang Jun-ssi is just my classmate and co-worker, noting much.” Ji Young protested.

“Joeseonghanida, I don’t know that she is your sister. I thought you are going to arrest her, seeing you put all the attention on her.” The male worker, Kang Jun bowed deeply to Jung Shin.

“Even they have any intimidate relation; you also don’t have the right to stop them. She is not your real sister, Lee Jung Shin. Even her real brother, Min Hyuk-ssi is here, he also have no right to stop her because she is old enough to be in relationship. I believe that she could hander it well.” Soo Young slapped Jung Shin hardly on the arm.

“You are wrong, if Min Hyuk knows about this, he will kill this guy immediately for sure. And even Ji Young is not my real sister but each of us treat her as our own sister and my care on her is no less then Min Hyuk.” Jung Shin denied.

“Enough, stop fighting. Shouldn’t we focus in the case first? You have all the time to argue back in office.” Ji Young stepped in to stop the two before they picked up another fight again.

“This is not end yet, we will talk about it again later. Don’t try to run away, Kang Ji Young.” Jung Shin agreed with Ji Young, so he turned his attention to the lying man again.

“Soo Young-ssi, can you check on the bag on that man’s seat? I need to go on check on the kitchen, to see if there is any trace of poison in the kitchen. Ji Young, show me the way. And you, keep everyone in here away from the scene, except us. Anyone passed that, you are going to take full responsibility for that.” Jung Shin divided job again.

****

“Jung Shin-ssi, take a look on this. I found it in that man’s bag.” Soo Young passed a piece of nicely folded paper to Jung Shin as he finish checking in the kitchen. He found nothing related to poison at all.

“What’s this?” Jung Shin murmured as he flipped opens the paper.

“If anyone found this paper means I’m already death or in danger. You must be curious why do I know that I’m in danger right? To tell you the truth, I is in target of killing by the owner of *** café, Kim Eun Sun. We were once close friend but she misunderstood and got angry with me because of a false reason. It’s not the first time she wanted to kill me, so I prepared this note to point her out if I got into any danger.

Shim Yoong Nam”

“A note to point out the killer, as you can see. But somehow I got the feeling that this is not the truth.” Soo Young softly said.

“I know but we can’t leave out any lead. Ji Young, what your sajangnim’s name?” Jung Shin nodded and turned to Ji Young.

“Kim Eun Sun. Why?” Ji Young answered.

“Can you or anyone here called her back now? We have something to ask her.” Jung Shin asked.

“No need for that, Jung Shin.” Suddenly someone walked in with a group of man behind him. They were Shin Dong and others, together with a woman followed from behind.

“She is Kim Eun Sun, we meet at outside just now.” Shin Dong continued.

“Shin Dong hyung, what took you so long? I thought we have to solve this case by ourselves.” Jung Shin smiley greeted Shin Dong.

“We won’t let you take all the fame.” Sung Min answered for that.

“Oh, Kyu Hyun-ssi. It’s been a while since our last meet, annyeonghaseyo.” Just then, Jung Shin realised Kyu Hyun was with the group, so he quickly greeted him formally.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Shin-ssi. Who is that girl beside you, by the way? Is she your girlfriend?” Kyu Hyun bowed back to Jung Shin and noticed that someone he never saw before was with Jung Shin.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Soo Young ibnida. I’m new member in Yong Hwa-ssi group. And no, I’m not his girlfriend; we will never go any near to that.” Soo Young introduced herself and coldly said.

“You will never know what lays in future, Soo Young-ssi. Yong Hwa-ssi and uri timjangnim are the best example for you to see.” Shin Dong smiley said.

“Enough for chit-chat time, we have a case to solve, guys.” Jung Shin jumped in to stop the ‘discussion’.

“Eey, Jung Shin is protecting Soo Young-ssi.” Min Ho teased.

“Jung Shin is right, let finish our job here first before we continue the personal chatting.” Shin Dong stopped Min Ho.

“What do we have here? And why do you ask to find the sajangnim just now?” Shin Dong went to Jung Shin’s side and asked.

“Hyung, here. Soo Young-ssi found it in the victim’s bag on his seat.” Jung Shin passed the paper to Shin Dong and said.

“You are touching around again? Min Ho, bring the sajangnim here. Sung Min and Kyu Hyun, you two go to take testimony from everyone in here.” Shin Dong read through the note in the paper and turned to order his teammates. Seo Hyun was not here today, so he was taking the lead.

“Kim Eun Sun-ssi, do you know about this man here?” Shin Dong asked as he pointed to the body on the floor.

“I do. We are lover once but we already separated few months ago.” Kim Eun Sun weakly nodded.

“Shim Yoong Nam-ssi, right?” Shin Dong looked at the paper and asked.

“Ne, that’s his name.” Kim Eun Sun nodded.

“May I know what the reason you two went apart is?” Shin Dong asked again.

“Does that related to this?” Kim Eun Sun asked back.

“Just answer whatever we ask.” Min Ho said.

“Min Ho! Kim Eun Sun-ssi, you have the right to not telling us, I’m sorry for my teammate’s strict words.” Shin Dong stopped Min Ho.

“But Kim Eun Sun-ssi, I don’t understand one thing. Why does Shim Yoong Nam, the victim would come to your café regularly after you two broke-up?” Jung Shin asked.

“Because… he… he want to start over again but I’m not going to believe him again, not after what he did to me!” Kim Eun Sun angrily said.

“Can we know what did Shim Yoong Nam-ssi do back then?” Jung Shin added.

“He… he trick me. He had three other girls with her while he was together with me, I don’t know about that until one of the girl called me out for a meet with all of them. Each of them have evidence that he really with them, separately. I was so angry with him, so I cut off all our contact and moved out from my previous home to avoid him. Until last month, he found out that I opened this café and since then he would come every day. I already try to stay away from him, yet he still continues to cause trouble in here to make me see him. Now that he…” Kim Eun Sun said sadly. Jung Shin and Shin Dong exchanged a look as they heard what Kim Eun Sun said because it was totally different from what written in the note. Which one should they chose to believe would affect the whole outcome of the case.

“In this note, which believe to be written by Shim Yoong Nam, stated that you want to kill him and it’s not the first time you do that. What do you explain for that?” Shin Dong decided to take a bet and showed Kim Eun Sun the note they got.

“MWO??! Nappeun nom… Gyeongchalnim, please don’t believe him; I never want to put dirt on my hand for killing that guy. Although I’m very angry at him for cheating me but I never thought to kill him at all. In other hand, he is the one always threaten in front of me to kill himself if I don’t agree to start over with him. He is twisting everything in this note, he want me to get in trouble for not going as he wished. First, killed himself in my café and then make you find this note. He framed me, please don’t believe in him.” Kim Eun Sun eyes got wider as she read the note from Shin Dong and she quickly explained herself, while grabbing onto Shin Dong’s arms and sleeves.

“Shin Dong oppa, uri sajangnim was not here when this guy got killed, so there is no way she can be the killer.” Ji Young, who watched everything from aside, decided to voice out for her boss.

“Don’t worry, we are not jumping to the conclusion without detail investigation but you are still in our suspect list until we can prove that you are innocent. Please let go of my hand first and control your emotion.” Shin Dong turned to Kim Eun Sun, who was already got tears in her eyes, and said. Kim Eun Sun nodded weakly and let go of Shin Dong’s hand slowly.

“Min Ho, take her to a sit and look after her.” Shin Dong ordered.

“Shin Dong hyung, what do you think about her? Do you believe in her words?” Jung Shin softly asked as Min Ho brought Kim Eun Sun to an empty table, with Ji Young’s help.

“I don’t think she is telling the lie because her eyes are so determine. A liar will never have a straight eye contact with other because they are afraid that others might find out about their lies through their eyes, which is hard to control. But that can’t be the evident to prove her right in court, so we need to find more evident to support that.” Shin Dong answered.

“Shin Dong hyung, don’t tell me that you got attracted by her eyes but she does have traits as a beautiful woman.” Jung Shin teased Shin Dong.

“Ya! I’m not that kind of man that got attracted so easily, moreover she is our suspect. A policeman should not have any personal feeling to a suspect to avoid him taking side of the suspect.” Shin Dong slapped on Jung Shin’s back strongly.

“Auch! I understand what you mean, Shin Dong hyung. If she is not suspect then you can have personal feeling to her, right? Don’t worry, I will help you to prove that she is innocent, so you can go after her.” Jung Shin continued to tease, ignoring the pain from his back.

“Ya, jugoso?” Shin Dong threatened.

“Haha… but seriously hyung, I also believe that she is innocent. I remember that Yong Hwa hyung said that if someone is lying, he will avoid physical contact with anyone when he is telling a lie but Kim Eun Sun-ssi unconsciously grabbed you tightly just now. That proves to me that she was not telling a lie just now.” Jung Shin laughed a bit before he changed to serious face.

“As I said, those can be presented as evident; we need to find more solid evident to prove that she is telling the truth.” Shin Dong said.

“Maybe this can help you.” The forensic doctor went to Shin Dong smiley and showed him something in evident plastic.

“What’s this, Kim songsaengnim?” Shin Dong was clueless.

“This is a tiny leftover bit of capsule that I found in the victim’s mouth. I think it’s because the victim chewed the capsule before he swallowed it, that’s why there is a little tear of it that got stuck in between the teeth.” The forensic doctor explained.

“Songsaengnim, do you know what is inside this capsule? Does it have any relation to his death?” Shin Dong asked.

“I can’t say it for sure now because we don’t know what’s in the capsule. I’ll ask them to run a quick test on it. By the way, he is die due to drug overdose.” The forensic doctor shook his head.

“Capsule? I remember there is a bag of capsule in that man’s bag when I search his bag. Can they be the same?” Soo Young suddenly went to them and said.

“Really? Where is it?” Shin Dong asked as he reached out to the bad, which was not far from where he stood.

“Shin Dong hyung, we already ask everyone in the café but we can get anything in their testimonies. No one recognised him, except for a regular customer here.” Sung Min and Kyu Hyun came back from getting testimony for all the witnesses.

“Thank you. Soo Young-ssi, where do you found the capsules?” Shin Dong nodded to Sung Min and Kyu Hyun and turned back to Soo Young.

“It’s in hidden pocket in the second zip. I found it accidentally when I was checking it, and I think if I don’t search it in detail, I won’t find it because it’s easy to be missed.” Soo Young pointed out to Shin Dong. Shin Dong did as Soo Young directed and soon he took out a bag of capsule from the bag of the victim. It was only two more capsules in the bag.

“Songsaengnim.” Shin Dong passed the bag of capsule to the forensic doctor to have a look.

“If I’m not mistaken, it should be what we called Morphine Extended. It’s used to treat long-term pain; in short it’s a type of painkiller. If this was what he took, then we already found our killing weapon. As you all can see here, it warned that these capsules should not be crushed or chewed or take with alcohol because it may release sudden large amount of the drug and it’s fatal.” The forensic doctor did a detail check on the capsules and explained what he thought about them.

“Can we prove that these capsules were belonged to the victim?” Shin Dong asked.

“It’s easy, there is a pharmacy phone on the bag. If we called back to the pharmacy and asked for their record then we can find out who bought those capsules.” Jung Shin pointed out.

“Kyu Hyun, try to call the pharmacy.” Shin Dong passed the bag to Kyu Hyun and he did as told immediately.

“Hyung, according to the record, there is only one man went to buy those today and you are right, he is the victim himself, Shim Yong Nam.” Kyu Hyun informed the group immediately as he ended the call.

“Shin Dong hyung, you finally can prove that Kim Eun Sun-ssi is innocent. Why don’t you go and tell her this happy news now?” Jung Shin teased Shin Dong.

“Ya, Lee Jung Shin!” Shin Dong threatened to slap Jung Shin but Jung Shin was faster to hide behind Sung Min.

“Sung Min hyung, let me tell you a secret, Shin Dong hyung have his eye on the suspect, Kim Eun Sun sajangnim. He said that she has a pair of pretty eyes.” Jung Shin told everything to Sung Min with a wink.

“Nice catch, Shin Dong.” Sung Min smiley said as he learned the ‘secret’ from Jung Shin.

“You really believe in this punk?” Shin Dong asked in disbelieve.

“Why not? It’s been awhile since your last relationship, moreover a woman in hurt is the best time to attack. Go!” Sung Min smiley pushed Shin Dong toward the table where the owner was resting at as he said.

“Now we should able to conclude that this case now. The victim is suicide by talking the drug in wrong way and cause overdose which finally killed himself. The only left is the motive, is either he accidentally killed himself or he purposely killed himself in this café to put Kim Eun Sun-ssi in blame of everything. But we won’t know it now because the victim is already death and only he himself knows that what’s in his plan.” Sung Min turned to look at the body.

“Took every possible evident back to station. Let head back to station.” Sung Min gave order.

“Wow, Jung Shin and Soo Young-ssi, you two really form a perfect team along with the police. You two should think about my suggestion from just now.” Dong Min, the first chairman from UFO club, went to Jung Shin and Soo Young as he saw the police started to clean up the scene.

“NO WAY!” Again, Jung Shin and Soo Young rejected in unison. They turned to look at each other sharply before turned the back of their head facing each other again.

*********

“How is the baby?” Yong Hwa asked nervously as he saw Seo Hyun and the Gynaecologist doctor walked out from the curtain.

“Everything seems fine, Mr Jung. But please remember that the first three months of pregnant is the risky period for miscarriage, so please be careful. I already explained mostly everything to Mrs Jung just now, so I won’t repeat myself again. Just one more thing, please make sure to avoid make love for these few months because it might also cause miscarriage too. When the baby is stable then only you can try a light one, so Mr Jung, please be more patient these few months.” The gynaecologist said with straight face.

“N… ne… understood…” Yong Hwa gasped in surprise how the gynaecologist could say those with that straight face but lucky that he could still answer her. Seo Hyun, in other hand, blushed when she heard that but she found it funny on how Yong Hwa’s reacted on that.

“This is a serious problem, Mr Jung. So please don’t take me lightly. I have a lot of cases that couple lost their child because of extreme s*x when the woman was pregnant, so I’m warning all my patients to be more careful. I know it’s hard to control sometime but for your wife sake and your future child’s sake, please be more control.” The gynaecologist looked up to Yong Hwa as she thought Yong Hwa was not pay attention to her words.

“I promise, you have my words. I’ll kill myself if I can’t control it.” Yong Hwa quickly put up his hand onto the air and swore.

“Oppa…” Seo Hyun was surprised on Yong Hwa’s answer.

“You don’t need to kill yourself, even you can’t control it. It’s not your fault at all, so the wife should help sometime too, you know what I mean.” For the first time, the gynaecologist smiled at Yong Hwa’s answer.

“That’s all for today. Please remember to come back on the date I give you, see you again.” The gynaecologist smiley said. Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun bowed to the gynaecologist before they went out.

“Hyun, you heard what she said just now right?” Yong Hwa suddenly asked as they sat down on chair at the waiting area.

“Heard what?” Seo Hyun blinked her eyes in total clueless.

“That… that… wife should help the husband sometime too, even we can’t do it properly.” Yong Hwa went whispered to Seo Hyun’s ear directly; after all here was the public area so it was not suitable to talk about that topic loudly there.

“Oppa!” Seo Hyun quickly moved her head away from Yong Hwa’s and turned disbelieve on him.

“What? I’m just reminding you about what the doctor told us.” Yong Hwa acted innocent.

“Cham!” Seo Hyun’s nose flared as she got angry on Yong Hwa’s words.

“Alright, my bad. I’m sorry, Hyun. Don’t get angry with me, okay?” Yong Hwa quickly went to apologise to Seo Hyun.

“I… I… I’m angry because your second sentence, not the first one.” Seo Hyun took a deep breath before she spoke out her mind.

“What do you mean?” Yong Hwa was dumbfounded.

“You will know when we go back to home.” Seo Hyun smiley turned to Yong Hwa.

“Tell me now!” Yong Hwa said in curious.

“Seo Hyun-ssi!” Just at the same time, a nurse called out from a small window.

“Wait till we go back.” Seo Hyun turned to Yong Hwa again, in quick, before she went to the window.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry, for the late update. I was going to post it yesterday evening but then I realised that there is no YongSeo moment in this chapter, so I added the last part in last minute and caused the delay. Sorry again...

And, who is excited to see what will Hyun do to YH when they are back to their house? hohoho... (evil grin!)