More Mysteries

Deduced A Way To You

 

J, a smart and tricky series killer, was thought to be death two years ago after months of chasing of him by the Crime Investigation Dept. Police, led by Seo Hyun who had just started her post of leader in her team before this case started. In between the investigation of the four murders, Seo Hyun and her team came across Yong Hwa and his friends who ran a private investigation, requested by one of the victim’s family, for the first time.

Little information was known about this intelligent yet cold blood killer by public but no one would have thought that J was in between the investigation team. J, or better to know as Jin Woon was cousin to Yong Hwa and they ran the investigation together with Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin. He was clever enough to always mislead the team together with the police to dead end of their investigation and due to his close relation with both side, he was always able to get away without being caught.

But he chose the wrong rival to play with, Yong Hwa. Yong Hwa started to feel that the killer was between them because there were some information that he never told anyone beside his team members and Seo Hyun was knew by the killer too. Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun decided to trick the real killer out as they told the others the false information. As their expected, Jin Woon really fell to their trap but they were so shock to find out that the killer they were chasing for months was the friendly and lovely Jin Woon. But that was not the only shock because Jin Woon split out another secret to them on that day they trapped him. Jin Woon was actually Seo Hyun’s blood related brother, who followed their mother while Seo Hyun was taken by their father when they divorced and then she married to Yong Hwa’s third uncle. Only Shin Dong, Sung Min, Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin knew about that beside Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun and no one was dare to talk about that after they witnessed the exploded ship, which drove by Jin Woon as he tried to run away from being caught.

Seo Hyun focused on her work fully after that event and hoping that she could forget about the fact that her brother was the most wanted series killer and died in front of her very eyes. She never told her father that she met with Jin Woon and the whole event because she did not want him to be sad with the news. Yong Hwa had tried to meet her with Jin Woon’s mother, who was her mother too, after the event but she always rejected because she was afraid that she might broke down if she met her again. This was also one of the reason she hated Yong Hwa at first because every time she saw him, the pain memory would always came back to her. Now, after years, she only started to get use with Yong Hwa’s appearance in most of her case because she wanted to win over Yong Hwa in fastest solving the cases.

Everything seemed to go back to it balance after that but no one would had thought that one short letter would break the balance again. The person they did not want to see again reappeared after two years of missing after the explosion of the boat, although they still did not know how he got away from the crisis but the letter was prove that he was still alive. The letter was the official announcement about his comeback and they will face the second round of challenge, more dangerous, harder and trickier this time.

******

 “Timjangnim, you seem so lost today. Did anything happen last night?” Min Ho asked. He came to send her the report from yesterday.

“……” Seo Hyun did not answer Min Ho’s question. She just sat in her seat motionless and looked straight outside of her room without any specific focus.

“Seo Hyun timjangnim… timjangnim! Are you alright?” Min Ho asked again curiously. He never saw Seo Hyun in this state before, all he knew about her was a strong, dedicated and hardworking team leader; it was so different than the woman in front of him right now.

“Choi Min Ho, what are you doing in timjangnim room?” Shin Dong was the second person to reach their office and followed by Sung Min and others. All of them went to Seo Hyun’s room as Min Ho waved to call them into.

“Shin Dong hyung, timjangnim is so not her today.” Min Ho whispered softly to Shin Dong but it was enough to be heard by everyone in the room.

“… Mind your own business, Choi Min Ho! Shu!” Shin Dong also noticed the different in Seo Hyun until he noticed a name on Seo Hyun’s table. He got a feeling that he knew what caused her to be like that, so he chased his team members out from Seo Hyun’s room before they found out.

“Sung Min, do you saw what was written on timjangnim’s table?” Shin Dong secretly asked Sung Min as the other went to their respectively place. Sung Min just answered him with a understand nod.

“Call Yong Hwa-ssi.” Shin Dong ordered shortly but was enough to make Sung Min understood his intention. Sung Min did immediately as Shin Dong asked and after few minutes, he went back to Shin Dong with a bad news.

“Shin Dong, Yong Hwa-ssi said that they receive a letter from that person yesterday. Timjangnim also knew about it.” Sung Min whispered to Shin Dong.

“MWO? Are you sure about it? That person is still alive?” Shin Dong was shocked as he heard the news.

“I’m as shock as you right now when I heard that from Yong Hwa-ssi just now. They said that they are trying to track him now and if there is any news, they will inform us immediately.” Sung Min said.

“No wonder timjangnim is behaved like that today. Can she face this again for second times?” Shin Dong was worried about Seo Hyun. He was the one among them that knew everything from start to the end and he saw how hard Seo Hyun got pass the stage to accept the fact that Jin Woon was death but now she was going through for another time.

“I just hope that all this is just a fake alarm. This is a torture not only for timjangnim but also all of us.” Sung Min sighed.

“We have to prepare for the worst.” Shin Dong said.

“But there is nothing we can do for the meantime.” Sung Min weakly said.

*********

“J, the game is about to start. I’m so excited with the counting down days.” A short hair girl stood in front of view glass in Namsan Tower and uttered.

“Hehehe… Seoul, the second round of killing game is about to start. Who is going to be in the opening ceremony?” Another tall and thin guy stood beside that girl, smirked with the most evil smile you would ever see.

“J, why don’t you start with one who cause you nearly died in the explosion two years ago?” The girl suggested.

“Good idea, but both of them should be the , so they have to live until the hit.” The guy said smiley. The reason he came back was to take revenge to two of them but he decided to play around first before he gone for the most exciting part.

“Then what do you want to do now?” The girl asked in annoyed.

“This.” The guy took out a piece of paper and showed to the girl. It was about a party held by the third richest businessman in Korea, Lee Soo Man.

“What is this?” The girl was confused.

“A party. And I plan to make it a big hit as the opening ceremony of our game. Yong Hwa and others will be stunned when the news is out. Hahaha…” The man laughed.

“J, you’re such a genius.” The girl happily said.

“Nic, help me to send another letter to police station tomorrow. I really missed my ‘lovely’ dongsaeng. Hahaha…” The man said in middle of his laugh.

**********

“Yong Hwa hyung, guess what?” Jung Shin ran into Yong Hwa’s room without even bother to knock on it first.

“Hey, knock the door first before you come in to other people’s room. What’s up?” Yong Hwa lifted his both hand and threw them onto the air for a simple stretching.

“It’s not like you are keeping a girl in your room…” Jung Shin pouted. “You know I went to the post office to find out if they know who sent us the letter yesterday, right? After turn of turn of bragging, the old postman finally gives up on me and tells me something interesting. He said that it was his duty time when they receive the last minutes speed post, it’s very unusually to receive such a letter in that kind of time because it cost a lot and people would prefer a normal post, although it was slower to reach to the receiver. I also used to be received a lot of letters from my fans when I was in school, in this method because I’m so popular back in…” Jung Shin continued.

“Jung Shin! Go straight to the point!” Yong Hwa stopped Jung Shin from drifting away from the main point.

“Huh? Oh ya! The post officer said that he can remember surely the person who sent the letter to us but when I show him the picture of J, he quickly denied that he was the one. The post officer told me that the sender was a young girl with short hair.” Jung Shin got snapped off from continue with his never ending story about his past years.

“Young girl?” Yong Hwa was a bit surprise to hear the news because till a minute before, he still thought that J would show out by himself.

“There is another interesting thing about that girl. The post officer clearly remembers that the girl was talking to herself alone throughout the whole moment she was in the post office until she walked away. She can laugh and smile by herself and everyone in the office that time thought that she was abnormal but the girl act perfectly normal when she was in front of the counter.” Jung Shin said with sparking eyes. He always liked the abnormal stuff, such as ghost story, vampire, UFO and aliens.

“Talk to herself? … This is getting much more interesting. Do you know who that girl is?” Yong Hwa also got interested in the mysterious girl.

“Sorry to say but no one recognised her at all. I thought the whole way back here but still have no idea at all who that girl is.” Jung Shin shocked his head.

“Jong Hyun, do you have any found?” Yong Hwa turned to Jong Hyun, who was facing his laptop for the whole morning at one corner.

“Nope. I already check on every communication system but I don’t see anyone close with our suspicion.” Jong Hyun answered without looking up to Yong Hwa.

“Keep on looking. Jung Shin, call Hong Ki and ask for his help to get the sketch of the look of that girl from the post officer. I got something to do now, my mom called just now.” Yong Hwa ordered his friends before he left them.

“Jong Hyun hyung, what do you think ajumma will ask Yong Hwa hyung this time? He got force into a blind date last time.” Jung Shin went to Jong Hyun and asked softly as Yong Hwa left them.

“I heard the conversation just now and based on my hearing, ajumma is asking Yong Hwa hyung to attend something for her sake.” Jong Hyun said with his eyes lock on the screen of his beloved laptop.

“I hope nothing is going to happen because last time when Yong Hwa hyung went to the blind date, he left the girl alone after he got involve in another murder case in that restaurant and he got scold a lot by ajumma the next day.” Jung Shin said in worried.

“But I think Yong Hwa hyung purposely left the girl because he never treats someone like this before even he got something important to do.” Jong Hyun spoke out his thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm sorry for the short update because today is a busy day for me, eventhough it's friday.... (sigh...)

Back to the story, now you know about J's background, I have another question for you all. What do you think he will do for next step?