Bad

Untouchable

I waited for the elevator doors to open to the third floor and sighed when they did; only a few more steps to my dorm and then I could get to bed and sleep.  The heels on my boots clicked softly against the carpeted flooring and stopped at my dorm room. Letting the card swipe through the machine over the knob of the door, I waited for the lock to click before opening it.

“KiYeon!” DaRi shot up from her bed as soon as I entered our shared dorm room “I’ve been calling you all day!” she cried frantically

“I’m sorry; my phone was on silent and then it must’ve died; did something happen?”

I watched her move over to her desk and pick up an opened envelope; taking my coat off, my eyebrows furrowed in curiosity as she outstretched her shaking hand “I found this when I got back from class this afternoon; someone must’ve slipped it under the door...” she looked into my eyes with a hint of panic and sadness “There was no name on it…there’s a SNU seal on it so I just figured it was one of those Meet & Greet invitations”

I took the envelope slowly “It’s not?” I questioned turning the envelope over to glance at the SNU seal; we must’ve gotten at least five of these within the past month, just like every year; Only DaRi’s look told me it was not an invitation to the annual resident meet & greet the school hosted.

“It’s for you” she replied simply

I flipped the loose flap and pulled out a folded letter; dropping the envelope, I unfolded the paper and glanced over the paper before reading it from the beginning. My breathing hitched as my eyes widened and my knees weakened as I fell onto the bed; my breathing quickening to the point that I thought I would hyperventilate.


To: Resident(s) of Dorm C-14

                We regret to inform resident: Kwon KiYeon of her eviction from Dorm C-14 in residency building: A of Seoul National University.

                The above mentioned person is entitled to a 3 day grace period (starting from the day you have received this letter) UNLESS a request is filled out and approved, by the Residency Department, for an extension to a 7 day grace period. If the above mentioned person does not request extension of their grace period, and/or exceed their grace period, the above person is liable to be charged for trespassing with a jail sentence of up to 6 months and/or fined ₩55,000 to ₩300,000.

                We as the Residential Department of Seoul National University have the right to evict any and all residents if we so find them unsuitable of residency at our university.

                                                                                                                                                                Sincerely,

Park MiSoon

Park MiSoon

Department Chair

 

Approved:

Cha HaeYoon

Cha HaeYoon

President of Seoul National University


“Oh my God” I took in a much needed breath as my eyes watered at the letter

“I’m so sorry KiYeon” DaRi spoke the only words she could think of as I tried putting the paper down, but my fingers grasped at it desperately, reminding me that this was real; that this was actually happening.

“Why?” my voice cracked

“I-” DaRi shook her head “I don’t know” she sat in front of me on her own bed.

“Why didn’t you tell me!”

“I tried!” she waved her phone around desperately

“What am I going to do!?” I pushed my tears back and cleared my dry throat “Where am I going to live!?”

“I’m sorry Ki, if I could help you I- wait! I can vouch for you! I mean…it doesn’t even say why; Maybe we could go down there and work something out” she suggested, but I was already picking up my access card and out of the door, only giving her enough time to slip on her shoes as she scrambled behind me. I didn’t bother waiting for the elevator as I ran down the three flights of stairs and past the lobby where the security guard sat behind his desk; walking past the desk and into the long hallway that connected the Residential department and the dorms; I stopped at the electric door only to scan my access card and waited for the door to slide open. The Residential Department’s lights buzzed with age in the silent and nearly empty office, the only sign of life being the elderly women peeking out from behind one of the cubicles that stood between the back wall of offices and the front separation counter.

“That door opened for you?” she wondered and watched as I approached the front counter

“It’s not 8 yet” I replied, realizing I only had ten minutes until the office closed.

The woman sighed, but slipped on a pair of glasses and approached the separation counter, her hand moving the mouse so the screen lit up on the computer in front of her “alright” she looked up expectantly “what can I do for you?”

Holding up the paper, I let her take it “Why did I receive this?” I asked before she could finish reading it

Her eyebrows rose at my tone, but she set the paper down on the counter gently “Do you have a financial hold on your account?”

“No!, my tuition is paid for; and so is my residency fee” I retorted “I don’t understand, why-“

She held her finger up and clicked on a few things before pointing at the scanner to my right “Scan your access card” she instructed

I quickly held the card up and waited for the machine to beep before turning back to the woman anxiously.

“Kwon KiYeon?” she asked for confirmation as she scanned my information on the screen

“Yes” I answered “what does it say? Why am I being evicted?”

She glanced down at the screen again “We’ve had some complaints” she stated “You should’ve received a warning letter” she looked at me curiously

I shook my head “No, you didn’t send me any other letters”

“It would’ve been sent to you via mail, e-mail, or R.A.”

“No one told her anything” DaRi replied from behind me

The woman sighed and clicked a few more things “Then it’s possible that- yes here it is” she started “The department only evicts after five complaints” she looked straight into my eye “We have received thirteen complaints on you specifically”

“What?” I asked baffled

“That’s ridiculous!” DaRi cried “I make more noise than KiYeon!” she defended

My jaw clenched when my mind remembered something “Who?”

“I can’t tell you that” the woman shook her head “What I can tell you is that the complaints range from ‘disturbing the peace’” she read off of the monitor “to endangerment”

“What the f-” DaRi started, but the elder woman cut her off

“Kindly watch your language” she scolded “The reason why you did not receive warnings is because these were all issued within the same 24 hours”

“You’re kidding me!” I cried “And you don’t find that suspicious; don’t you think maybe someone’s making all this up!?” I reasoned

“They exceed the approved amount of complaints, KiYeon-sshi; thirteen is too much for the department to look over” she explained and then her voice lowered “Personally, I agree with you, but there is nothing I can do” she whispered before leaning back, hands poised over the keyboard “Would you like to request an extension?”

I blinked back tears that craved to explode from my eyes “How am I supposed to move out in three days?” my voice wavered and DaRi rubbed my back soothingly

I saw pity in the woman’s eyes and looked away as she typed “It’ll be ₩160,000 to fill out a request”

“Are you kidding me!?” I cried, finally letting my tears roll down my cheek “Just forget it! I’ll move out within the damn grace period”

“I’m sorry KiYeon-sshi”

“I’m sure!” I screamed before DaRi pulled me away; I couldn’t even remember the walk back to the room. My mind racing as I tried to grasp the situation. Where would I go? I had no family to go to. I didn’t have money to get my own apartment and even if I did the only apartments around here are so expensive I’d die working my off to pay it off. I only realized when the door shut that DaRi had led me to my bed, bringing me a glass of water that I pushed away as I lowered my face into my hands; my body wrecking in sobs. Who would do this?

By the time SooKyung had arrived, after a call from DaRi, I didn’t even care that I hadn’t talked to her since our small argument in the hallway as we threw ourselves into a hug and I let my friends comfort me, even when I knew it wouldn’t change anything.  They let me calm down enough to talk about it.

“Who do you think sent those complaints?” SooKyung asked “Do you have any idea?”

I clenched my jaw “RyuHa and her clique…they’re the only ones that have enough power to do that”

“Why would they do-“

I shook my head “This is VIXX territory remember?... I’m BAP”

“You are not BAP” SooKyung insisted as DaRi took the paper again, re-reading it for the tenth time

“Not necessarily the only ones” DaRi pointed out as she put the letter down and taped the first signature “Park MinSoo…she’s related to Park Kyung”

“Isn’t he from Block B?” SooKyung wondered

 “Why would Block B have anything to do with what’s happening?” SooKyung wondered

 The face of the Block B member flashed in my mind and it angered me even more when I realized it had been his own girlfriend, ChaeRin, that had warned me of the VIXX/Block B alliance “They’re allied” I hissed “And they hate BAP”

 “This is all Bang Yongguk’s fault!” DaRi seethed “If all this Untouchable crap hadn’t happened you wouldn’t be in this situation!”

I shook my head “There’s nothing he could do about it”

“Are you defending him?” SooKyung glared

“I’m not” Some part of me did blame Bang Yongguk; because what DaRi said was true, I wouldn’t be in this situation if it wasn’t for him; but the other part of me reasoned that Taekwoon must have something to do with this. Ravi’s words echoed in my brain ‘I advise you to give in…before something bad happens’ the only reasoning my thoughts gave me was that he wanted to prove to me that being with Bang Yongguk would bring problems; but you’re not with anybody I reminded myself with a shake of my head “I need to find somewhere to live” I reminded them “Where do I even start?” I wailed

“The Haru apartments are close by” DaRi suggested

Way too expensive” I bit my lip “I was thinking about that complex across from the mini mart on-“

No way! They just shot someone there like two weeks ago!” DaRi cried

“They aren’t taking applications anyway” SooKyung held up her phone where she was looking up listings “Wait! My brother!” SooKyung stated suddenly and turned to me “He lives about ten minutes away, walking distance” She reasoned “He has a guest room, I could ask”

The thought of sharing an apartment with a man scared me, even if it was Soo’s older brother. I’d known Lee HoWon as long as I’ve been friends with SooKyung; he was an alright kid growing up, never caused too much trouble and he was always nice to me; but there has always been something unsettling whenever I’m around him; and the way he looked at people had me on alert whenever he was near “I don’t think that’s a good idea Soo”

“It’s cheaper than anything around here Ki, and I’m sure he’ll let you stay as long as you need to” She re-assured “Besides, you won’t have to worry about living with some stranger”

I bit my lip; rethinking her words. I had no other options. Living in Seoul was too costly for me by myself “Would he even do it?” I wondered

SooKyung bit her lip before holding up a finger and grabbing her phone; her fingers moving fast over the keys.

“I can’t believe this is happening” DaRi looked at me sadly

“Done!” SooKyung cried and we turned to her “He says he doesn’t have a problem with it; but he wants to meet with you to talk about the rent”

I nodded slowly, telling her to give him my number before I turned away from the conversation. My eyes set on the night sky as I wondered how it had come to this. Ravi said things would get bad…but I had a feeling this wasn’t even the half of it.

--

A/N:

Chapter 11 woooo!!! I'm back readers! I'm so thankful for your patience! Seriously! I appreciate you all. I just started another semester of college so it's a bit hard for me to update but here is chapter 11! 

What do you think? I know it's not my best work but things are starting to get serious. 

The question: How Will Yongguk react?

Thank you for reading and subscibing and commenting! Please don't hesitate to ask questions! 

-Kyute19