Shiruh: I Don't Want To

Untouchable

 

“Gamsahamnida” I thanked the ahjumma behind the counter and picked up the steaming cup of mocha I’d ordered. Realizing it needed a bit more sugar, I ly to gasp and burn my tongue when I nearly bumped into someone “Mianhe” I apologized and bowed, only realizing who it was once I’d straightened up.

“gwenchanayo” the same girl that had showed up at my dorm and had been at Mercy talking to Yoo YoungJae yesterday smiled brightly at me; her eyes turning up, giving her an even younger appearance “You’re KiYeon-sshi right?”

“Neh. Excuse me.” I tried to walk away, not wanting to deal with yet another BAP related person, but walking around her seemed fruitless when I realized she kept in step with me and stopped next to me at the self-help area of the small café.

“Lee SunJi imnida” she introduced herself

Sighing deeply I tried my best to ignore her presence and then giving up when she wouldn’t get the hint “What do you want?” I asked finally.

Her smile just widened as she looked at me in delight “I wanted to ask if you would like to have lunch” she stated expectantly

“For?” I wondered and capped the cup after stirring in the sugar, finally turning to her. Her smile faltered for a second

“Well, we’ll be spending a lot of time together-“

I blinked at her in confusion “Why would we be spending time together?” I wondered

I could tell she was feeling a bit uncomfortable as she switched balance between her feet for a second “Well…because you’re Yongguk oppa’s…” she broke off when she saw my raised eyebrow “and I’m Youngjae’s gi-” she tried to continue only for me to cut her off.

“Look…SunJi-sshi?” she nodded “No. Thank you.” I declined her offer and walked around her stunned figure toward the door.

“Wait” she called and followed me out of the café “KiYeon-sshi-“

I sighed turning to the younger girl “Please stop following me” I instructed

“I just want to talk to you, you must be confused and you must want to talk to someone. I know this isn’t your ideal kind of relationship…what Yongguk-oppa chose you to be-” she tried

Enough” I glared “I’ve had enough. I’m tired of everyone telling me I belong to someone else. I don’t want to speak to you. Please, leave me alone” I said strongly “relay that to Yongguk-sshi as well”

She sighed “He’s not a bad person. KiYeon-sshi. But I know Yongguk and he won’t let you go that simply”

Taking a deep breath I turned back to her “You’re young SunJi-sshi. You don’t know all the realities of the world, especially not the one you live in. Every one of them is the same” I told her and succeeded in getting her to fall back when I walked briskly away from her figure and tried to hurry to my next class, realizing SunJi’s interruption had made me late. I cringed when I ran into someone’s back once I’d turned the corner into the hallway. The person didn’t seem to move as my mocha splashed onto my wrist and my books fell soundly to the floor.

“Mianheyo” I apologized and realized there was another figure walking next to the man as they both turned around. The one I’d bumped into smiling in acceptance of my apology.

“Pick that up” a smooth voice, that sent chills down my spine as I remembered what he’d said last night, instructed to the other VIXX member.

“Neh, hyung” the younger member bent down to grab my books as I stared boldly at Leo, setting my jaw at his hard stare “Here” the younger male interrupted, shooting a curious glance between us.

Snatching my books I turned and walked away from them as fast as I could, feeling his eyes burning into the back of my head.

“What was that?”

“Be quiet Ken” Taekwoon’s voice echoed softly through the halls.

I walked into the classroom and delved into my work. Trying my hardest to escape the reality around me.

-NextDayNextDay-

“So” SooKyung started from her spot on my bed Friday evening after I’d asked her to come over when she’d finished classes “What now?” she asked seriously “You can’t be seriously thinking about going to this ‘date’” she said

I’d told her everything I could, except for the words exchanged between me and Taekwoon, mindful of Dari who didn’t know anything about my past relationship and could walk in at any moment.

Shaking my head negatively and brushing the hair out of my eyes “Definitely not”

Sookyung looked at me thoughtfully “KiYeon” she started slowly “What if he doesn’t leave you alone?” she asked.

I didn’t answer as I mulled it over. The truth was….I didn’t think he would.

We startled when the door opened only for DaRi to walk in, sending us a wave before putting her stuff down “Did you guys hear that argument upstairs?” she wondered “Officer Park was just up there with Kim HyoYeon and Kim RyuHa” she explained. I raised an eyebrow when I realized she was talking about Block B’s B-Bomb’s girlfriend and the girl that had cornered me in the bathroom, VIXX’s Untouchable.

“O-officer Park?” SooKyung stuttered and blushed lightly as I bit my lip to stop my laughter. She pushed my shoulder lightly before shaking her head as if to clear it.

DaRi looked at me curiously “Shouldn’t you be dressed almighty untouchable?” she wondered

I could feel my anger burn through my eyes “Don’t call me that”

“You’re not going?” she assumed

“Why the hell would I go on a date with Bang Yongguk?” I asked rhetorically

Dari shrugged and moved to sit on the window seat “I figured you would just to get why he took so much interest in you” she reasoned

I mulled over her words and shook my head slowly “I think it’d be best to just ignore it all and get them to realize I won’t have any part of whom and what they are.”

“And you think that’d work?” she asked absently as she stared out of the window

“Why would he keep investing time into someone who won’t give him the time of day?” I asked “I don’t know what Bang Yongguk wants” I added “But he’s not getting it from me.”

“And you’re sure you’re not going on this date?” she asked as if she’d just ignored my last words.

“Were you not listening?” I snapped annoyed

“I’m just asking…because Bang Yongguk is outside speaking to Officer Park” she turned from her window seat and we looked at each other until I stood and walked over to the window as calmly as I could, SooKyung following behind me. Looking down through the window, overlooking the entrance into the Women’s dorms of Seoul National University, I saw what DaRi was talking about. Standing right in the middle of the entrance was Officer Park, one of the main Seoul city officers that patrolled the university, having a conversation with a very well dressed Bang Yongguk. He stood confidently in a tailored grey suit that made him-

“He looks hot” DaRi commented suddenly

Shooting her an incredulous look as SooKyung scoffed I rolled my eyes before turning back to the window.

“I don’t think he’s going to leave you alone KiYeon” Sookyung pointed out softly

I shook my head “He will. Once he realizes I won’t give in…he will”

“No…he won’t” DaRi informed me. I snapped my attention to her “Don’t you remember what happened to Oh MinYoung when Zico chose her?” she asked seriously, our confused faces giving away our answer “Let’s just say she refused and it didn’t turn out that well for her” Dari told us before moving away to her desk. I was suddenly remembered of MinYoung’s warning in the bathroom: “Don’t fight it” she whispered “It’ll just be worse. Accept it. Don’t question it-……. Don’t make things worse for yourself KiYeon and just accept it.” She instructed

An overwhelming urge to prove I didn’t belong to him and the need to get him as far away from me as possible had me slipping on my shoes and grabbing my coat.

“Where…KiYeon!” SooKyung shouted after me, but I was already out of the dorm room. Making my way outside and approaching the two men, realizing that there were more eyes on me than there had been in my entire life as I neared them, my body tense as both turned to me. My eyes coming in contact first with Officer Park’s name tag pinned to his uniform that read: J. Park. He nodded once to me.

“Officer Park” I greeted and turned to Yongguk “Can you please him out of here?” I asked staring challengingly into Yongguk’s amused eyes. He his lips as he placed a hand over his mouth as if to cough. Realizing he was finding me amusing only angered me more. Narrowing my eyes at his gesture I hardened my stare.

“May I ask why?”

“Do you really need to ask why?” I retorted

“Of course” he shot back

Yongguk hid his smile again “You’ll have to excuse her Officer. She-“

“Can speak for herself” I snapped

“Mianhe” Yongguk bowed playfully and stepped back to open the side door of his car “It was good talking to you officer. Please excuse us. We have reservations”

“I’m not going anywhere with you. This man has been-“

The radio attached to his shoulder suddenly gave off a loud static sound as a few digits where given off. None of which officer Park seemed to notice as he looked somewhere behind me “You should go now.” Officer Park stated looking at Yongguk whose expression had changed to a guarded mask as he stared into the same place behind me.

“Let’s go KiYeon” he said in a definite tone

“Anniya. I’m not-“

He looked right at me and the seriousness behind his stare silenced me “You have questions. I’ll answer them. Just get in the car. We’ll talk”

“I’m not going to dinner wit-“

“Fine. We’ll sit in the car. Just get in.” he demanded

“Just get in the car KiYeon-sshi” officer Park urged and it made me turn only to swallow thickly when I realized that not only was everyone looking at me, but VIXX and Block B stood at the entrance of the men’s dormitories, staring directly at Bank Yongguk and me. Feeling their threatening looks I realized why Bang Yongguk was uneasy. He was outnumbered by a lot; I seemed to lose my mind as I slipped into the open door for Yongguk to close it behind me. He rounded the car calmly and opened the door to get in. I gasped when the car suddenly lurched and he started driving.

“Yah!” I snapped out of whatever daze I was in “Yah! You said you wouldn’t take me anywhere! Stop the car!” I yelled staring at him in disbelief. He ignored me for a few minutes. His body visibly tense until we’d gotten further away from the university. “Stop the car! This is kid-napping”

He chuckled “You’re not a child”

“It doesn’t make this legal! Where are you taking me!?”

“It’s a surprise” he smiled

“I don’t want it. Stop the car”

He nodded “I will” he turned to the right “as soon as we get to the restaurant”

“Don’t you get it? I don’t want to go anywhere with you” I seethed and pushed at his shoulder, gasping when the car swerved making his gaze harden.

“Stop it.” he said, his voice calm with underlining warning that made me shrink against the seat “Put your seat belt on” he said simply

“Why are you doing this?” I asked “Just answer me that.”

He focused on the road silently.

“You said we’d talk” I reminded him, not believing he would speak either way.

He nodded silently “That’s what a date entails”

Taking a deep angered breath through my nose I looked at his side profile “This isn’t a date. I will never date you. So take me back home and leave me alone. Whatever you want, I don’t have it”

“I just want us to get to know each other KiYeon” he stated

Shaking my head “I don’t want to get to know you”

“And why is that?” he wondered

Staring out the window as a million memories ran through my mind “Because I know exactly who you are”

He chuckled and continued to drive silently until parking the car in front of Restaurant De La Fleur. “You say I don’t know anything about you Kwon KiYeon. What makes you think you know anything about me?” He questioned before stepping out of the car.

I opened the door and slammed it shut, thinking it would bother him that I’d shut it so roughly “Because you’re all the same” I retorted

He stood in front of me, assessing me slowly before finally speaking “Come on. Before they give our reservations away”

Crossing my arms in front of me I stood defiantly “Take me home”

“Just come inside” he instructed “Have some dinner” he prodded

“I’m not hungry.” I said, looking around us.

“Keep me company” he extended his hand palm up. I stared at it before moving my eyes up his arm and into his eyes.

“Why would I want to keep you company?” I asked him curiously

I was even more irritated as his lips twitched upwards briefly as he dropped his hand and moved it to his pocket and looked around us before setting his mischievous eyes back on me, cocking his head with a smile “Please come in” he nodded towards the door

Rising an eyebrow at him “Oh you’re being civil now? I’m surprised, isn’t this about the time you drag me inside like I’m some kind of animal?”

His demeanor changed immediately as he raised an eyebrow and straightened up “Who’s treated you like that?” he demanded to know

I rolled my eyes “Goodbye Yongguk-sshi” I tried to figure out where exactly we were.

He sighed “Just come inside KiYeon. Have some dinner. Let’s get to know each other”

“No.” I refused and looked around again.

He smiled again, widely this time. His gummy smile sending an irritating shiver down my back “You’re acting like a child” he chuckled

“Excuse me? I am not.” My cheeks reddening slightly as soon as the words escaped me.

He looked around before his eyes settled on me again “Come inside KiYeon, Please. I promise I’ll drive you home lat-”

“I’ll find my own way home.”

“You don’t even know where you are” he stated  making me finally realize I really have no idea where I was; I’d been too involved in my thoughts and had not paid attention to any street names or direction on our way here “You must be hungry. Let’s go” he tried again

“I’m not” I informed, but of course my stomach decided to announce Its presence as it rumbled loud enough for him to hear.

“You are” he grinned “Come on” he stepped closer and pressed a hand on my back, I shied away from it and sent him a glare causing him to hold his hands up “You’ll love it. Trust me.” He held the door open

“I’ll never trust you.” I informed him, giving him one last look before walking past him into the restaurant.

-

 

A/N:

I updated! Yay! Thank you to all my subscribers ^.^

So, good news:  Yongguk's in this Chapter and I was planning to put the dinner in here, but I'll save that for next chapter. As you can see KiYeon is a stubborn one, but isnt that part of her charm?  

Even more good news: He's in the next chapter too!. By The way, you'll get a clearer view on his character as the chapters go by, and you'll get what I mean as the story goes on. So anyway next chapter they'll talk. Do you think Yongguk will answer?

Also, Who realizes who Officer Park is? I mean I gave a pretty big hint....like huge. Officer Park will be popping up every once in a while. Look out for more idol names (most likely their birth names) they may pop up once in a while and it probably will be on purpose.

I just wanted to mention. I realize KiYeon's words get a bit repetative. Be patient with her please. She wont be so repetative in the next chapters.

 -Kyute19